PDA

View Full Version : 2013/14 Doctor of Medicine Applicants

Aurora89
12-09-2012, 08:00 AM
Hi I'm a graduate from the UK hopefully applying to the 4 year program for September 2013 . Thought I would start a new thread to see if there are any other applicants.

Swamifez
02-20-2013, 01:47 PM
Hey I am possibly applying seeing what happens with my application with Jagiellionia. MUW's English program just passed California certification as found here, The California medical board were pretty fast and called MUW the harvard of Poland though Jagiellonian and Poznan would definitely have something to say about that. Anyhow, lets keep thread going

Dr white
02-21-2013, 06:30 PM
Hey I am possibly applying seeing what happens with my application with Jagiellionia. MUW's English program just passed California certification as found here, The California medical board were pretty fast and called MUW the harvard of Poland though Jagiellonian and Poznan would definitely have something to say about that. Anyhow, lets keep thread going

This is Good news are u sure of this ?

Swamifez
02-27-2013, 09:37 PM
Yeah it was passed at the most recent meeting which is on
feb.1 webcast part 2 on the california medical board website
between 1 hour 12 minutes and onwards. it gives us another option and i am hoping to get high mcat marks so I can go to Jagiellonian cause it is more suited to what i want to do. valuemd wont let me post links cause I dont meet the minim post count

Swamifez
02-27-2013, 09:38 PM
actually here is the link Medical Board of California Meeting Part 2 - February 1, 2013 - YouTube (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TtCEpVyH7Xs&list=PL6Up7Y6dOLoq7KBLYiat7q5d6uyhCVfob)

mustapha2k10
03-06-2013, 04:33 PM
hey guys, im currently a 1st year on the 4yr program, my buddy currently writes blogs and mostly related to the school and Warsaw, i think it would be helpful for you guys to check it out so you get a feel of this place and hopefully it will answer some questions you guys might have.

If you have any questions you want to ask, i can also try to answer them for you. Anyway here's the link to his blog:
The Cadaver Chronicles - Blog (http://www.thecadaverchronicles.com/blog.html)

mustapha2k10
03-06-2013, 04:35 PM
hey guys, im currently a 1st year on the 4yr program, my buddy currently writes blogs and mostly related to the school and Warsaw, i think it would be helpful for you guys to check it out so you get a feel of this place and hopefully it will answer some questions you guys might have.

If you have any questions you want to ask, i can also try to answer them for you. Anyway here's the link to his blog:
The Cadaver Chronicles - Blog (http://www.thecadaverchronicles.com/blog.html)

ashbeck24
04-01-2013, 10:57 AM
Hi I'm a graduate from the UK hopefully applying to the 4 year program for September 2013 . Thought I would start a new thread to see if there are any other applicants.

Hi, am also a UK graduate student looking to apply for the Sept 2013 entry. The only thing am skeptical about is that their does not seem to be any black students on this course and also from watching the panorama programme on BBC 1 regarding the attitudes of some of the polish citizens towards international students, am bit scared of what am going to encounter if I was to apply and be accepted on the course.

mustapha2k10
04-04-2013, 10:14 AM
Hi, am also a UK graduate student looking to apply for the Sept 2013 entry. The only thing am skeptical about is that their does not seem to be any black students on this course and also from watching the panorama programme on BBC 1 regarding the attitudes of some of the polish citizens towards international students, am bit scared of what am going to encounter if I was to apply and be accepted on the course.

one of my very good friends, who is also from the UK is black (parents are nigerian) and is currently in his 3rd year. He's told me he's not had a single case of racism since being here, the panorama show you watched is completely exaggerated, and you will find this out if you come here. Warsaw, also being the capital, is very very multi-cultural with every 3rd person you see being either Asian/Indian/Arab/Black etc.

Drcole
04-04-2013, 11:05 AM

Hey ashbeck, don't worry about racism, the media always exaggerrates anyway. I am black and I am also applying for this year's entry. I have many polish friends in England and they are very nice people. Obviously every race have got some weirdos and racist but it's not something to loose sleep over.

Hopefully see you guys when we get in.

Drcole
04-04-2013, 11:08 AM
Hey Aurora89,

Which course did you study and how far have you gone with your application. I just paid the 200 euros today

Swamifez
04-11-2013, 04:36 PM
Hey ashbeck, don't worry about racism, the media always exaggerrates anyway. I am black and I am also applying for this year's entry. I have many polish friends in England and they are very nice people. Obviously every race have got some weirdos and racist but it's not something to loose sleep over.

Hopefully see you guys when we get in.

My application is mark completed, I hope you guys got the application process started. The fee is a little steep but xoom ended up costing cheaper than going through a bank, but its worth it after they got approved by the California medical board and gives me assurance that I can practice in all 50 states if I do graduate. The California medical board had the nicest things to say about this university I am going to try to finish my apps to Poznan and get my MCAT score into Jag, and see where life takes me. Best of luck everyone.

Mir Hashemi
04-16-2013, 05:55 PM
Hi guys, how hard do you think it might be to get in and I hope they accept my degree 2.2 (59%).

hfr
06-01-2013, 01:19 PM
Hey Everyone!
I am filling out the application and realized they require a diploma and a pre-medical college certificate. I am from canada and just completed a BSc degree in Physiology and Pharmacology. Can anyone tell me the difference between the two?

Swamifez
06-04-2013, 01:47 PM
Hey Everyone!
I am filling out the application and realized they require a diploma and a pre-medical college certificate. I am from canada and just completed a BSc degree in Physiology and Pharmacology. Can anyone tell me the difference between the two?

One is actually the scanned copy of your physical diploma while other is a form you get from their website where you fill out all the pre-med/science classes you took and get it stamped from your university's registrar. Best of luck on your application.

Copyright © 2003-2018 ValueMD, LLC. All rights reserved.