PDA

View Full Version : Need information

New guy
12-02-2012, 07:11 AM
Some of us just got word that your Dean Dr. Tomczak and two other instructors (Tyburski & Rivero) are coming to Atlantic. We heard Tomczak is very difficult to get along but the other two instructors are pretty good. Can anyone give us info about what courses they teach and what to expect on exams? We have a few transfer students here from CMU but want to get more input on these instructors from additional sources.

verokmed
12-02-2012, 06:22 PM
From my experience VMD is full of rumors and 90% is pure speculations therefore I dont know from where you got this info but looks like its another joke.

thirdworldhipster
12-03-2012, 06:36 PM
None of those instructors you mentioned are leaving anytime soon. The instructors you mentioned are really good and explain the material well. You will learn the material if you pay attention in class, take notes, and read the material on your own. I'm not sure about where Dr. Tomczak is going, but if he's headed your way, then good luck.

CMU
12-03-2012, 10:29 PM
What transfer students did you have from CMU? For the last year there was only 1 student that transfered out to another school and during that time there were at least 50 who transfered to CMU.

New guy
12-09-2012, 07:54 AM
Is there something we need to know about this guy? I have one more semester on the island and want to avoid any potential problems in other words I want to make sure It's only one semester.

Acton
03-16-2013, 09:23 AM
I need this too lol

GIinthesky
03-24-2013, 10:21 PM
Is this legit?

New guy
03-29-2013, 05:28 AM
FYI, Dr. T arrived but lasted 2 weeks before he was fired. He didn't know his stuff and they have a very high academic requirement from the instructors here. So 2 weeks and bye bye.

verokmed
06-15-2013, 01:07 AM
Right, they fired Dr. T and now there is additional 4 new professors with excellent credentials.

Ananya Pramanik
09-22-2013, 08:03 AM
Hi
Here is my search report for you........

Mike
Valuemd post: 11-27-2012, 07:07 PM
CMU is approved by ECFMG in U.S. so that you can take USMLE exams and apply for ERAS residency programs. It’s recognized by the World Health Organization, listed in the Avicenna Directory of Medical Schools and also approved by the U.S. Department of Veteran Affairs for the GI BIll Financial Aid. Check the CMU accreditation page for more details
----------------------------------
knight2md
Valuemd post:11-29-2012, 01:52 PM
Yes, it is a legit school. I am currently transitioning to clinical.

CMU and the two other medical schools on the island being Avalon and SMU (I forgot what it stood for).As you are asking now, I asked myself the same thing before attending CMU so I checked out ValueMd and CMU forums, went to the school, met real students, saw the building, spoke to several people who have ever heard about CMU on the island plus other resources such as the Chief Economic and Tourism Minister, Health Minister, and the US Consulate in Curacao and after checking everything out, I was satisfied with my decision and no doubt yeah CMU is legit.

Also check out ************ webpage which handles the clinical portions for CMU as well since will be heading in that direction as well. CMU students get a discount at Kaplan and Doctors in Training (I got one from Doctors in Training).If you would like to know anything else, please let me know by sending me a pm and will be happy to assist you. Take care and be well.

------------------------------------
From Wikipedia, the free website.

Caribbean Medical University

Established 2007
Type Private, For-Profit, Medical School

Dean
Dr. Ryan Jackson M.D. M.S.

Location Willemstad, Curaçao, Kingdom of the Netherlands,

Caribbean Medical University (CMU) is an independent, for-profit, U.S. curriculum-based medical school. It is located on the island of Curaçao in the southern Caribbean Sea, off the Venezuelan coast. The main campus is located in the Piscadera Bay area of Willemstad, with the administrative office in Chicago, Illinois. After a total of four years of training, students are awarded the degree of Doctor of Medicine (M.D.).
Overview
Founded in 2007, CMU enrolls classes three times a year: January, May, and September, with an average class size of 27 students. Students complete their Basic Science education on the island in four semesters at the World Trade Center Curacao. After completing the 4th semester, students study for and sit for the USMLE Step 1 exam, and then continue on to 6 semesters of clinical clerkships at teaching hospitals throughout the United States. Upon completion of the curriculum, students must pass the USMLE Step 2 CS and USMLE Step 2 CK, prior to graduation.
Caribbean Medical University School of Medicine was chartered in and recognized by the government of the Netherlands Antilles on November 9, 2007.
Curriculum
The MD program at CMU is a 10 semester course of study that consists of three semesters per calendar year. Semesters 1-4 are basic sciences semesters that are completed at the university's Curaçao campus. Semester 5 is a USMLE review course. Semesters 6-10 consist of 80 weeks of clinical clerkship that are completed at hospitals in the United States.
CMU also offers a 4 semester pre-medical program for high school graduates who have not completed the necessary prerequisites for the MD program.
Licensure restrictions
In the United States, the medical boards of the following states have listed CMU as an institution whose graduates are ineligible for licensure:Maine,Oregon
Listings
CMU is listed in the FAIMER International Medical Education Directory and in the AVICENNA Directory for medicine.
-------------------------

I hope this report will help you.........

Cavalier
09-22-2013, 02:05 PM
Good to see positive comments as the post seems not credible to me.

Copyright © 2003-2018 ValueMD, LLC. All rights reserved.