PDA

View Full Version : AUA current matching stats

hale
11-19-2012, 10:16 AM
Is there any current stats on how many match at this school? Like how many matched vs how many entered the school?

hale
11-19-2012, 05:59 PM
Any one has the answer? Or answer is whatever . When you buy a product you want to know what its worth - I do not think anyone of us are looking for a piece of paper.

gMD
11-19-2012, 07:13 PM
listen....students entering carib schools like AUA are weaker students academically than their US counterparts...this leads to low USMLE score generally...this is the main reason why they end up in primary care residencies...

STATS: around 70% of the students who hv passed step I and II CK match out of AUA....u also hv to realize that majority of the students who didnt match were the ones who got like in 190s range on USMLE which put them is a disadvantageous state.

aim for good score i.e. >230..and u should hv no problem landing primary care to mid level competitive residencies...no school gets u where u want to go...its ur self determination and discipline that leverages school as a vehicle to get where you want to go

key is to use school as a leverage...dont depend on it entirely...teach urself...aim for the high scores

hale
11-19-2012, 07:33 PM
Thanks.Any stats you know of from AUA i.e how many do land up with residency vs how many entered the school? I did not find this number on their web site nor got any definite answer when I called.

gMD
11-20-2012, 10:27 AM
30-40% of students entering the medical school will not make it through basic sciences..simply because lot of kids come here thinking that they will make it through and life will be all rosy, but they fail to do self-analysis before coming here......becoming a doctor is not for everybody....it requires patience, strategy and caliber

out of 350 students that started med 1...only around 240 made it to med 3.. step score determine whether u get a residency or not

like i mentioned before in my previous post...making it through basic sciences and getting a 190 on step 1 will not get u a residency

i used to worry about the stats u are worrying about now when i was at ur position...but i suggest u dont do it......come here ready to self learn and not depend too much on school faculty and administration....since some of them dont know what they are doing.....come here ready to learn and form strategies on how to tackle step 1

novagoldResources
02-27-2013, 02:47 PM
That USMLE is very important.

Copyright © 2003-2018 ValueMD, LLC. All rights reserved.