PDA

View Full Version : Is Turkey med schools diploma equivalent to EU med school diploma?

TAJIK
10-26-2012, 06:07 AM
Hi guys I am a student at one of the Turkish universities studying biomedical eng. I hv attend turkish med school but unfortunately i did not get accepted. So I am planning to attend this year one more time and as one of the options I am cosidering Turkey. So while studying here in Turkey I hv learned that all acredited Turkish universities graduation diploma is equivalent to those in EU. They call it like ''Green Diploma''. So does this ''Green Diploma'' system work on a med school?

devildoc8404
10-26-2012, 02:58 PM
"Equivalency" is not the problem, Tajik. The difference is that an EU diploma is automatically accepted by the countries in the EU, while the Turkish (and almost every other foreign) diploma needs to go through the equivalency process. It isn't automatic, but if you are at an accredited and respected university in Turkey, you can apply to the EU country that interests you for approval of the degree. It'll probably work out fine, but there are no guarantees.

It is important to remember that even an EU diploma (or a diploma that has been deemed equivalent) cannot guarantee a work visa in every EU country. Some countries might very well accept a doctor's medical credentials, whether automatically or through application, but that country's immigration department might not allow that doctor to enter the country and work there. That is the case for me, for example. I will have an EU diploma, but I have no chance of working in the UK. I'm not an EU citizen, so there is almost a zero percent chance that I can ever work there even with the EU diploma... unless I get an EU citizenship.

Long story short(er): there are more hoops to jump through if you are not earning an EU diploma, but it is not impossible.

TAJIK
10-27-2012, 05:57 AM
"Equivalency" is not the problem, Tajik. The difference is that an EU diploma is automatically accepted by the countries in the EU, while the Turkish (and almost every other foreign) diploma needs to go through the equivalency process. It isn't automatic, but if you are at an accredited and respected university in Turkey, you can apply to the EU country that interests you for approval of the degree. It'll probably work out fine, but there are no guarantees.

It is important to remember that even an EU diploma (or a diploma that has been deemed equivalent) cannot guarantee a work visa in every EU country. Some countries might very well accept a doctor's medical credentials, whether automatically or through application, but that country's immigration department might not allow that doctor to enter the country and work there. That is the case for me, for example. I will have an EU diploma, but I have no chance of working in the UK. I'm not an EU citizen, so there is almost a zero percent chance that I can ever work there even with the EU diploma... unless I get an EU citizenship.

Long story short(er): there are more hoops to jump through if you are not earning an EU diploma, but it is not impossible.
Thanks for ur respond dear DD. But u know what is the maim issue is that here in Turkey I hv got almost perfect conditions to study. Here I got free meal everyday from uni fre transportaion and free place to stay as a scholarship I even sucseeded to get my tuition fee as a scholarship. So my family and personaly I do love my city where I am now. It would be too hard to leave such a perfect condition to study and go to somewhere else to study. So I am considering to get to ma uni. med faculty and study here and then go Ger or USA for the residency program.

devildoc8404
10-27-2012, 09:36 AM
If you really like your school, Tajik, then go for it... it is not easy to find a free medical education! Just take the time to get your English and/or German up to where it needs to be, so that you can pass the USMLE Steps with very competitive scores and pass the German language tests with a B2 or better.

Good luck! In which Turkish city are you studying?

TAJIK
10-28-2012, 11:55 AM
thanks I am studying at Kayseri at one of the economically important cities in Turkey. I am gonna attend Erciyes medical faculty which is according to one ranging list on the 7th place and accordind to the other list on the 5th place among Turkey medical faculties.

devildoc8404
10-28-2012, 02:49 PM
Study hard, my friend, get some USCE in the summer before your final year of medical school, and kick butt on the USMLE. I will be pulling for you. :)

TAJIK
10-31-2012, 04:17 PM
thanks man! will try to do ma best!

axiomofchoice
10-31-2012, 05:58 PM
If its so great, why do you want to leave at all?

TAJIK
11-08-2012, 06:27 AM
I am not gonna leave my uni I just want to change my faculty.

Copyright © 2003-2018 ValueMD, LLC. All rights reserved.