PDA

View Full Version : Match chances after successful usmle/ saba grad!

Never_Back_Down.
10-19-2012, 08:26 PM
Hey everyone just wanted to know as to what percent of successful Saba grads do end up getting matched somewhere in North America. I am Canadian hoping to apply for Sept '13. I have a decent GPA but for certain reasons it will take me a few years to be able to get into a Canadian Med School. I am graduating with BSC this June.

Basically want to know that if you do work your *** off at Saba, do well on the USMLES, how good of a chance do you have of successfully matching somewhere in Canada/US. Because I've heard that IMG environment is getting really bad as US is accepting less IMGS and same with Canada, is there a significant change from previous years or is this just a scare?

devildoc8404
10-20-2012, 01:05 AM
It's a real change on the horizon, but that doesn't mean that people will not match. Assuming the situation you mention above (excellent academic and USMLE performance), it is possible. SABA has an enviable match rate among foreign schools. However, there are no guarantees. If you want to make absolutely certain, you should attend a US or Canadian medical school.

I'll leave the percentages to the SABA people.

sgMD
10-20-2012, 08:21 AM
right now the rate is 90% but nobody knows what it will be in a few years... you can always consider DO schools...

rokshana
10-20-2012, 07:45 PM
Take the extra years and get into a Canadian school.

Copyright © 2003-2018 ValueMD, LLC. All rights reserved.