PDA

View Full Version : Davenport MBA?

Vestal
10-01-2012, 07:35 PM
Hello all!
I am an incoming student for Spring 2013. I am planning on taking out student loans and I know that the 2 primary financing options are EdInvest or the Davenport MBA.

Could anyone shed a little light on the Davenport MBA? How time consuming are the classes? Also, why are the loans through the Davenport MBA so much better than the EdInvest even with the added expense of the tuition of the MBA classes?
Any input would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks!

robertdeutsch
10-04-2012, 11:23 AM
Hello all!
I am an incoming student for Spring 2013. I am planning on taking out student loans and I know that the 2 primary financing options are EdInvest or the Davenport MBA.

Could anyone shed a little light on the Davenport MBA? How time consuming are the classes? Also, why are the loans through the Davenport MBA so much better than the EdInvest even with the added expense of the tuition of the MBA classes?
Thanks!

I've heard that it's not so much how time consuming the MBA classes are, but how time consuming SABA's classes are. There's another thread that Seattle posted on advising against it unless you MUST. I'm assuming some people use it to supplement the student loans and/or reduce the amount from Ed-Invest that they require.

I had planned on doing it beginning first semester, but since the schedule is already so demanding, I will probably be waiting it out until things ease up. (If I decide to at all) Keep in mind that you want your focus on SABA, because that's what's going to pay off. You WILL be incurring those extra expenses (tuition, etc) in addition to Ed-Invest, so it's worth some consideration.

Sabastudentspouse
10-17-2012, 09:53 AM
Hi Vestal,

How time consuming are the classes?
- It's online classes and you will have papers to write every week + assignments and others stuff online. If you must use Davenport MBA, they give you 8900$ per semester and wave the tuition fees till you can pay them. The Davenport MBA loans is federal so that's why the interest is better.

- For EdInvest, you will have 15 000$ per semester but they take out 1500$ for admin fees.

sabamedicalstudent.blogspot.com

viewview
03-18-2013, 12:47 PM
Davenport MBA classes are not time consuming. A lot of writing though.

belkeno2k3
04-06-2013, 10:49 PM
the coursework here in Saba is very demanding however people are different. If u are already familiar with some of the courses (previous exposure) and if u do work well under pressure, then I guess doing the Davenport program might work for u. But just keep in mind that coursework here is so hectic that some people drop one class just to focus on the other. I'm on ed invest, the Davenport is an absolute impossibility for me now coz I'm trying so hard to meet up with the workload here

Hello all!

Thanks!

mikekole
02-26-2014, 08:32 PM
Hello everyone. I am currently enrolled in Davenport University's MBA program to fund my medical school and was struggling with accounting 510. I found online a very helpful resources for this course that helped me pass the course with a A. if you go on google and search "HomeworkMarket Davenport accounting 510" you will find all the resources available and help for each assignment.

nalah1
04-13-2014, 07:26 PM
Really? I find them VERY time consuming..luckily for me, I got a head start on my math based classes BEFORE I start med school in the fall. They do have some excellent teachers and you should stay in regular contact with them because they can help you succeed. I'm finishing my second class and about to do a third.

Copyright © 2003-2018 ValueMD, LLC. All rights reserved.