PDA

View Full Version : Lawsuit against SMU?

newstudentSMU
10-01-2012, 05:41 PM
For everyone complaining about this school, here's an idea, file a lawsuit! Bring all the issues here, what kind of games are these guys playing, fraud, etc. I just backed out and decided on AMA after talking with a student that got dismissed and SMU really screwed him........what do u got....

newstudentSMU
10-01-2012, 06:03 PM
Okay that was quick, I got a person private messaging me about this. I would suggest you just put your information here in public, I am not serving as some legal expert, though my advice would be to gather all their handbooks from 2000 on, well anything from 2004-2007 b/c that's what anonymous student messaged me. He says you have 2008 and 2011 catalogs available online, you would want any handbooks and catalogs prior to that date as well.....Any one got stuff from then, 2005, 2006, 2007? If so please post it here for anonymousStudent, he really needs it (yeah, thats his ID)....voice complaints and resources here, put up or shut up.....

SMU2013
10-30-2012, 12:53 PM
This is just a post I thought I would share about an ongoing lawsuit against St. Matthew's University in FLORIDA. You can google Kidwai v. St. Matthew's University School of Medicine. You can actually access more information about the case through that link for free. Anyhow, among other issues such as breach of contract, the lawsuit also includes alleged fraud in regards to SMU's USMLE pass rates. A whole lot of other stuff too!!! Anybody hear about this before? Share your thoughts/concersn please!

How many other similar cases are there?

SMU2013
10-30-2012, 12:55 PM
This is just a post I thought I would share about an ongoing lawsuit against St. Matthew's University in FLORIDA. You can google Kidwai v. St. Matthew's University School of Medicine. You can actually access more information about the case through that link for free. Anyhow, among other issues such as breach of contract, the lawsuit also includes alleged fraud in regards to SMU's USMLE pass rates. A whole lot of other stuff too!!! Anybody hear about this before? Share your thoughts/concersn please!

SMU2013
10-30-2012, 12:56 PM

SMU2013
10-30-2012, 12:58 PM

SMU2013
10-30-2012, 12:59 PM

SMU2013
10-30-2012, 01:04 PM

SMU2013
10-30-2012, 01:11 PM

SMU2013
10-30-2012, 01:13 PM
Hello, this is just a post I thought I would share about an ongoing lawsuit against St. Matthew's University in FLORIDA. You can google Kidwai v. St. Matthew's University School of Medicine. You can actually access more information about the case through that link for free. Anyhow, among other issues such as breach of contract, the lawsuit also includes alleged fraud in regards to SMU's USMLE pass rates. A whole lot of other stuff too!!! Anybody hear about this before? Share your thoughts/concersn please!

SMU2013
10-30-2012, 01:15 PM
This is just a post I thought I would share about an ongoing lawsuit against St. Matthew's University in FLORIDA. You can google Kidwai v. St. Matthew's University School of Medicine. You can actually access more information about the case through that link for free. Anyhow, among other issues such as breach of contract, the lawsuit also includes alleged fraud in regards to SMU's USMLE pass rates. A whole lot of other stuff too!!! Anybody hear about this before? Share your thoughts/concerns please!

SMU2013
10-30-2012, 01:17 PM

SMU2013
10-30-2012, 01:21 PM

SMU2013
10-30-2012, 01:25 PM

SMU2013
10-30-2012, 01:28 PM

SMU2013
10-30-2012, 01:29 PM

SMU2013
10-30-2012, 01:30 PM

SMU2013
10-30-2012, 01:33 PM

SMU2013
10-30-2012, 01:34 PM

SMU2013
10-30-2012, 01:35 PM

SMU2013
10-30-2012, 01:37 PM

SMU2013
10-30-2012, 01:38 PM

SMU2013
10-30-2012, 01:39 PM

SMU2013
10-30-2012, 01:40 PM
This is just a post I thought I would share about an ongoing lawsuit against St. Matthew's University in FLORIDA. You can google Kidwai v. St. Matthew's University School of Medicine. You can actually access more information about the case through that link for free. Anyhow, among other issues such as breach of contract, the lawsuit also includes alleged fraud in regards to SMU's USMLE pass rates. A whole lot of other stuff too!!! Anybody hear about this before? Share your thoughts/concerns please!

SMU2013
10-30-2012, 01:42 PM

SMU2013
10-30-2012, 01:43 PM

SMU2013
10-30-2012, 01:44 PM

medic300107
10-30-2012, 10:38 PM
Funny it was already dismissed in June...why did you say it's ongoing?

Kidwai v. St. Matthew's University School of Medicine - Google Scholar (http://scholar.google.com/scholar_case?case=8153122484656122403&q=Kidwai+v.+St.+Matthew%27s+University+School+of+M edicine&hl=en&as_sdt=2,23&as_vis=1)

newstudentSMU
10-30-2012, 10:56 PM
I see you are one of SMU's 'friends' on this website, I was told there were many of you here spreading misinformation. The Lawsuit is in FLORIDA, got moved from Texas on jurisdictional issues. If you were really looking for the truth, like most others that know about this lawsuit, SMU is in deep $&!*. Breach of contract, alleged fraud, etc.....anyone can read for themselves. Perhaps you made an honest mistake ad looked at the old suit in Texas, be warned, this school is getting in messy waters, not that loss of loans, completely laxed admissions weren't enough of a tipoff.........

SMU2013
10-30-2012, 11:06 PM
This is the Florida case against SMU, moved from Texas on jurisdictional issues. Anyone can access this for free, I just did, lawsuit just filed this October in Orlando!?! If you goog Kidwai V. St. Matthew's University, click on the second link or just click below. Use PACER access for case information.

Kidwai v. St. Matthew's University School of Medicine :: Justia Dockets & Filings (http://dockets.justia.com/docket/florida/flmdce/6:2012cv01061/273347/)

SMU2013
10-30-2012, 11:11 PM
Just a correction, filed in July after being moved from Texas in June. Complaint amended and refiled in October. YES THIS IS ONGOING, LAWSUIT IS CURRENT.

SMU2013
10-30-2012, 11:18 PM
BIG CON, you can get in with 1.5 GPA. If people with these GPA's are in your class, I am sorry....That isn't ''awww they are giving everyone a chance,'' it's more like they are knowingly allowing people in that have no business being in medical school!

SMU2013
10-30-2012, 11:22 PM
Okay, so this link ( Kidwai v. St. Matthew's University School of Medicine :: Justia Dockets & Filings (http://dockets.justia.com/docket/florida/flmdce/6:2012cv01061/273347/) ) is what you get if you google Kidwai v. St. Matthew's University (2nd one down, the first link is the lawsuit in Texas that got moved to Florida). It's a LAWSUIT about breach of contract, alleged fraud of USMLE PASS RATES, and a whole lot more...

SMU2013
10-30-2012, 11:29 PM
For latest lawsuits info, google Kidwai v. St. Matthew's University, 2nd link down, the first link is the lawsuit filed in Texas which was moved to Orlando.....

knightstoremember
10-31-2012, 12:33 PM
oh my God, increasing the passing scores does not help students!!!!!! WTH. You have to increase your school standards from within and bring in high caliber students. SMU is bringing in retards, no offense to retards, to study medicine and then saying btw our standards are so high b/c we require high passing scores for the STEPS!!!! What does that do, it fails students out in huge debt! It's reverse logic. Yes, if they increased their admission standards then that would say something. But changing policies while students are already there, not helpful, it's ghetto. IF SMU INCREASES THEIR STANDARD TO 250 for the USMLE, heck that would be even better according to your logic. Man, get some perspective, the school has around a 60% fail out/dropout rate when it is all said and done - POTENTIAL STUDENTS DO YOUR RESEARCH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I promise you, best decision you will get, go elsewhere, I don't know where, but definitely not here!!!

knightstoremember
10-31-2012, 12:37 PM
Dr. Rich,

You are a liar, everything you say is true, but you are a liar.

Regards,

SMU Faculty LOL

knightstoremember
10-31-2012, 12:44 PM
I was just posting on the other thread about the weeding out at this school, I think they are just sucking the last drops of money before this schools folds up and leaves. My buddy is so excited he got in to SMU,and I told him don't go, you will regret it in a few months when you come back in debt and have failed out. He had a 1.95 GPA undergrad at a small college. The only school he could get into was SMU. Why, his parents have CA$H. Those are the standards now, how big is your bank account, your mommy's, daddy's. GPA? Oh we look at the student as a whole, not just GPA and MCATS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! LOL

knightstoremember
10-31-2012, 12:51 PM
Just a thought,

You work for the school, have you ever been fairly critical of the school?

The fact is people CANNOT PRACTICE IN THE UK NOW, who the hell cares if it says Belize or Botswana! The reality is all that matters, and those are the facts, you're such a misinformation specialist! Tell your school to get some freakin loans before you have the audacity to show up here. You fail out 60% our students, and then say oh we give students a chance. AWWWW you're such philanthropists. You're a part of greedy school, who will keep singing this song of we help students as long as you fail out 99 and pass 1. Garbage!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

knightstoremember
10-31-2012, 12:55 PM
the school can't help you with that, obviously,these people are saying go to a bank yourself. What has become of this ''school''

SMU2013
10-31-2012, 01:05 PM
there is that lawsuit that talks about alleged fraud with SMU's USMLE SCORES, among other issues, follow the link

Kidwai v. St. Matthew's University School of Medicine :: Justia Dockets & Filings (http://dockets.justia.com/docket/florida/flmdce/6:2012cv01061/273347/)

Access thru PACER for free

knightstoremember
10-31-2012, 01:12 PM
Don't pickup the phone! Best advice you will get, I promise you. They are just waiting to kick you in the jewels and run with your money.

knightstoremember
10-31-2012, 01:18 PM
Go to other forums for schools, you will notice that SMU is alot more negative. There's good reason, and it isn't random luck. You can say SMU students are pissed off, but shouldn't other schools have the same issue too then. Fact is they don't, not as bad as SMU, not even close. If you can get in somewhere else, go. There are schools with potential, on the up and up. This school was once there, but it bailed on its students and is in downward spiral, no reason to walk into a storm if you ask me.

knightstoremember
10-31-2012, 01:22 PM
This will only skew your assistance in direction of a few students that will give you positive feedback. Ask around, friends, etc of people in the caribbeans, talk to students not associated with SGA, they are much more likelive you honest advice. Just a thought, take your advice from people not affiliated with the school, you think they are trying to get you real information?

knightstoremember
10-31-2012, 01:31 PM
many students fail out second semester, then a great majority cannot pass STEP 1 and that is when a bulk of students 'fail out' These naysayers are not whining - they are in debt and the school's constantly changing the rules and adding new obstacles is atrocious. I know students who failed out bc they cudn't pass STEP 2. Trust me, they have a legitimate gripe. Yes, you will always have success stories. Hell, the holocaust had stories of survivors and people that made it through. It doesn't mean you have good thing going.....Read around, ask around, see if you can access that lawsuit mentioned, I had some trouble with logging in but looks like it highlights these issues.

medic300107
10-31-2012, 04:13 PM
This thread was created for flooding. No constructive arguments are being made or discussed, closed.

Copyright © 2003-2020 ValueMD, LLC. All rights reserved.