PDA

View Full Version : Easy Dish Ideas? I have one!

JewishDr'sWife
09-07-2004, 10:26 AM
It has been a real annoyance to deal with an oven the size of a lunch box to make anything we used to make at home. I'm having trouble finding new things to make that does not involve pork or goat parts :shock:

I did however find a really easy sauce that goes great with chicken or salmon and wanted to see if any spouces/SO's have any of their own to share so that those of us who came to the island can try new things that remind us of home.

This is enough for two people and is easy to make for more:

2 Tablespoons maple syrup (not that log cabin crap - the real stuff)
2 Tablespoons soy sauce
1 Tablespoon ground mustard (they sell this at the store with the other mustard - I tried regular mustard and it didn't work)

take tin foil and line a toaster oven size pan, leaving enough tinfoil to cover over the top. mix everything in a little bowl. Put chicken or salmon in the pan that is lined and pour entire mix over chicken/salmon. Cover with remaining foil and bake until cooked through ( we can't control our oven temp so I really can't say how long)

goes really nice with risotto.

does anyone else have ideas of things to cook with the lunch box oven?

Liss
10-17-2004, 12:52 PM
i also found it hard to figure out what to cook down here, but luckily, i've managed and am able to make tons of stuff. this is my favorite....

4 chicken breasts
12-16oz cream of chicken soup(if your in Dominica, you can get this at the bookstore)
4 slices swiss cheese
1 box stuffing
2 tablespoons melted butter

Place thawed chicken in dish and place one slice of cheese over each piece of chicken.
Pour soup over chicken.
Pour uncooked stuffing over chicken, and then drizzle melted butter over it.

Place in oven at about 400degrees for around 30-35minutes.
Tastes SOOO yummy.....

Copyright © 2003-2018 ValueMD, LLC. All rights reserved.