PDA

View Full Version : In need of a medical school

Deliag
09-17-2012, 11:13 AM
Hi everyone,

I am an Italian student who has attended her last year of high school in Toronto, Canada. Once in Italy I figured out that I did not have to finish my Italian high school because my Canadian diploma could be used in Europe too. So I started to look for some medical schools all over Europe but most of their application due dates were in July or August. It is September now and unfortunately I am still looking for a university to go to. Does anyone know any university that is still available in offering a spot?

Hope you can give me more information because i dont wanna lose this year. I'm sure you know more then me, and I thank you for your help.

devildoc8404
09-18-2012, 09:34 AM
I am aware of two medical school programs that offer a mid-year start date. One is Lublin, Poland, and the other is Pleven, Bulgaria.

Neither one would be considered a top-tier program, but Lublin offers both an EU diploma and 50-state US approval. Pleven offers only an EU diploma, with 40-state approval in the US. With that in mind, it would largely depend on where you want to eventually practice, and whether you want to attend medical school in Lublin or Pleven.

If you are a competitive student, I would suggest that waiting and applying to the best programs possible would be far better than settling with whatever is available just to get started. If you are a borderline student, or don't care about the institutions that will adorn your future CV, or you have no other options, then I suppose it doesn't matter too much one way or the other.

minaretltd.com
09-23-2012, 12:39 PM
hi, you can visit the website of a student agency located in europe, called minaret, they have contracts with europian universities that teach medicine in english and other langueges,they do have an accredited medicine university they can get you in on the spot, you have till 5-10 ,i am sure this can be very helpful, the website is :: Minaret Student Agency | studying abroad :: (http://www.minaretltd.com) or you can directly contact a mr tawfiq alkayyali on 00421917504161

Copyright © 2003-2018 ValueMD, LLC. All rights reserved.