PDA

View Full Version : University of Debrecen (Fall 2012)

djay
08-23-2012, 10:30 PM
Szia!

I'm Djay. You know? I just tot should start a thread for Fall 2012, since every other year (since 2011) have had theirs...lol! I've heard a lot of stories from people in University of Debrecen; i almost came to a conclusion that its a hell hole, but i have to see for myself first. Unfortunately, i wouldn't arrive school early enough to meet orientation (visa issues), so i was hoping to just meet someone in this forum that might just fill me in on what will go down and more.

If you could be that 'someone', e-mail me: lucviy at yahoo dot com (replace 'at' with '@' pls. No space. dot = '.')

Dulgar, how was the orientation last year? Would it be disastrous if i missed it? :(

djay
08-23-2012, 10:49 PM
Is hungarian a memorize-and-pour language? Is there any concept like 'conjugation of verbs' or 'use of articles: the' and pronouns? cuz those make it a lot less difficult :(. someone pls help me out!

the_red_devil
08-25-2012, 12:51 AM
Several people (including me) missed the orientation last year. It's not a big deal to be honest. You won't understand most of it anyways since they speak in Hungarian most of the time.
Hungarian is manageable if you just pay attention during the class. It can be bloody confusing at times though. Some people find it hard, some not so much.

djay
08-31-2012, 01:38 PM
oh...i'm in school now. I'd start the crashcourse on Monday. The problem i'ing right now is adjusting my stomach to the food served here. Way different from what's served in my beloved Africa! I'm sure you are not hungarian. How did you cope wth tha food and all?

the_red_devil
08-31-2012, 03:16 PM
The food is one of the biggest problems that students face here. Go to Tesco/Cora/Interspar. You may find something suitable to your taste in these markets. And get used to eating whatever you can find here 'cause there isn't really much choice. Ask the seniors for pointers. They'll be able to guide you properly until you get settled in here.

djay
09-02-2012, 03:54 AM
been to TESCO. Just junk.....anyways, the shop's really big! I like am...by the time i was done, my waist pained me like i was 70 already... do you know if TESCO opens sundays??

the_red_devil
09-02-2012, 10:10 AM
Haha if you think Tesco is big you should try Cora next time. Its the biggest market in this city. Tesco is open 24x7. That's the best thing about it.

djay
09-02-2012, 05:00 PM
Which of them markets offers the more affordable prices for commodities? and best for clothes too? what do you think about Vodafone?

the_red_devil
09-02-2012, 05:36 PM
Cora is the cheapest market but even Tesco isn't that bad. The only problem with Cora is that its a bit far but there are buses running every hour for Cora. I don't really know much about Vodafone since I used Telenor last year but then again I'm not a big user of my cell phone :p Most people here tend to use T-mobile or Telenor more than Vodafone though.

djay
09-03-2012, 12:54 PM
running every hour?? from where? School area? i.e Morics Zsigmond?

somewhere on the forum, you said something like some groups have classes till night? Can you explain how this might happen?....who calls for these classes?

djay
09-09-2012, 01:59 PM
lol....in due time, huh? now i dig...just wanna tell YR 1 studs that the timetable is out and i'm just gonna attach it here for u guys to download. Hope te timetable suits your schedule...:)

djay
09-09-2012, 02:00 PM
Cora is the cheapest market but even Tesco isn't that bad. The only problem with Cora is that its a bit far but there are buses running every hour for Cora. I don't really know much about Vodafone since I used Telenor last year but then again I'm not a big user of my cell phone :p Most people here tend to use T-mobile or Telenor more than Vodafone though.

ummm...thanks for your help!

djay
09-09-2012, 02:02 PM
The timetable...

Copyright © 2003-2018 ValueMD, LLC. All rights reserved.