PDA

View Full Version : Bluebook Rotations

JE355804
08-14-2012, 02:18 PM
I am wondering if anyone knows the consequences of doing a bluebook rotation in terms of residency?

For instance we have the option of doing IM and Surg in DeKalb medical center in Atlanta? These are "bluebook" or "non-ACGME" rotations. Does anyone know if people have had issues with getting a residency after completing these types of rotations?

I am hearing that it only affects licensure, however I am having a tough time believing this? Any comments, or personal experience would be greatly appreciated!

I have contacted medical boards from all around the country... while most have not responded, the ones that have, have either

A. Not answered the question, because they obviously didn't understand what I was asking.

or

B. Told me that they have no policy on this and that it is up to the individual residency programs.

Does anyone know anything specific about how residency programs view bluebook core rotations?

Evereadyclassic
08-16-2012, 06:08 AM
I am wondering if anyone knows the consequences of doing a bluebook rotation in terms of residency?

For instance we have the option of doing IM and Surg in DeKalb medical center in Atlanta? These are "bluebook" or "non-ACGME" rotations. Does anyone know if people have had issues with getting a residency after completing these types of rotations?

I am hearing that it only affects licensure, however I am having a tough time believing this? Any comments, or personal experience would be greatly appreciated!

I have contacted medical boards from all around the country... while most have not responded, the ones that have, have either

A. Not answered the question, because they obviously didn't understand what I was asking.

or

B. Told me that they have no policy on this and that it is up to the individual residency programs.

Does anyone know anything specific about how residency programs view bluebook core rotations?

If you have a question about what residency programs care about, you should ask them. State medical boards are not really the most direct or appropriate source. Neither is this forum. Here you'll get anecdotal advice at best.

That said, you can't be a resident without a medical license. If you're going for a residency in a state that wants all greenbook or certain rotations to be greenbook, then that's what you need.

Copyright © 2003-2018 ValueMD, LLC. All rights reserved.