PDA

View Full Version : Join SMU

sheong
07-28-2012, 03:53 PM
Anyone interested in getting a degree in medicine, unhappy with their current school, or just afraid of making the leap into a new school, should come to St. Martinus. I moved here in september, and Im so glad I did.

I was worried about moving to a new shcool, but now I feel those worries were unfounded.
This school is taking off, in the last three months things have really started changing and with more students this place will only get better.
If anyone has any questions and would like a student who is currently studying here to answer, I am more then happy to help out.

DogChairTreePurple
07-28-2012, 04:40 PM
Anyone interested in getting a degree in medicine, unhappy with their current school, or just afraid of making the leap into a new school, should come to St. Martinus. I moved here in september, and Im so glad I did.

I was worried about moving to a new shcool, but now I feel those worries were unfounded.
This school is taking off, in the last three months things have really started changing and with more students this place will only get better.
If anyone has any questions and would like a student who is currently studying here to answer, I am more then happy to help out.

Yes I have a question. Why is it that so many disatisfied students have transferred out of St. Martinus and why hasnt St. Martinus done more to help students with their problems such as Usmle step scores, preclinical grades, student loans?

Also.... can you please comment about the multiple school closings this school has??

dhs1041
08-30-2012, 09:03 AM
hi i am new to this forum .i am Indian and have completed my 12th standard in science stream with bio,chemistry,physics in 2012 i want to study medicine in Caribbean cuz i want to practice in usa but i was advised by my friend who was us citizen and had studied medicine in caribbean that it would be though for you to study medicine in caribbean straight after 12th cuz most of student have completed pre med's before entering into md,so i want to know that will it be tough for me to study md directly cuz in india there is nothing like pre med,so shlould i go for pre med or directly for md pls or should go for mbbs in india but important thing is i want to practice in us and also advise me some good medical college in caribbean.also i am 18 yrs old so i was also told that most of student are of 23 or 25 yrs old so is this true cuz there would be huge age difference .pls reply fast i want to join from this year an is there any other option other than caribbean islands so that i could practice in usa?

MSKNY
09-01-2012, 06:31 PM
To all the Morons posting craps about St. Martinus University, here is something. The school is legit and yes they do have clinicals and residency programs in the U.S. Here is a list of hospitals that have resident Doctors who graduated from St. Marinus and yes the list is legit. You can google it and even get the name of the Doctors that came out the small and legit university called St. Martinus University, Faculty of Medicine.
Moses H. Cone Memorial Hospital @ NC
Metrohealth @Ohio
University of Maryland Medical Center @ the name says itself. For the morons who wouldn't know, its at Maryland
McClaren @ Michigan
SIU school of Medicine @Illinois
The morons who post lies and craps about St. Martinus university are as follows:
are the ones not built tough enough to make it as a MD
are the ones not smart enough to finish even Pre-Med
are the ones who couldn't pay off their loans to SMU
are the ones who have no lives, also know as total losers
By the way, I am not a student or an employee of SMU. I am just tired of all these postings that are lies just to confuse someone and discourage their dreams motivation. People tend to find excuses and blame others because of their failure. Just know it will not make you feel better it just shows how spiteful you are and full of hate.

MSKNY
09-02-2012, 11:14 AM
why don't you do pre-med and then go into MD program. There is a 1 year pre-med program at St. Martinus with 3 semesters. My cousin is in it. It will prepare you for the MD program and will be a smooth transition

MSKNY
09-02-2012, 11:30 AM
hi i am new to this forum .i am Indian and have completed my 12th standard in science stream with bio,chemistry,physics in 2012 i want to study medicine in Caribbean cuz i want to practice in usa but i was advised by my friend who was us citizen and had studied medicine in caribbean that it would be though for you to study medicine in caribbean straight after 12th cuz most of student have completed pre med's before entering into md,so i want to know that will it be tough for me to study md directly cuz in india there is nothing like pre med,so shlould i go for pre med or directly for md pls or should go for mbbs in india but important thing is i want to practice in us and also advise me some good medical college in caribbean.also i am 18 yrs old so i was also told that most of student are of 23 or 25 yrs old so is this true cuz there would be huge age difference .pls reply fast i want to join from this year an is there any other option other than caribbean islands so that i could practice in usa?

why don't you do pre-med and then go into MD program. There is a 1 year pre-med program at St. Martinus with 3 semesters. My cousin is in it. It will prepare you for the MD program and will be a smooth transition

medic300107
09-02-2012, 04:44 PM

many states will not allow licensure without at least 3 yrs (90) credits of undergraduate education. The bigger caribbean schools also will not accept you without this as well. As a note Caribbean schools to go into the US may not be a viable option in the near future as the US is continuing to substantially increase enrollment without increased residency slots. This meanw a non us citizen training at a foreign medical school will usually be bottom pick for those programs that even offer visas. Do lots of research before jumping into this please.

montillo dante
10-22-2012, 02:12 PM
many states will not allow licensure without at least 3 yrs (90) credits of undergraduate education. The bigger caribbean schools also will not accept you without this as well. As a note Caribbean schools to go into the US may not be a viable option in the near future as the US is continuing to substantially increase enrollment without increased residency slots. This meanw a non us citizen training at a foreign medical school will usually be bottom pick for those programs that even offer visas. Do lots of research before jumping into this please.

The bottom line is, to be on the safe side of the scrutiny, any college graduate who wants to enter medical school should and must successfully pass the 8 core science courses (i.e. 1 year of General Chem, 1 year of Organic Chem (or Biochem), Physics which can either be 1 year or one semester provided Physics 101 is done and Calculus is also done, 1 year Biology.)

There is no short cut when it comes to practicing in the U.S. or Canada. On another thought, I don't believe in bottom picks(for Carribean Med Students) as far as residency goes. I have known of a few students who have gotten their undergraduate medical degrees (myself included with a degree in Medical Technology/Clinical Laboratory Science and I was working as an industrial microbiologist for 8 years in the U.S. before I decided to enter a medical school here in the Carribean) from a foreign country and graduated from Carribean medical schools outside of the big 4 and these guys are chief residents in well known hospitals back in the U.S.
I am looking forward to preparing myself to getting a high USMLE Step 1 score since one of the recent alumni of my current medical school got 262 and another 259...those are really brilliant scores.

Medicine is all about conscientious dedication and hard work as well as preferential clinical training; and add to that a brain that is able to memorize very well and analyze clinical correlations with precision if not accuracy to save a life or to prolong life expectancy.

MSKNY
10-22-2012, 05:25 PM
The bottom line is, to be on the safe side of the scrutiny, any college graduate who wants to enter medical school should and must successfully pass the 8 core science courses (i.e. 1 year of General Chem, 1 year of Organic Chem (or Biochem), Physics which can either be 1 year or one semester provided Physics 101 is done and Calculus is also done, 1 year Biology.)

There is no short cut when it comes to practicing in the U.S. or Canada. On another thought, I don't believe in bottom picks(for Carribean Med Students) as far as residency goes. I have known of a few students who have gotten their undergraduate medical degrees (myself included with a degree in Medical Technology/Clinical Laboratory Science and I was working as an industrial microbiologist for 8 years in the U.S. before I decided to enter a medical school here in the Carribean) from a foreign country and graduated from Carribean medical schools outside of the big 4 and these guys are chief residents in well known hospitals back in the U.S.
I am looking forward to preparing myself to getting a high USMLE Step 1 score since one of the recent alumni of my current medical school got 262 and another 259...those are really brilliant scores.

Medicine is all about conscientious dedication and hard work as well as preferential clinical training; and add to that a brain that is able to memorize very well and analyze clinical correlations with precision if not accuracy to save a life or to prolong life expectancy.

Good luck on your USMLE

David088
12-03-2012, 09:01 AM
I heard that they have very hard ruls in there? My cousin live in CA and she choosed this institute first to admission but when she heard about the school and got some reviews from other who experienced in the field they told her to choose some school or college in CA. Because its St. Martin Madical school have very hard rules and also they have sole ristrictions. Anyhow now she joined the Canadian Royal College and she is happy here.

bowel movements remedies (http://www.happybowelmovements.com/)

MSKNY
12-03-2012, 04:50 PM
It's a Med School and you want them to be hard for your own sake. Every exams are USMLE style and they are timed accordingly. So the exams will close automatically whether you finished or not. Its a little nerve wrecking on your first block exam and then you will get the hang of it. The teachers are the best. They are so patient with the students and always willing to go the extra mile to help the students. So that makes up for something that you are not satisfied with

Copyright © 2003-2018 ValueMD, LLC. All rights reserved.