PDA

View Full Version : gdank university premed books

nmasango
07-13-2012, 08:14 PM
Hello,

I just applied to the premed program and I was wondering what books are used for pre-med course. Secondly, is there housing provided if you are doing the premed course? I want to retake the sciences as I graduated a while back so I intend to get a refresher. How would you rate the courses? Could someone plz provide me some information on everything. I would greatly appreciate it

Regards!

kathleenmurphyib
07-14-2012, 11:30 PM
Hey! I'm going into premed course too! I don't know about the books, although another guy I talked to said that for some courses they use the same books as the Year I's in the MD programme. Look him up as Trisha123, he replied on two of my threads and gave me a ton of info about the course since he went through it too. I'll ask him about it :P I'll PM you soon.

nmasango
07-18-2012, 02:59 AM
Thank you very much as well. Any Idea on how the premedical courses are? Also I was interested on information on housing what are prices or if you can be in the dorms.

kathleenmurphyib
07-18-2012, 03:43 AM
What was told to me was if you put the work into it, you'll do fine, and while you can get good grades throughout the year from working hard, it doesn't mean that its easy. The course is supposed to compress two years of sciences classes into seven months, and it will go by incredibly quickly. Professors were said to be charismatic, but I don't believe they're going to coddle you like in high school.

Concerning dorms. I'm not sure if I can necessarily help you out with that since I am choosing to live off of campus. If there are dorms available for premed students, then the university will of course accommodate you. If not, then the university has an affiliation with SimpleRent for international students. Prices range anywhere from 600PLN to whatever depending on how willing you are to pay, if you want to share a flat etc. Talk to the school about it, they're really helpful, and so is simple rent.

Walentin
08-01-2012, 10:28 AM
Thanks for sharing....

I have also applied for premedical in Gdansk 2012. Have you guys got the acceptance letter yet?

Best regard Walentin

kathleenmurphyib
08-03-2012, 04:01 AM
I received an acceptance this morning. See you guys in November!!

nmasango
08-04-2012, 12:07 PM
Hello,

I also received acceptance for the program. Now another challenge to get through. See you in november. Cheers!

csolohub
08-13-2012, 02:08 PM
omg thank GOD i found some people who have been accepted to the pre med program! where is everyone from?

csolohub
08-13-2012, 02:11 PM
oh and by the way the books are included and will be given to you at the beginning of the semester so you dont have to worry

kathleenmurphyib
08-13-2012, 02:58 PM
Hey!!! More peeps! I'm Kathleen. I'm Cuban-American but coming in from China. I'm super excited about starting up premed! Does anyone know how many were accepted? Last year there were 14. Don't know if there are more :/ Anyways, we should start a fb group. Find me here: https://www.facebook.com/kathleen.murphy.1420

See you then! Cheers!

csolohub
08-13-2012, 03:40 PM
Hi Kathleen! My first premed friend <3 I'm polish but coming in from Connecticut and I'm sososo excited too! I'm not sure how many were accepted but I spoke to the premed "advisor" and he said there are only 3 groups? Idk what that means but Im guessing maybe 30 40 people.. I'll add you on fb. Do you know anything else about the program? I got a letter in the mail today but it didn't even tell me where I should send my payment, so I think I'm just gonna stop by the school.

kathleenmurphyib
08-13-2012, 04:01 PM
I'm wiring the money from my bank soon. The info is available via lehrermed as far as I know. I actually don't know that much concerning your other questions:P I got a lot of help from a now medical student who was in premed before, but it was mostly over the course and what they expect of you. It'll be interesting to see how they grade you. Are you living in dorms or living out of campus?

Alojan
09-06-2012, 08:45 AM
we start in oct not november .. thats what i got in my letter

kathleenmurphyib
09-06-2012, 08:52 AM
Our letters said we start November 5. Are you in the 6 yr. MD course or the premed?

Alojan
09-06-2012, 09:02 AM
IM in the premed

Copyright © 2003-2020 ValueMD, LLC. All rights reserved.