PDA

View Full Version : Cost of books

milskad
07-07-2012, 06:03 AM
Hey everyone!

I will be going to Szeged in around two months time to start my first year of medical studies. I was wondering how much the books for a first year student cost there. Could someone please tell me the cost? Preferably in HUF. Thanks

MTajvidi
07-19-2012, 08:05 AM
Hello,

There will be a book selling day at the beginning of the semester which will be held by 2nd/3rd students , I believe you can find cheap used books and textbooks there.
But if you want to buy your books from the book shops (e.g. Medicina), you're gonna have to spend a sh#tload of money on that :)

Here are some of the required books + prices:

General Anatomy and Musculoskeletal System (****** Atlas of Anatomy) - 16,500 HUF
Neck and Internal Organs (****** Atlas of Anatomy) - ~20,000 HUF
or
Sobotta - Atlas of Human Anatomy - ~30,000HUF

Basic Histology: Text & Atlas - 4,500 HUF

General Chemistry Eighth Edition by Darrell Ebbing and Steven D. Gammon - 23,000 HUF

Essential Cell Biology - 25,000 HUF
or Life: The Science of Biology - I'm not sure about the price, but it's over 15,000 for sure

Good luck

*****= T-H-I-E-M-E

FunnyHyena
07-19-2012, 09:34 AM
you dont need to hurry to buy the books though. i would say only anatomy books are necessary at first. tbh i think you dont need any other books at all. you can study biology and physics from the lecture material. and there are some really good chemistry notes going around made specifically for the exams

Copyright © 2003-2018 ValueMD, LLC. All rights reserved.