PDA

View Full Version : The Almighty Dentist was fired

Dr Rich
07-06-2012, 11:36 PM
I can picture everybody on the rock partying in joy! :rolleyes:

Doc Oc1
07-12-2012, 03:59 PM
haha im pretty sure most of us that left SMU is glad to see this happen as well any more deets on the situation down there?

model1988
07-12-2012, 08:05 PM
I can picture everybody on the rock partying in joy! :rolleyes:

He was not fired! And, no people are not happy to see him go b/c he was a great Professor and a great Dean. It's clear that the people who are rejoicing to the thought that he was fired are happy b/c they were dismissed from the school. But, sorry to burst your bubble but that rumor is not true. It was his decision to leave for personal reasons.

Window Colour
07-13-2012, 05:36 AM
Sad to see he left, he was a really good pharm professor.

And I do not like to rant on Dr. D so many times, but the school said he also "left for personal reasons" and was not fired. I tend not to believe such things.

forced
07-13-2012, 01:50 PM
His wife (Dr. UR) who is an alumni of SMU, got a residency in US. DR.SR got a job offer in US and he is joining his wife here.This is the reason why he is leaving.
He was an excellent Pharm professor.
As a dean he was not that great but not as bad as people say he was.

I am happy for him that he finally gets to stay with his wife and kids together. Welcome to US Dr. SR.

Dr Rich
07-13-2012, 09:42 PM
haha im pretty sure most of us that left SMU is glad to see this happen as well any more deets on the situation down there?

The rumors of corruption were proven right, the dentist was leaking shelf questions in his reviews and with mails he used to send to students, some guys forwarded those mails to the NBME... so they allowed him to "resign for professional reasons" ASAP. The posters praising him should be the wife again... and the job he got in the US could be in a Pharm museum as his teaching was always outdated :rolleyes:

Future MD | DM erutuF
07-13-2012, 11:21 PM
Dude - lay off it already. Just move forward and get through school, pass your steps, graduate, get a residency and move on. It's fairly easy to get a prelim spot or a rural FM spot if you at least pass the first two Step exams and graduate. Or, you can always go PA school if your career is screwed because of this guy. You'll be close enough to medicine, AND you get to wear that white coat! Patients never know the difference.

Window Colour
07-14-2012, 10:10 AM
His wife (Dr. UR) who is an alumni of SMU, got a residency in US. DR.SR got a job offer in US and he is joining his wife here.This is the reason why he is leaving.
He was an excellent Pharm professor.
As a dean he was not that great but not as bad as people say he was.

I am happy for him that he finally gets to stay with his wife and kids together. Welcome to US Dr. SR.

His wife left for clinicals last year around spring how could she have gotten a residency spot so soon?

forced
07-14-2012, 11:38 PM
His wife left for clinicals last year around spring how could she have gotten a residency spot so soon?

Well...again Mr.Window Colour check your sources.
haha..you should try not to believe all the wrong information you hear from someone OR maybe you have a very good imagination and makeup things in your mind.
How is your STEP 1 preparation going in your new school? Which school are you attending now?
Have you managed to pass Pathology in your new school?
Good luck with your studies.

Window Colour
07-15-2012, 01:12 PM
Hello Forced, I was expecting a reply from the other thread but I guess you just like to start arguing me and not being able to keep it up.

You should check your sources too before asking for my own. I know that because she was tutoring someone on the island before she left if you were wondering why. And I was studying at the island too when this was happening.
Likewise, you shouldn't believe one source but many. I am an artist and pianist in my free time so I have plenty of imagination if you are asking, other than that...similar to you I'm guessing.

I haven't taken step, as I am not going to a carribean medical school, it starts in september/october. So can't answer the other questions.

Thank you, goodluck on your clinicals.

In other news there's a job posting for the Associate Dean of Basic Science at St Matthew's University if anyone is interested:

Associate Dean of Basic Sciences - HigherEdJobs (http://www.higheredjobs.com/admin/details.cfm?JobCode=175648058&Title=Associate%20Dean%20of%20Basic%20Sciences)

Update:
Another job posting has appeared, for the Dean of Clinical Science:

http://chronicle.com/jobs/0000740802-01

Dr Rich
07-15-2012, 10:18 PM
The dentist was a mediocre instructor, terrible dean, racist and corrupt, and was made dean by shady "Dr." S, the so called neuro professor who was even more racist, mediocre and corrupt, and was also fired a couple of years ago. Notice how his groupies get all upset, he has a lot of fans who loved to get these free shelf questions and other goodies because without they they wouldn't pass his course :rolleyes:

forced
07-16-2012, 01:18 AM
"Hello Forced, I was expecting a reply from the other thread but I guess you just like to start arguing me and not being able to keep it up."

Sorry window colour your arguments are so intelligent and your sources so accurate..(lmbo) and your grammar ....lol what can I say.. .... i am just not able to keep up with you...

"I haven't taken step, as I am not going to a carribean medical school, it starts in september/october. So can't answer the other questions. "

I guess you retook Path2 in SMU....I hope you made it through in your other school....and yes.. I was in Path 2 in Dec 2011. So, you were in Path 2 in Aug - Dec 2011 and again in Jan - April 2012. Hopefully ..you will one day...get through STEP 1.

Thank you for your wishes. And hopefully it won't be "on my clinical rotations" rather "in my clinical rotations" .....hahah..Sorry could not resist it..
Good luck to you too.

forced
07-16-2012, 01:25 AM
The dentist was a mediocre instructor, terrible dean, racist and corrupt, and was made dean by shady "Dr." S, the so called neuro professor who was even more racist, mediocre and corrupt, and was also fired a couple of years ago. Notice how his groupies get all upset, he has a lot of fans who loved to get these free shelf questions and other goodies because without they they wouldn't pass his course :rolleyes:

hahahah what can I say...Dr.Rich... everything to you is a conspiracy...any legitimate student of SMU...is a groupie to you.
Dr.Rich ..move on in your life....
Are you still in medical school? or have you pretty much exhausted all chances of becoming a doctor?
Have you even passed STEP 1 yet? after so many years.

Window Colour
07-16-2012, 10:15 AM
"Hello Forced, I was expecting a reply from the other thread but I guess you just like to start arguing me and not being able to keep it up."

Sorry window colour your arguments are so intelligent and your sources so accurate..(lmbo) and your grammar ....lol what can I say.. .... i am just not able to keep up with you...

"I haven't taken step, as I am not going to a carribean medical school, it starts in september/october. So can't answer the other questions. "

I guess you retook Path2 in SMU....I hope you made it through in your other school....and yes.. I was in Path 2 in Dec 2011. So, you were in Path 2 in Aug - Dec 2011 and again in Jan - April 2012. Hopefully ..you will one day...get through STEP 1.

Thank you for your wishes. And hopefully it won't be "on my clinical rotations" rather "in my clinical rotations" .....hahah..Sorry could not resist it..
Good luck to you too.

English has never been my strong subject, I admit that, it's my second language. But at least I don't edit my posts often, it's rather...amusing to see a posts commenting on someone grammer after seeing it was edited. Of course I have no idea what you changed, could have been addding another point.

Yes I had to retake path 2 as I was taking it the first time back in April 2011 when the GMC disapproved them. I failed all my classes because of that.

forced
07-16-2012, 04:43 PM
Yes I had to retake path 2 as I was taking it the first time back in April 2011 when the GMC disapproved them. I failed all my classes because of that.

Well...all I hear are reasons for failing a course.
Most of our class had no problem passing the courses during the exact timeline.
Like I said...grow up ..take responsibility... see why you are failing ..work on it.
IF you are actually in some medical school right now...please focus..and pass the courses first.

well...it was nice talking back and forth with you. I am done :)
Good Luck

Window Colour
07-16-2012, 07:39 PM
Are most of the class from England? How would you have reacted if America were to disapprove SMU? Not just a state, but the entire country.

I too am very tired of talking like this, I prefer arguing with them face to face.

Dr Rich
07-17-2012, 10:21 PM
hahahah what can I say...Dr.Rich... everything to you is a conspiracy...any legitimate student of SMU...is a groupie to you.
Dr.Rich ..move on in your life....
Are you still in medical school? or have you pretty much exhausted all chances of becoming a doctor?
Have you even passed STEP 1 yet? after so many years.

I moved on quite a while and now I'm in residency, after transferring out of that school. "Oh really, I don't believe you, you surely failed the Step and are now trying to get even, hahahaha, hahahahah, hahahahaha," Forced will answer. And then the usual "Is not! Is too! Is not! Is too! " will follow. So why don't you drop your attempt to distract the attention from the firing of the mediocre dentist and allow other posters to express what they think? :rolleyes:

Window Colour
07-17-2012, 11:26 PM
I moved on quite a while and now I'm in residency, after transferring out of that school. "Oh really, I don't believe you, you surely failed the Step and are now trying to get even, hahahaha, hahahahah, hahahahaha," Forced will answer. And then the usual "Is not! Is too! Is not! Is too! " will follow. So why don't you drop your attempt to distract the attention from the firing of the mediocre dentist and allow other posters to express what they think? :rolleyes:

Clearly forced doesn't believe in me when I said I transferred, I would probably have to show a confirmation letter to prove it (I don't have a scanner so don't ask for it, and if I did I am not going to).
Although our little arguement is over, there were a few things I wanted to settle with him/her. Mainly why he/she doesn't talk back to all the points I say like I do to his/her, I didn't want that to sound rude but I couldn't think of any other way of saying it. And just do the annoying act of emphasising certain points while being incrediably stubborn, to me it's no worse than the people here who are extreme anti-smu.

forced
07-17-2012, 11:49 PM
Good for you if you got into a residency Dr.Rich. Congrats.

newstudentSMU
09-30-2012, 09:09 PM
Is the almighty dentist the Dean of Basic Sciences, or should I say former Dean? His wife was a student at SMU???? My bro says she use to teach at SMU - Physiology. WTH!

Dr Rich
10-20-2012, 01:03 AM
Is the almighty dentist the Dean of Basic Sciences, or should I say former Dean? His wife was a student at SMU???? My bro says she use to teach at SMU - Physiology. WTH!

It's almost impossible to follow all the threads of corruption in which the dentist, Dr. SK is involved. This full-time con artist was the puppet of that Dr. S I mentioned, and who appointed his wife as Physio faculty... find in other of my post the link to an article in which she appears as Physio faculty, while she started her medical studies in 2009 or 2010. And the Orlando office knew and supported this :rolleyes:

Copyright © 2003-2018 ValueMD, LLC. All rights reserved.