PDA

View Full Version : Just Applied! What are my chances?

kathleenmurphyib
06-20-2012, 02:47 AM
Hey everyone! Thank you so much for everyone who has helped me on this site. Yesterday I DHLed my applications to MUG for the premedical course. The one problem (as living in China is a bit irritating) was that I wasn't able to notarise my passport. I won't be able to do that until I get back to the States next week. Will this affect my admission chances?

With premedical course, is it open admission for those entering into a medical field? I'm a bit stressed out since my school has been lacking strong science courses so I want to take this course just to solidify or enhance what I know and understand. So what is MUG premed looking for? I have A's and B's in Bio and Chem. Please let me know! I"m so nervous!

duzzy
06-21-2012, 10:16 AM
Hey everyone! Thank you so much for everyone who has helped me on this site. Yesterday I DHLed my applications to MUG for the premedical course. The one problem (as living in China is a bit irritating) was that I wasn't able to notarise my passport. I won't be able to do that until I get back to the States next week. Will this affect my admission chances?

With premedical course, is it open admission for those entering into a medical field? I'm a bit stressed out since my school has been lacking strong science courses so I want to take this course just to solidify or enhance what I know and understand. So what is MUG premed looking for? I have A's and B's in Bio and Chem. Please let me know! I"m so nervous!

Are you applying as a Chinese or US student? As in, what passport are you using?

kathleenmurphyib
06-22-2012, 06:35 AM
I am an American citizen. Instructions were to apply directly to the University. Nevertheless, because I am living in China, I was unable to get my passport notarised until I can reach the US (in about a week).

Trisha123
06-25-2012, 11:30 AM
I can't say much about your application concerning your passport but the admission office is mostly looking for good grades overall as some people who apply for the course haven't taken any core sciences at all. So if you have good high school grades you have a good chance. I would also suggest calling the admission office and discussing the issue with not having your passport notarized.

And though the premedical course might possibly make it easier (depending on your strengths in Bio and Chem) on getting accepted it's not definite. If you already have the knowledge I would suggest writing the entrance exam because after the seven months of premed, the university expects you to know more than your average high school applicant. This will definitely become apparent in the interview where they go beyond asking you simple anatomical questions as they'll dive into questions concerning histology and physiology. The scary thing is they also tailored our oral exam to our weaknesses in anatomy as we had taken our anatomy & physiology finals the week before. Everyone got asked exactly what we did not want to be asked. For me it was some nasty elements of the endocrine system.

And unless you are weak in your high school biology/ chemistry those won't be very beneficial subjects for you but the other subjects modeled on aspects of the M.D programme definitely will. And though not everyone got accepted for the full M.D programme, the people who really put in the work did. And those who chose to go to different Medical schools in Poland got accepted with their premed credits.

kathleenmurphyib
06-26-2012, 02:24 AM
Hey! Thanks for your reply, you've helped a lot! I'm guessing you might have been a premed student, so if there's anything I need to know, anything that's worthwhile about the course itself, then please PM me. You've already helped me more than you can imagine!

Copyright © 2003-2018 ValueMD, LLC. All rights reserved.