PDA

View Full Version : Make this a better school

guilder2012
06-20-2012, 02:47 AM
I have been here for a year as a student.
We have one of the best education programs amongst all the schools.
We do very little to keep students happy. Now I see that education is top notch. I would like to see all information available on the college portal.
I suggest to have schedule, class outline , syllabus and book list available on Sakai.
Having grades as well as any announcements on Sakai will resolve most of the problems.

bosek
06-22-2012, 04:07 AM
I agree. I am not sure why don't the admin force professors to use sakai. It will simplify lot of things.

Jibo09
06-25-2012, 04:42 PM
Hello,
I'm looking into applying to carib schools, I find St martnus attractive especially the bisemester programme the school has. I noticed you were a student at the time of your post, are you still a student there? Pls. can you give me an insider perspestive about the school. I need information about the curriculum, teachers, clinicals, tuition and cost of living in Curacoa, the institution loan, and overall quality of the school. I looked at other schools but I'm more interested in St Martinus. I know going throught this route is not easy but it can be done with hard work. A lot of negatives on the thread about the school, but I uderstand I cannot expect everything to be perfect from a school in the carib. Being from a third world country, I have a firsthand experience.
Thank you,
jibo

mdcur
06-27-2012, 03:59 AM
Hello,
I'm looking into applying to carib schools, I find St martnus attractive especially the bisemester programme the school has. I noticed you were a student at the time of your post, are you still a student there? Pls. can you give me an insider perspestive about the school. I need information about the curriculum, teachers, clinicals, tuition and cost of living in Curacoa, the institution loan, and overall quality of the school. I looked at other schools but I'm more interested in St Martinus. I know going throught this route is not easy but it can be done with hard work. A lot of negatives on the thread about the school, but I uderstand I cannot expect everything to be perfect from a school in the carib. Being from a third world country, I have a firsthand experience.
Thank you,
jibo

School looks attractive on their website. They have only two full time Indian faculty, who are very young and less experience in training Medical students who are heading to the US or Canada.

Curriculum is designed by the school owner's son & his girl friend (who are students themselves at SMUFOM). The way they run their courses is ad-hoc and entirely depends on the number of students they enrol that particular semester, which means you will be made to take Physiology classes without having Gross Anatomy.

They have Clinical Observership at few local Curacaon clinics/hospital, which is great. But Clinical Observership's are provided by plenty other Caribbean medical schools during Basic Science training.

Tuitions got dropped from a 8500US$ to 5500US$, still this is a hefty price that you will be paying for below mediocre training they provide. There are other legit Basic Science programs elsewhere at the same price or less cheaper.

Cost of living on the island is more than twice as much as US cities.

The tuitions for Clinicals that appear on their website is way too high, especially if you are coming from a third world country. Moreover, it has been very suspicious that this school even has any Green book rotations at all?

Still, if you choose to join this sort of school, please be nice to the school owner, his son & most importantly the son's crony girl friend.

Exams are run on LXR, which is controlled by the school owner. Allegedly, the grades get manipulated & the son has never scored anything less than an "A", maybe because this is his third time studying Basic Sciences. Poland>Windsor>St Martinus.

The Dean who appears on their website is no longer in Curacao, which means that the school is misrepresenting information.

Good Luck!

bosek
07-27-2012, 12:46 PM
I really like paid VMD trollers like mdcur. I am happy with the bi semester system. If you have an opportunity, please visit the island and see for yourself. I did that and I am very happy.

mdcur
07-27-2012, 02:52 PM
I really like paid VMD trollers like mdcur. I am happy with the bi semester system. If you have an opportunity, please visit the island and see for yourself. I did that and I am very happy.

I really like this school owner(drbose) trying to defend his school so badly that everybody else seems to be a paid troller.

Come out of the illusion Sir, and get the Clinical rotations sorted before its too late & you lose more students yet again.

DogChairTreePurple
07-27-2012, 04:57 PM
I really like this school owner(drbose) trying to defend his school so badly that everybody else seems to be a paid troller.

Come out of the illusion Sir, and get the Clinical rotations sorted before its too late & you lose more students yet again.

They can never give a straight answer regarding what clinical rotation sites the schools can offer students.

bosek
07-27-2012, 05:03 PM
I really like mdcur , student who failed and went to diploma mill.

DogChairTreePurple
07-27-2012, 06:50 PM
I really like mdcur , student who failed and went to diploma mill.

The other option is stay at St. Martinus, wait till it closes down at some point during your 4 years of medical school and then not even have a transcript... let alone a MD degree to show for

bosek
07-27-2012, 08:42 PM
The other option is stay at St. Martinus, wait till it closes down at some point during your 4 years of medical school and then not even have a transcript... let alone a MD degree to show for

You pretend you are in US school. Mr Duck you are in CMU. Do you know someone who did not get transcripts?

DogChairTreePurple
07-27-2012, 11:14 PM
You pretend you are in US school. Mr Duck you are in CMU. Do you know someone who did not get transcripts?

Scroll back a few pages in this school forum to see who didnt receive any.

bosek
07-28-2012, 02:01 AM
I go to school. I talk to professors who have been here 8 years and I get my story from them. Either these professors are lying together with the students or trollers are posting incorrect information. Have you noticed that there is no moderator for this forum? You see other forums moderated and that is the reason about all this trash.

DogChairTreePurple
07-28-2012, 05:12 PM
I go to school. I talk to professors who have been here 8 years and I get my story from them. Either these professors are lying together with the students or trollers are posting incorrect information. Have you noticed that there is no moderator for this forum? You see other forums moderated and that is the reason about all this trash.

If this is true what you are saying about professors who been there 8 years and saying the school has never closed down then of course they are lying. They dont want to risk students leaving the school and have a reoccurence of what happened in 2010 when teachers were not being paid on time because the school was struggling financially. That is why so many teachers stopped teaching and why the school had to eventually close down. Dont be blind when you have eyes to see

MSKNY
09-01-2012, 06:19 PM
To all the Morons posting craps about St. Martinus University, here is something. The school is legist and yes they do have clinicals and residency programs in the U.S. Here is a list of hospitals that have resident Doctors who graduated from St. Marinus and yes the list is legit. You can google it and even get the name of the Doctors that came out the small and legit university called St. Martinus University.
Moses H. Cone Memorial Hospital @ NC
Metrohealth @Ohio
University of Maryland Medical Center @ the name says itself. For the morons who wouldn't know, its at Maryland
McClaren @ Michigan
SIU school of Medicine @Illinois
The morons who post lies and craps about St. Martinus university are as follows:
are the ones not built tough enough to make it as a MD
are the ones not smart enough to finish even Pre-Med
are the ones who couldn't pay off their loans to SMU
are the ones who have no lives also know as total losers

Copyright © 2003-2018 ValueMD, LLC. All rights reserved.