PDA

View Full Version : St. Martinus: Truth be Told

scorpsu1
06-17-2012, 02:57 PM
I'm starting this post simply to show how much time supposedly "dedicated" medical students spend on this forum, rather there education. There should be no reason for any active student to have so many posts on here.

Truth of the matter is this, people post things on here to scare people, plain and simple. They don't care about others, and they are certainly not looking out for any prospective students best interest. Why else would you post outlandish stuff about other schools, on a forum such as this. Will having another student come to the school help you pass your boards? No. Get better grades? No. So what is your purpose? A lot of what being said on these forums is passed on from word of mouth, and as we have grown to know, things get lost in translation and exaggerated all the time and this forum is a perfect example.

Most of the the stuff you read on here is false. A small part of it may run true, but have you ever heard of anyone starting a forum such as this to talk about how good their school is? This is where people go vent, moan and groan about their mistakes and mishappenings disguised as "credited complaints/reviews" about schools.

I am a student at SMU that just finished my Basic Sciences. I am currently studying for the USMLE and scheduled to take it at summer's end. I don't care what people think about my teachers, especially those who transferred from SMU to other schools, because we know who are, we know how you performed while at SMU and why/how you transferred (essentially to CMU). If having a teacher with English as a second language is a bad thing, then I guess a lot of medical schools, especially in the US, aren't doing right. They all speak English, no matter primary or secondary language, and you can understand them fine. We have profs from India and Curacao alike, but the only thing that matters, and should matter, is they are all Board Certified, taken their necessary Board Exams and have passed. Same as any other school. We all use Kaplan, Falcon, First Aide, DIT in addition to the same books plus teacher-taught lectures, so again, where is the drop-off? Our school is small, but again where does it say anywhere that having a big campus equates to success? There are adequate classrooms, a library, in addition to more stuff being built. As for claims of a fraudulent President and PhD or whatever, the fact that anyone, especially medical students who know nothing about this man, are willing to attack a man's livelihood in such a way says more about them as in-training professionals than anything else. Claims about the island not being safe, or being an inadequate place to study, I will say this, have you been to St. Kitts? Grenada? All these so-called islands, much like any other place in the states, have their share of crime. People don't change just because you're in the islands. Is Detroit safe? Oakland? Compton? Does any of that means you can't study or succeed? Let's be real, crime exists everywhere, you're just looking for excuses.

And as for clinical rotation sites, for anyone out there who feels SMU is fake or fraudulent simply because they choose to not put their rotation sites on the website, again, its their opinion. The students who are there, me included, do know. That's all that matters to me. As long as I know where I will be in the Fall is all that matters to me. I think its funny, rather hilarious, that there are those who feel as if they have seen said documents detailing clinical rotation sites or questioned/called up every hospital or had meetings with ECFMG in regards to St. Martinus. If we put these sites on the website, people will say we are lying and that we don't have those sites. If we choose not to put them up on the website, then we are fake and fraudulent and are about to close. Do you see how petty this is?

Now if I tell you that SMU has now begun Federal-Approved Medical Research, people will say I'm probably lying. Once we put it on they website, those same people will probably say we just made it up. You see where this is going? There is no right way to do things, according to those avid bloggers on this forum. Ross, St. Matthews, SGU, IAU, "The Big 3," or any other Carib Med School all have their issues, trust. For anyone to say otherwise is simply ignorance.

All in all, at this conclusion, there will be, I'm sure, many who will reply to this post with reasons why not to go to SMU or try to downplay anything I have said. But that's fine...it seems, in the Carib at least, that the #1 job of most med students is not to succeed at medicine, but to cast doubt upon any prospective medical students decisions to attend any school.

saw176
06-18-2012, 01:43 PM
Wise words, scorpsu1

reality_talk
06-18-2012, 01:59 PM
It is not much about School, it is all about the criminal background of new Owners.

Their aim is to takeout money.
They call themself as business tycoon.
All the venture capitalist funding is used for private accounts by opening fake offices in various countries and booking false expenses.

Only peanuts are invested in the school.

PS and SS involved in criminal cases in the past.PS has faced a cheating case in USA and SS is on bail in some criminal case in some asian country.

Why the authorities of WHO and MCI investigate what I say and cancel the licence of this school.

Let us write to WHO and MCI for this investigation.
If I am prooved wrong in any of one case then I am ready to face any trial.
PS , SS please accept my challange .

bosek
06-18-2012, 11:40 PM
elephants keeps on moving forward, despite facing a horde of barking dogs

devildoc8404
06-19-2012, 01:15 AM
Aha, yes, I see what you did there... "only peanuts are invested in the school..." and "elephants keeps on moving forward."

Gosh, it's right in keeping with this whole circus theme that you guys have going on.

Nicely played. Nicely played, indeed.

thxleave
06-19-2012, 02:41 AM
Aha, yes, I see what you did there... "only peanuts are invested in the school..." and "elephants keeps on moving forward."

Gosh, it's right in keeping with this whole circus theme that you guys have going on.

Nicely played. Nicely played, indeed.

Here comes the peanut gallery. :p

guilder2012
06-19-2012, 02:25 PM
I just have few questions that defies logic.

How can University hire and keep good professors if they are so bad specially from the island?
Why would you not run 3 semesters in a year if you really want to run a scam?
Why would hospitals in the island allow only the students from this university for hospital visits?

devildoc8404
06-19-2012, 03:56 PM
I'm rather surprised you "liked" that, mdcur. Your posts are among those smack dab in the middle of the center ring.

mdcur
06-20-2012, 12:09 AM
yeah, its all like a circus to deal with a bunch of jokers :crazy:

thxleave
06-20-2012, 01:31 AM
yeah, its all like a circus to deal with a bunch of jokers :crazy:

In this mad world, you must become one of those jokers to even stay sane! I say.

bosek
06-20-2012, 01:50 AM
"mdcur" what is your problem? If you don't have anything to do with the school then why do you troll here? There are lot more important social issues that you can help with.

Please pay special attention to post by "scorps1"
I am a student at SMU that just finished my Basic Sciences. I am currently studying for the USMLE and scheduled to take it at summer's end. I don't care what people think about my teachers, especially those who transferred from SMU to other schools, because we know who are, we know how you performed while at SMU and why/how you transferred (essentially to diploma mill)

Copyright © 2003-2018 ValueMD, LLC. All rights reserved.