PDA

View Full Version : SMUFOM has been approved by Medical Council of India

bosek
06-16-2012, 09:00 PM
This is yet another feather in SMUFOM cap.
SMUFOM students with OCI status (Overseas citizenship of India) and Indian Citizens are eligbile for screening test conducted by MCI. St Martinus Univeristy students are eligbile to practice in India after completing the degree

reality_talk
06-17-2012, 08:41 AM
This is yet another feather in SMUFOM cap.
SMUFOM students with OCI status (Overseas citizenship of India) and Indian Citizens are eligbile for screening test conducted by MCI. St Martinus Univeristy students are eligbile to practice in India after completing the degree

Please note the hidden thing:
graduates from SMU can not start practice in India untill they clear Screening test conducted by MCI.

This is applicable to the schools of Mauritious , Nepal , Bangladesh etc

If so then any Indian can do medical from India paying much less and then he / she will not have to clear any test to start practice .
As far as USMLE is concerned , in any case they will have to clear that as many institute coach you for that .

bosek
06-17-2012, 01:52 PM
Dear reality_talk you would not be allowed to even sit for screeing test if your school does not have eligibility certificate. There are only few medical schools other then SMU ( AGA, SGU) which are allowed to even sit for screening test.
GO to some other school in the island and see if you can even apply for MCI.

reality_talk
06-18-2012, 10:29 AM
Dear reality_talk you would not be allowed to even sit for screeing test if your school does not have eligibility certificate. There are only few medical schools other then SMU ( AGA, SGU) which are allowed to even sit for screening test.
GO to some other school in the island and see if you can even apply for MCI.

Dear DrBosedk

Plese post the recognition letter from MCI if u have .

Let us see that.

If you do not have then can I post the guidelines of MCI for eligibility for screening test for Indian Residents ?

Please Make sure that if your photoshop editor gets the correct sample of that letter.

let us all see the first of its kind recognition letter to any foriegn medical school by MCI even after Honerable Supreme Court Wordict.....

Now all my friend will see the SUPER SILENCE from PS AND HIS oops HER team .

bosek
06-18-2012, 06:01 PM
Please ask the MCI or admin if you want to see it. What does MD2 student has to do with the letter?

guilder2012
06-19-2012, 02:41 PM
what is OCI? Where can I find more info on OCI?

bosek
06-20-2012, 02:56 AM
The Government of India has decided to grant Overseas Citizenship of India (OCI), which most people
mistakenly refer to as 'dual citizenship.' Persons of Indian Origin (PIO) of certain categories
who migrated from India and acquired citizenship of a foreign country, other than Pakistan
and Bangladesh, are eligible to be granted an OCI as long as their home countries allow dual
citizenship in some form or the other under their local laws.

If you get an OCI, it is NOT the same as being a regular Indian citizen:

You do not get an Indian passport.
There is no such thing as an OCI passport.
You have no voting rights.
You cannot run for elections in India.

You cannot normally hold employment in the Government of India.

Can not acquire agricultural or plantation properties in India. However, such a person
can inherit such properties.

Compared to PIO card, OCI offers the following benefits:

OCI is entitled to a life long visa-free travel to India whereas for the PIO cardholder, it is limited to 15 years.

registration with Indian Police authorities for any length of stay in India. A PIO cardholder is required to register with local Police authorities for any stay exceeding 180 days in India on any single visit.

buddha2012
06-21-2012, 10:19 PM
This is a great news.
Thanks for sharing Dr. Bose.
One more reason to feel so good being a part of St.Martinus family.

guilder2012
07-24-2012, 11:24 AM
This is a great news.
Thanks for sharing Dr. Bose.
One more reason to feel so good being a part of St.Martinus family.

There are only few schools in Caribbean with MCI approval. I have also heard that you can get loans for studying there. This is indeed great news for NRIs and Indians.

bosek
07-27-2012, 11:41 AM
Getting accreditation from MCI is not easy. They will not approve anyone just like that and there are very few schools.
Problem here is none of the Caribbean schools want this school to succeed because they are running 3 semesters and they would not want a two semester school to succeed.

DogChairTreePurple
07-27-2012, 04:33 PM
Getting accreditation from MCI is not easy. They will not approve anyone just like that and there are very few schools.
Problem here is none of the Caribbean schools want this school to succeed because they are running 3 semesters and they would not want a two semester school to succeed.
"Dr"Bose. Have you ever been diagnosed with a delusional disorder? You are like one of those schizophrenics who believe the C.I.A. is out to get them. Except your delusions are about "other carribean schools" and their desire to bring down St. Martinus. Hopefully this can put you at ease. No i am not from another carribean school. I go to a school in the United States so I have no desire to bring St. Martinus down for any gain of mine. The only thing I desire is for students to know the truth. I feel bad for potential students who ..mostly desperate premeds who will jump at the chance to go to a medical school without looking at their track record. That is why I encourage these students to look at the poor history that St. Martinus has with how they treated their students. I just hope those students have been able to move on with the academic careers after St. Martinus shut down a few years back. The truth needs to be heard about schools history

bosek
07-27-2012, 05:13 PM
No Dear "DogChairTreePurple", You are one of those people who think civilization starts at NY and ends in LA. Either all the professors are lying to us or
you are getting all the information from little birdie.

Copyright © 2003-2018 ValueMD, LLC. All rights reserved.