PDA

View Full Version : No recognized US Clinicals at St. Martinus

livewirejack
06-15-2012, 06:10 AM
St Martinus admin and students have started spamming my schools form so I thought I'd let you ValueMD readers in on the truth about St. Martinus.

1. The school has no recognized US hospital based clinical program after basic sciences (they refuse to even give their own students a list of affiliated hospitals)

2. The school is struggling at the moment with low enrollment and are very near to closing AGAIN (they've closed at least twice in the past 5 years)

3. The faculty ALL have English as their second language, not one member of faculty is from North America or Canada, this shows when they are trying to deal with the handful of US/Canadian students they still have

This school is a good choice if you are a non US/Canadian citizen or you want to attend an Indian style school with little chance of getting US clinical experience

If like me you want to be in an environment with other Americans and attend a school that wont close on you apply elsewhere. If you do not believe me and can afford it, take the time to visit the school and others and tell me if I'm wrong.

reality_talk
06-15-2012, 01:53 PM
St Martinus admin and students have started spamming my schools form so I thought I'd let you ValueMD readers in on the truth about St. Martinus.

1. The school has no recognized US hospital based clinical program after basic sciences (they refuse to even give their own students a list of affiliated hospitals)

2. The school is struggling at the moment with low enrollment and are very near to closing AGAIN (they've closed at least twice in the past 5 years)

3. The faculty ALL have English as their second language, not one member of faculty is from North America or Canada, this shows when they are trying to deal with the handful of US/Canadian students they still have

This school is a good choice if you are a non US/Canadian citizen or you want to attend an Indian style school with little chance of getting US clinical experience

If like me you want to be in an environment with other Americans and attend a school that wont close on you apply elsewhere. If you do not believe me and can afford it, take the time to visit the school and others and tell me if I'm wrong.

I will add that it is not even equivalent to Indian style medical education .That is far superior as we see many Indian doctors with Indian degree are practicing in US AND CANADA.

mdcur
06-16-2012, 02:32 AM
The paper work for Clinical Rotations shown by the School Owner seems to be photo-shop edited.

The so claimed hospitals have no affiliation with SMUFOM.

Some of the students & their families went to those hospitals, have enquired about SMUFOM Clinical rotation spots, ZERO CLINICAL ROTATION SPOTS for St Martinus University Faculty of Medicine.

Call those hospitals to know the facts.

Its really pity how somebody can lie so much & its even more disturbing how ignorant some of the faculty and sensible-students are, by endorsing something that is FAKE

cardiomegaly
06-16-2012, 12:40 PM
I dont know if this school has clinical rotations in the US or not but they do have graduates currently in residency right now. 1 at University of Maryland Medical Center, 2 at Quincy family Medicine residency. The links are listed below. I dont go to either one of the schools I was just curious about them since there seems to be a big war going on between the students.
http://www.umm.edu/pediatrics/residents/class2012.htm

Quincy Family Medicine Residents, Class of 2013 (http://www.quincyfp.org/gettoknowus/team_2013.html)

Quincy Family Medicine Residents, Class of 2012 (http://www.quincyfp.org/gettoknowus/team_2012.html)

cardiomegaly
06-16-2012, 03:17 PM

livewirejack
06-16-2012, 06:21 PM
[QUOTE=cardiomegaly;1453107]I dont know if this school has clinical rotations in the US or not but they do have graduates currently in residency right now. 1 at University of Maryland Medical Center, 2 at Quincy family Medicine residency. The links are listed below. I dont go to either one of the schools I was just curious about them since there seems to be a big war going on between the students.

They graduated and are products of the old St Martinus before it closed. The basic sciences and clinicals they completed were those of the old school and have nothing to do with the current setup.

The reopened and renamed St Martinus Faculty of Medicine has no new graduates or ACGME (teaching hospital) rotations

livewirejack
06-17-2012, 06:15 AM

cardiomegaly
06-17-2012, 09:10 AM
[QUOTE=cardiomegaly;1453107]I dont know if this school has clinical rotations in the US or not but they do have graduates currently in residency right now. 1 at University of Maryland Medical Center, 2 at Quincy family Medicine residency. The links are listed below. I dont go to either one of the schools I was just curious about them since there seems to be a big war going on between the students.

They graduated and are products of the old St Martinus before it closed. The basic sciences and clinicals they completed were those of the old school and have nothing to do with the current setup.

The reopened and renamed St Martinus Faculty of Medicine has no new graduates or ACGME (teaching hospital) rotations
Ooops I thought it was all the same. What happened to the old set up

livewirejack
06-17-2012, 10:53 AM
[QUOTE=livewirejack;1453130]
Ooops I thought it was all the same. What happened to the old set up

All i know is that the school closed down due to bad management and low enrollment. Many of their students had to transfer to other schools in the Caribbean.

The sad thing is that its happening again

scorpsu1
06-17-2012, 01:02 PM
The funny thing...the hilarious thing I think about threads like this is these mostly come from old students who transferred from SMU to CMU or some other school. Again, we know who you are, and how you performed at SMU. If anyone reading this forum wants to believe that they are writing these "complaints" for your benefit than you are mistaken. They are doing this as compensation, to make themselves feel better about where they go to now. Medical students, especially in the Caribbean, love to find ways to cast doubt upon others decisions.

No teachers that speak English? Really. No clinical sites? Ok. That's fine. There is no perfect school, definitely no perfect Carib school, yes that even includes your school. If you don't think SMU has clinical sites thats fine. Again, none of that matters if you don't pass your USMLE anyway...which again, ALL of us should be working towards right now. Great! Your school pastes clinical sites on their website, congrats! We're in a profession where actions speak louder than words, so instead of you wasting time on here, handle your business, and get in clinicals yourself. You want everyone to praise your school simply because they put clinical sites on their website? Like in the history of Carib Med Schools, there has never been a school that put false clinical sites on their website...let's be real. Our teachers aren't good? Ok. But if we were to say that some of our faculty came from & taught at St. Matthew's or SGU, would you change your answer then? Probably. Just worry about your own...

You all that take so much time out of your day to write/discredit SMU, should just focus on finishing your Basic Sciences at CMU (or wherever transferred school) and taking the USMLE and then starting your rotations. I have no quarrels with anyone who goes to SMU or the many students that have transferred from SMU, for whatever reason. But honestly, we should all be occupying our time with lets say uhhh...medicine.

scorpsu1
06-17-2012, 01:03 PM
The funny thing...the hilarious thing I think about threads like this is these mostly come from old students who transferred from SMU to CMU or some other school. Again, we know who you are, and how you performed at SMU. If anyone reading this forum wants to believe that they are writing these "complaints" for your benefit than you are mistaken. They are doing this as compensation, to make themselves feel better about where they go to now. Medical students, especially in the Caribbean, love to find ways to cast doubt upon others decisions.

No teachers that speak English? Really. No clinical sites? Ok. That's fine. There is no perfect school, definitely no perfect Carib school, yes that even includes your school. If you don't think SMU has clinical sites thats fine. Again, none of that matters if you don't pass your USMLE anyway...which again, ALL of us should be working towards right now. Great! Your school pastes clinical sites on their website, congrats! We're in a profession where actions speak louder than words, so instead of you wasting time on here, handle your business, and get in clinicals yourself. You want everyone to praise your school simply because they put clinical sites on their website? Like in the history of Carib Med Schools, there has never been a school that put false clinical sites on their website...let's be real. Our teachers aren't good? Ok. But if we were to say that some of our faculty came from & taught at St. Matthew's or SGU, would you change your answer then? Probably. Just worry about your own school.

You all that take so much time out of your day to write/discredit SMU, should just focus on finishing your Basic Sciences at CMU (or wherever transferred school) and taking the USMLE and then starting your rotations. I have no quarrels with anyone who goes to SMU or the many students that have transferred from SMU, for whatever reason. But honestly, we should all be occupying our time with lets say uhhh...medicine.

bosek
06-20-2012, 01:02 AM
very well said. Rather than talking trash and justifying the decision they need to just move on .

bosek
06-20-2012, 01:07 AM
I dont know if this school has clinical rotations in the US or not but they do have graduates currently in residency right now. 1 at University of Maryland Medical Center, 2 at Quincy family Medicine residency. The links are listed below. I dont go to either one of the schools I was just curious about them since there seems to be a big war going on between the students.
http://www.umm.edu/pediatrics/residents/class2012.htm

Quincy Family Medicine Residents, Class of 2013 (http://www.quincyfp.org/gettoknowus/team_2013.html)

Quincy Family Medicine Residents, Class of 2012 (http://www.quincyfp.org/gettoknowus/team_2012.html)

Problem is students who were struggling transferred and are trying to justify the decision.

livewirejack
07-13-2012, 03:40 PM
I see my questions have still not been answered... Where are your clinicals???? Everyone but a few unfortunate students know that this school has no clinicals.

2012 St Martinus = No US clinical program, low to zero enrollment as usual and no US or Canadian faculty whatsoever

Nothings changed

DogChairTreePurple
07-13-2012, 07:26 PM
I see my questions have still not been answered... Where are your clinicals???? Everyone but a few unfortunate students know that this school has no clinicals.

2012 St Martinus = No US clinical program, low to zero enrollment as usual and no US or Canadian faculty whatsoever

Nothings changed

I just hope all new students are aware of what they get themselves into.

krissi
07-25-2012, 04:39 AM
Just heard that students are being screwed over by this school. Some of them are trying to transfer over to Aruba and where I am in St Lucia to do their clinicals

If you have just joined this school please ask for their list of affiliated hospitals and contact them to find out if they are legit. They may have clinical sites but they are not approved by the ACGME

DogChairTreePurple
07-25-2012, 06:14 PM
Just heard that students are being screwed over by this school. Some of them are trying to transfer over to Aruba and where I am in St Lucia to do their clinicals

If you have just joined this school please ask for their list of affiliated hospitals and contact them to find out if they are legit. They may have clinical sites but they are not approved by the ACGME

Incredible. Potential students should be grateful that there are people like you out there exposing this school for what it is.

krissi
07-26-2012, 07:40 AM
I was thinking of applying here but when I did my research and found that they have less than 15 students total on their campus, have no clinical teaching program or legit US clinical sites I decided to stay away from this place. Too much of a risk when you bear in mind that this school has closed twice in the past couple of years.

livewirejack
07-27-2012, 02:01 PM
I was thinking of applying here but when I did my research and found that they have less than 15 students total on their campus, have no clinical teaching program or legit US clinical sites I decided to stay away from this place. Too much of a risk when you bear in mind that this school has closed twice in the past couple of years.

With few students on campus after being reopen for 2 years means that this school is a loss making business and will eventually close again

DogChairTreePurple
07-27-2012, 04:54 PM
With few students on campus after being reopen for 2 years means that this school is a loss making business and will eventually close again

And yet these students continue to defend the very school that will one day come back and bite them. Incredible

livewirejack
07-29-2012, 07:10 AM
It has already come back to bite some. One of the Martinus students just transferred to our school

mdcur
07-30-2012, 03:15 PM
It has already come back to bite some. One of the Martinus students just transferred to our school

What were the Reason's?

SMUFOM
08-16-2012, 10:40 AM
It is unfortunate that people post things on this site without knowing the facts. St. Martinus University has 11 students currently in clinical rotations in the United States as of August 15, 2012.

MSKNY
09-01-2012, 06:12 PM
To all the Morons posting craps about St. Martinus University, here is something. The school is legist and yes they do have clinicals and residency programs in the U.S. Here is a list of hospitals that have resident Doctors who graduated from St. Marinus and yes the list is legit. You can google it and even get the name of the Doctors that came out the small and legit university called St. Martinus University.
Moses H. Cone Memorial Hospital @ NC
Metrohealth @Ohio
University of Maryland Medical Center @ the name says itself. For the morons who wouldn't know, its at Maryland
McClaren @ Michigan
SIU school of Medicine @Illinois
The morons who post lies and craps about St. Martinus university are as follows:
are the ones not built tough enough to make it as a MD
are the ones not smart enough to finish even Pre-Med
are the ones who couldn't pay off their loans to SMU
are the ones who have no lives also know as total losers

MSKNY
09-01-2012, 06:18 PM
by the way I am not a student of SMU. I just did the research to give a clear head for the people who have been confused by the morons. Think positive and study hard and kick *** on your USMLE. That will get you into clinical and to residency. People who fail tends to come up with excuses and blames to make them feel better

Copyright © 2003-2018 ValueMD, LLC. All rights reserved.