PDA

View Full Version : Warning for people doing the entrance exam to Debrecen

Dulgar
06-09-2012, 07:30 PM
I have been saying that the entrance exam is a joke, and a lot of people have been saying the same in the forum, apparently they have changed the way they accept people from this year on, because of the amount of repeaters next year will have (around 80~90 people only for General Medicine).
So the exams are much, much harder, take them seriously. When I was accepted we were 10 people and 8 got accepted to General medicine, this time, 2 people out of i think 13 were accepted in an examination round.

Just a warning to everyone taking the exam lightly because of people like me saying they were easy.

What I've written here is what has been going on in the entrance exam for Scandinavians, I'm not sure if this is true for the rest of the world, but be ready!

So, study, study, study!! :)

bastibacak
06-10-2012, 06:20 AM
I got accepted this year, and I must say that the entrance exam, both the written and the oral part, still needed waaay more comprehensive approach to select students. Topics were well rounded, but the level of questions was really sub-par.

So I am glad that they finally realized that in order to be competitive as the whole faculty, they should administer much stricter and selective procedures at the admissions department.

Dulgar
06-10-2012, 08:40 AM
I got accepted this year, and I must say that the entrance exam, both the written and the oral part, still needed waaay more comprehensive approach to select students. Topics were well rounded, but the level of questions was really sub-par.

So I am glad that they finally realized that in order to be competitive as the whole faculty, they should administer much stricter and selective procedures at the admissions department.

Do you mind writing the questions you got?

parmidas
06-21-2012, 09:36 PM
i saw this post and now i am super nervous
! im thinking of doing the exam for the winter entrance , since i dont think 15 days is enough to study if the quesetions have gotten super hard :(

I just have a question for you who have already passed the exam in the past years, how many questions do you have to get correct in the written and in the oral part?

Thankyou:)

Dulgar
06-22-2012, 03:44 AM
Good be nervous! Get used to that feeling, you'll feel like that and maybe worse for your next 3 years :P then it's supposed to get easier, or some say, you get so used to the stress it feels easier...

You need 8 questions out of 7 x 3 MCQ right, and on the oral part, there is nothing on that, you just need to impress them enough. To be honest, I think I failed at the MCQ part completely, but they just let everyone pass to the next round (which is the oral part), but now since they made it all harder, just make sure you know your topics, or at least have a feeling for what each topic is about so you can have a discussion with your examiner, they seem to like that here.

parmidas
06-22-2012, 12:35 PM
Good be nervous! Get used to that feeling, you'll feel like that and maybe worse for your next 3 years :P then it's supposed to get easier, or some say, you get so used to the stress it feels easier...

You need 8 questions out of 7 x 3 MCQ right, and on the oral part, there is nothing on that, you just need to impress them enough. To be honest, I think I failed at the MCQ part completely, but they just let everyone pass to the next round (which is the oral part), but now since they made it all harder, just make sure you know your topics, or at least have a feeling for what each topic is about so you can have a discussion with your examiner, they seem to like that here.

thats very interesting, do they usually send all highschool students to BMC? because from the way my agent was talking, i think the chance of them allowing a 19yr old to go straight into 1st year is slim to none!

would you recommend that I study by myself from the textbooks they use to teach in the BMC and try to take te test next year and skip the classes? or do you think its better to go to BMC for a year?

I would hate to the waste all the time and money :(
Thanksfor your reply! very helpfull

Dulgar
06-22-2012, 11:32 PM
In my opinion the BMC here is plan rubbish, you're better off reading the subject by yourself (you're going to end up doing that anyway, since most subjects are "self learning" oriented") and saving some money, plus, you do have chances of getting in, I got in with 20, which seem to be the average age for non-asians, asians get here from 18.

parmidas
06-23-2012, 05:14 PM
alright i think im gonna do the exam now and if everything fails ill do the 6 months of bmc instead of 1 whole year. I have another question of you dont mind (lol sorry!) if i want to take" PhD programme in medical sciences", is that what i put on the application form? or does it have a different name? sorry lame question but im a little confused after seeing the UD website lol

thankyou

Dulgar
06-23-2012, 08:41 PM
alright i think im gonna do the exam now and if everything fails ill do the 6 months of bmc instead of 1 whole year. I have another question of you dont mind (lol sorry!) if i want to take" PhD programme in medical sciences", is that what i put on the application form? or does it have a different name? sorry lame question but im a little confused after seeing the UD website lol

thankyou

Just ask away, I'm trying to avoid studying as much as I can these days.. lol.

Yeah 6 month BMC is much better and cheaper I think (?), again, I've only heard bad things about the BMC, specially about the level of the education which is quite low, O-level ish, or that's what people that have done the BMC say.

Do you refer to Doctor of medicine(MD)? Which is what this country awards. PhD is a long road from here, if you're 19! First bachelor, then master, then PhD... Hmm I think you should have the option to "cross" or "tick" the program you want in the application, that's how my application had as format, which if you want to be a doctor is MD, Doctor of medicine, a dentist, DMD, PhD as I said, loooooooooong road...

Which website are you referring to btw? University of Debrecen :: Medical School and Health Science Center (http://www.ud-mhsc.org/index.php?option=com_content&task=blogcategory&id=25&Itemid=67) is it here you saw the program? I can't seem to find "PhD programme in medical science".

Copyright © 2003-2018 ValueMD, LLC. All rights reserved.