PDA

View Full Version : Aureus had 10 people match this year.. umm. how many graduated? Isn't that terrible?

hydrogen4
06-05-2012, 08:31 PM
aureusuniversity[dot]com/2012/03/aureus-university-residents-2012/

They had 10 people match..

How many people graduated this year? It had to be like at least 40, 50?

How big are the class sizes?

I'm not convinced this is a good school..

RichS
09-09-2012, 02:24 PM
Where is the match list, or list of specialties gotten in residency for Aureus?

wannabie
03-04-2013, 10:32 AM
aureusuniversity[dot]com/2012/03/aureus-university-residents-2012/ They had 10 people match.. How many people graduated this year? It had to be like at least 40, 50? How big are the class sizes? I'm not convinced this is a good school.. There are no match lists or lists of specialties entered by Aureus graduates. They don't release any of that information to the students. All information is tightly controlled so they can paint the school in the best light possible. I know that about about twenty people "graduate" each year from the Baltimore rotations and that the Texas and Chicago rotations are significantly smaller. So, forty to fifty would be more of a maximum than minimum.

wannabie
03-04-2013, 10:33 AM
Oh and of some of those people on that match list had applied multiple times over multiple years.

h0ttie
05-13-2013, 06:31 PM
So you don't know how many match from each graduating class? My head hurts.....Debt, bad profs.., no profs, no stats, no quarters, good grief charlie brown!

JokerABC
06-12-2013, 09:21 AM
Still no information from Aureus about graduating class numbers, % that entered match and how many successfully got a match in a residency slot. The school always tells me that will email me or call me, and never does. I call and repeat the process. Obviously, the school doesn't want you to know this information, because otherwise you won't enroll.

Think about what residency program directors think about inviting a candidate for interview if they graduated from Aureus -a school with no known information and track record. There are plenty of other caribbean schools with track records that you can invite candidates for an interview.

andrrivale
08-05-2013, 04:23 AM
I think it's not terrible and results are satisfactory somehow.

devildoc8404
08-05-2013, 04:39 AM
"Not terrible" and "satisfactory somehow?"

Wow. That is a pretty ringing endorsement.

medschoolorbust
12-12-2013, 11:36 PM
i talked to someone at the school and they said 35/43 got matched. i dont know how many of those r pre-lims but im sure most of them r actual residencies. i know some ppl that have gone to aureus and are going through their residencies now and are pleased with their fields.

JokerABC
01-15-2014, 01:39 PM
i talked to someone at the school and they said 35/43 got matched. i dont know how many of those r pre-lims but im sure most of them r actual residencies. i know some ppl that have gone to aureus and are going through their residencies now and are pleased with their fields.

Does anyone believe this number? Then how come the school doesn't give out this information and where is the list of residencies?

Who did you talk to at the school, a student? I've spoken with someone who completed the Baltimore rotations and only "a few" obtained residencies from the 20 or so that finished. This is the best information I could get anyway. Also, people mentioned that the "best" students out of Aureus are in the Baltimore rotations. (I think a score over 200 is needed?)

Cesarchavez
01-19-2014, 02:38 AM
I'm not sure I'd assume its good. My cousin is in his 4th or 5th year from Windsor I believe. He did his two years at Windsor than went to Carbondale Illinois for 8 months. After that completed Studied for Step 1 passed. Started Rptatoons in Chicago than he did step 2A and now he is almost done with his Rotationz I believe he will be finished by this June if he passes Step 2B. Which he said he will do by this June. My other cousin who went to An Easteren European country for medical school completed it but he has failed the Usmle test multiple times. He did the tests after fully completing medical school in Czech Republic. He passed Step 1 but than failed Step 2A 2 times. He is now leveled up with my cousin from Caribbean. But here's the difference the Caribbean cousin is in his 5th year while the Easteren European medical cousin is in his 10th year. So what do you think is better? Both are fairly smart I believe. I myself chose to go to an Easteren European med school for the sake of money for the first year. So far I have completed the first semester and by far yet I think this system is the crappiest ever. We had 2 tests for anatomy one was Osteology and another wass about the brachial plexus. Osteology test study 15-20 bones. For the oral they will ask you two random bones and you have to tell them the features of that bone. Or in other words the bullet points from a Netter book. For the MCQ it's just about 20 questions if you know the MCQ I think you should be fine for the oral. But if you fail one If the parts on test day you have to repeat the test as well as pay $36 USD as a retake fee. for brachial plexus literally I was asked 2 questions for oral that was where is the deep brachial vein and some other question in a a cadaver. What do you guys think of this Easteren medical school in Romania. Honestly I feel depressed in this place and they are making me rethink if I want to do medical school at all!

ek_civic
10-14-2014, 03:04 PM
Please do not believe anything on the Aureus university website. Everything on their website is a lie in some way. I have never been mislead more in life than this damn school.

Livenlearn
03-24-2015, 07:46 PM
Seems to be a lot of objections to Aureus (and for good reason).

Copyright © 2003-2018 ValueMD, LLC. All rights reserved.