PDA

View Full Version : My pre clinical experience :) @ SMU

sheong
06-01-2012, 12:25 PM
If I were to use three words to sum up my first clinical experience, it would be nervousness and excitement, with relief. It was my first time visiting the clinic, so I was filled with nervousness and excitement in anticipation of the experience. I did not know what to expect and it was finally time to apply my knowledge. I can recall myself reviewing and revising my notes of the basic physical examination procedures in order to be better prepared in front of the patient. Despite all the reviewing and revising, I was so nervous that all the preparation flew out the window. On the bright side of things, as the examination proceeded I felt more and more comfortable. By the time the examination ended, I felt a great sense of relief because I knew that things went well. It was definitely an eye-opening experience because I saw how what was taught in the classroom actually applied in a real life scenario. The key point that I gained through this experience is that medicine is definitely an art; with any art, in order to perfect it, practice is necessary.

bosek
07-27-2012, 09:14 PM
where are you right now?

DogChairTreePurple
07-28-2012, 05:26 PM
If I were to use three words to sum up my first clinical experience, it would be nervousness and excitement, with relief. It was my first time visiting the clinic, so I was filled with nervousness and excitement in anticipation of the experience. I did not know what to expect and it was finally time to apply my knowledge. I can recall myself reviewing and revising my notes of the basic physical examination procedures in order to be better prepared in front of the patient. Despite all the reviewing and revising, I was so nervous that all the preparation flew out the window. On the bright side of things, as the examination proceeded I felt more and more comfortable. By the time the examination ended, I felt a great sense of relief because I knew that things went well. It was definitely an eye-opening experience because I saw how what was taught in the classroom actually applied in a real life scenario. The key point that I gained through this experience is that medicine is definitely an art; with any art, in order to perfect it, practice is necessary.

What a generic response response about clinicals viewed from the eyes of a premed. Give me a break

Copyright © 2003-2018 ValueMD, LLC. All rights reserved.