PDA

View Full Version : Internal Medicine/Psychiatry/Family Medicine Residency Spots for SMU CMDA Members

buddha2012
05-25-2012, 02:34 PM
Hi to all,

Another very interesting good news for everything that is related to SMU.

On the virtue of the fact that SMU now has official chapter of CMDA running which has been recognized by the national leadership of CMDA ( THE LARGEST CHRISTIAN ORGANIZATION VISIBLE ON US MEDICAL SCHOOL CAMPUSES AND RESIDENCY TRAINING HOSPITALS, CURRENTLY OVER 15000 Members ) the students of CMDA who are members of CMDA have much to gain.

CMDA is linked with at least 12 different residency training programs in Family Medicine spread all across USA.

And of the criteria of these training programs is that among their selection criteria, they give preference to the residency applicants who are present or past members of CMDA.

And we have at least 5-7 Internal Medicine Residency training programs that are directly or indirectly linked to CMDA. One of the residency program considered very strong in its clinical training in Southern California.

And We have at least 2 Psychiatry Residency training programs, both of them on the East Coast.

So another great reason to be a part of the FAMILY OF SMU.

Any sincere seeker of truth for the validity of the facts I have mentioned is very welcome to email me or query me or post any comments.

Thanks and Lord bless us all.

mdcur
05-25-2012, 03:08 PM
If only it was this smooth & easy, I bet every med student would be a member of CMDA in the past, present & future!

Another desperate effort from St Martinus school owners to deceive prospective & current students.

Still, there is no clean & honest answer about the ACGME approved Clinical Rotations by the School officials.

buddha2012
05-25-2012, 09:19 PM
If only it was this smooth & easy, I bet every med student would be a member of CMDA in the past, present & future!

Dear Writer,
I never said that getting a residency spot in USA in any of the above mentioned specialty was smooth or easy. Nor did I say that being a member of CMDA MAKES IT EASY.
I simply said that because of CMDA affiliation with SMU, chances will increase for CMDA member students when they apply for residency at such spots.

That's being said, it is obvious otherwise that even those spots would not even bother to look at applicants resume or application when they apply ( be it they are from SMU OR CMDA SMU or not ) if the applicants do not prove to solid ones.
So if the applicant otherwise is solid ( having very good USMLE scores, possible research exp. ) and on top of that is a CMDA member through SMU Link and applies to any such CMDA affiliated hospital/residency training programs, he is for sure having increased chances for getting an interview.

So this again is a fact which can not be refuted. Rest it is upto the reader ( past, present or future) to make up their own impression about what is being said here.

Thank you

Copyright © 2003-2018 ValueMD, LLC. All rights reserved.