PDA

View Full Version : Masaryk uni

oliver_01
05-24-2012, 08:06 AM
Wondered where you guys do the entrance test! their website is not that informative nor their agents

Yoma
05-24-2012, 08:42 AM
Here's a link to answer any admissions questions Faculty of Medicine - The Admission Procedure for Studies in English Programmes in the Academic Year 2012/2013 (http://www.med.muni.cz/index.php?id=9) Here's a link to all the available exam dates in different countries. The exams in Brno have already been done last week, so if you want to still do the exams, you have to do them in another country. http://www.med.muni.cz/dokumenty/pdf/the_entrance_examination_terms.pdf

oliver_01
05-24-2012, 10:01 AM
Here's a link to answer any admissions questions Faculty of Medicine - The Admission Procedure for Studies in English Programmes in the Academic Year 2012/2013 (http://www.med.muni.cz/index.php?id=9) Here's a link to all the available exam dates in different countries. The exams in Brno have already been done last week, so if you want to still do the exams, you have to do them in another country. http://www.med.muni.cz/dokumenty/pdf/the_entrance_examination_terms.pdf

I've seen that! although couldn't contact the one in UK nor I got any invitation for the exam ! wondered if anyone else is in the same position

Yoma
05-24-2012, 10:40 AM
If you applied earlier in the year, you would have followed the simplest process.
Send an online application:
Select field (http://is.muni.cz/prihlaska/info.pl?lang=en;op=n;utyp=BM;beh=757;vcskdl=1)

Select whatever you are applying for, general medicine or dentistry(in english). Then you have to create a new application, add your contact details and other stuff that you will be asked to fill in and send the application. The application fee is about 40, at least that was how much I paid when I sent my application in like February/march.
When you do all that, the admissions office should contact you and give you more information on the exams.

But since you are applying after April 30th, you will normally look at the list of countries and call the representatives and they will tell you how to apply through them. If the number you are calling is not working, contact the school directly. Either phone them, or email them. Here are the details.
Phone: +420 549 491 111

Fax: +420 542 213 996
If you are calling, ask to speak to someone who understands and can speak English. I will PM you the head of international studies admissions officer's email and you can ask her anymore questions.

oliver_01
05-25-2012, 03:58 AM
If you applied earlier in the year, you would have followed the simplest process.
Select field (http://is.muni.cz/prihlaska/info.pl?lang=en;op=n;utyp=BM;beh=757;vcskdl=1)

Select whatever you are applying for, general medicine or dentistry(in english). Then you have to create a new application, add your contact details and other stuff that you will be asked to fill in and send the application. The application fee is about 40, at least that was how much I paid when I sent my application in like February/march.
When you do all that, the admissions office should contact you and give you more information on the exams.

But since you are applying after April 30th, you will normally look at the list of countries and call the representatives and they will tell you how to apply through them. If the number you are calling is not working, contact the school directly. Either phone them, or email them. Here are the details.

If you are calling, ask to speak to someone who understands and can speak English. I will PM you the head of international studies admissions officer's email and you can ask her anymore questions.

It might have been a confusion I have already applied there..I did get invitation for the exam in their country but not in UK

oliver_01
05-25-2012, 04:00 AM

It might have been a confusion I have already applied there..I did get invitation for the exam in their country but not in UK

Yoma
05-25-2012, 05:52 AM
I think you should have read the admissions information properly before applying.If you planned to sit the exams in Brno, then you should use the online system for application as provided on the school's website. If you want to apply through an agency instead, then the website also has a list of different agencies in different countries. If you want to sit the exam in the UK, then applying via medsim would have been the right path to follow. Because now it seems like you might have to pay twice for the exams. You said you have already paid through the online application, but that is only if you wanted to sit the exams in Brno. In order to sit the exams via medsim in the UK, you have to read the brochure and complete this form(the brochure is attached to the form) http://www.workshop-uk.net/images/brochures/medsim12.pdf Edit: contact details for medsim [email protected]
Telephone: 01509 233133 / 235879
The exams are free, but it looks like you have to pay for the medsim course, which is 2 days if I read it correctly.
If you want to apply via an agency in the UK, then contact the lady in Abbey Colleges
The Abbey Colleges - Ms. Debbie Hughes, e-mail: [email protected]
Here's the numberto the college
Telephone Number: +44 (0)1684 892300(I will only advice you to apply via an agency if you absolutely cannot go for the medsim course, because agencies charge like 2000 for doing absolutely nothing.) Also, if you are planning on starting uni this september, I suggest you get to stepping and try to fix this application glitch because time is slowly running out.

Spoorthy
04-25-2013, 06:34 AM
The exams aren't free, with the medsim workshop, it cost 180 to sit the Masaryk exam without the course.

Yoma
04-25-2013, 01:01 PM
The exams aren't free, with the medsim workshop, it cost 180 to sit the Masaryk exam without the course.

"Medsim along with the Medical Faculty of Masaryk University offer the opportunity to take the admissions test, at no
charge and no obligation to accept a place. Masaryk University is one of the most modern and respected universities in
Central Europe and the Medical Faculty provides two programmes taught in English: a six-year programme of study in
General Medicine and a five-year programme in Dentistry."

Quote from their brochure http://www.workshop-uk.net/images/brochures/medsim12.pdf

Spoorthy
04-26-2013, 07:22 AM
Oh well ring them and double check cause I rang them a couple of weeks ago and asked if I could sit just the Masaryk exam and they said it would be 180? Give them a call to be sure!

Yoma
04-26-2013, 07:34 AM
Oh well ring them and double check cause I rang them a couple of weeks ago and asked if I could sit just the Masaryk exam and they said it would be 180? Give them a call to be sure!

Not sure why I should ring them :-S, i'm already a student at the university. This thread was started last year and the last post before your post was last year.

Krix07
05-02-2013, 08:01 AM
Not sure why I should ring them :-S, i'm already a student at the university. This thread was started last year and the last post before your post was last year.

Hey would you mind telling us a little about the university. Do you feel good about your choice or do you think there are better places around Europe? Also how hard was the entrance examination? Do you like the life in the Czech Republic? Anything would be helpful. Thanks!

vitorptm
05-02-2013, 11:51 AM
I'm happy with the choice I made. I think that between the central and eastern Europe countries (Poland, Slovakia,Bulgaria, Romania,etc) the czech rep. is the best one for a foreigner to get his md because the unis are much more worldwide know and recognised and also the english md programs have been active for far longer and thus have more credibility than the starting ones.
More precisely I'm in Brno, studying in Masaryk University. I think it is the number 1 uni in the czech rep. to go for medicine for various reasons:
-It has a lot of foreigners of all nationalities,
-Brand new campus with state of the art tech.
-Its the least expensive uni in the czech rep. Tuition fee is about 9600 euros. (In Prague is 11K for the 1st year and then it goes even higher..)
-Cheaper living cost than Prague and other main cities.
-Brno is the Czech rep.'s city of students

About the entrance exams..In my point of view they are easy, just do the model questions to prepare yourself. It should be enough..
(Some questions are exactly the same has those in the model questions.)
Hope it helped. =)

Krix07
05-02-2013, 04:44 PM
I'm happy with the choice I made. I think that between the central and eastern Europe countries (Poland, Slovakia,Bulgaria, Romania,etc) the czech rep. is the best one for a foreigner to get his md because the unis are much more worldwide know and recognised and also the english md programs have been active for far longer and thus have more credibility than the starting ones.
More precisely I'm in Brno, studying in Masaryk University. I think it is the number 1 uni in the czech rep. to go for medicine for various reasons:
-It has a lot of foreigners of all nationalities,
-Brand new campus with state of the art tech.
-Its the least expensive uni in the czech rep. Tuition fee is about 9600 euros. (In Prague is 11K for the 1st year and then it goes even higher..)
-Cheaper living cost than Prague and other main cities.
-Brno is the Czech rep.'s city of students

About the entrance exams..In my point of view they are easy, just do the model questions to prepare yourself. It should be enough..
(Some questions are exactly the same has those in the model questions.)
Hope it helped. =)

Thanks so much, hopefully i will make it in!

Copyright © 2003-2020 ValueMD, LLC. All rights reserved.