PDA

View Full Version : SMU Strength lies in its teaching/training

buddha2012
05-22-2012, 09:18 PM
Hi to all,

As an assistant professor at St. Martinus University Faculty of Medicine, I can assure every reader of this thread and forum that our strength lies in our teaching methods.

To begin with, as we are among those very few med. schools in Caribbean that follow a Bi-semester method, with system we make sure that the students are getting a very strong foundation in their Basic Sciences which is an indispensable factor for anything like scoring Very High Scores in MLEs or becoming an excellent resident physician.

Most of our professors including me have taken USMLEs very recently like a year or two ago and whatever we teach, we make sure that we emphasize the Board relevant points so that the students know what they need for the Boards.

Another proof of this thing is that we are running a Board Review Program this summer itself for our MD3s and MD4s. So we make sure that students graduating in Basic Science Disciplines from our college/med school need not go for any professional coaching institute. They may go of course if they want. But if they attend the regular classes and do our Board Review, it is not necessarily needed.

This is all that I can say now. On a personal note, I can say with confidence and emphasis that I consider myself blessed to be a part of SMU family. And so the students who study here.
Any genuine or interested person is highly welcome to reach me or contact me or make relevant comments on this post.
I am more than happy to stand for the truth and defend it no matter how much it costs.

Thanks

bosek
05-23-2012, 01:41 PM
prof, please elaborate on the problems that you see.

buddha2012
05-23-2012, 02:19 PM
prof, please elaborate on the problems that you see.
Dear Dr. Bose,
Frankly speaking I do not find any serious problem with the university and not so even like a smallest point on the academic side.
Which is why we have medical schools. To teach and to train future generation of physicians.

And would me please tell me what SO CALLED problem you are trying to make a mention of ?

Thank you

bosek
05-25-2012, 09:57 PM
The world is better place because of people like you.

Copyright © 2003-2018 ValueMD, LLC. All rights reserved.