PDA

View Full Version : Truth About CMU

bosek
05-22-2012, 08:08 PM
quote from some other post
"sunnydoc".
I looked into CMU when I was making my decision of what school to attend. I will say that on paper CMU looks great. They have the IMED, WHO recognition. Great pictures on there website. Which btw is a knockoff St George's site which was also to be the AGU site but after a falling out and the CMU owner being terminated he used it as his own (Internet Archive: Wayback Machine) you can see the complete history of this website in the making. A lot of website designers use templates but it is not a good practice to use copyright material in your site.. Ok this is all good but upon digging a little it seem to me to be a big house of cards. Again this in my opinion, which was made from taking a cruise and visiting every single school, I was interested in attending, I showed up unannounced walked into the campus and there was no representation to be found at the WTC. Just dark classrooms. At every other school, there was someone to give me a tour and answer most of my questions. Also I did this in Oct so school was in session.

cardiomegaly
05-22-2012, 08:21 PM
Is there a secret competition between SMU and CMU. Both of the schools have pros and cons. Some students will like one and hate the other. We should be promoting one another not putting down each university. Even the big 4 have their pros & cons.

verokmed
05-22-2012, 09:45 PM
Hahahahaha. DrDkBose. You are a great source of information posting 20 posts on St. Martinus forum to glorify that "school". Come to the CMU campus anytime and you'll see over 70 students studying every day.

bosek
05-23-2012, 03:19 PM
Ha Ha Ha. Offer free tuition and free grades and you can collect only 70 students.

cardiomegaly
05-23-2012, 03:32 PM
WOW guys!!! It is apparent that both schools have students and challenging programs. Please dont take offense to people who put down your school. Their is always going to be someone who doesnt like your school. I personally dont care for certain caribbean schools but I keep my opinions to myself. Laugh at the statements on VMD and move on to something else. Im pretty sure that CMU & SMU both have some great qualities. I personally considered both at one time in my medical school journey.

tsmith
05-23-2012, 05:39 PM
Well its obvious that you can either after school hours or on a holiday because I attend the school and we are there everyday, except on Saturday and Sunday. Come by tomorrow and you will see us (no kidding) I will be happy to show you around.

WOW guys!!! It is apparent that both schools have students and challenging programs. Please dont take offense to people who put down your school. Their is always going to be someone who doesnt like your school. I personally dont care for certain caribbean schools but I keep my opinions to myself. Laugh at the statements on VMD and move on to something else. Im pretty sure that CMU & SMU both have some great qualities. I personally considered both at one time in my medical school journey.

tsmith
05-23-2012, 05:44 PM
BTW, I wish there was free tuition and grades, I would not have to show up, but because its not free, I guess I'll have keep going to class. Beside what purpose will that serves if I can pass the step 1, CMU wants the best for their student that's why its cheaper and attends is mandatory.

verokmed
05-26-2012, 12:36 AM
I wish there was free tuition and grades too :)

DrValueMD
05-26-2012, 12:58 AM
Sucks that you have to set up ur own clinical rotations. That's a BIG negative! Usually you contact the school and they set it up for you, but if you have to set up each and every clinical rotation, you would be waiting before you start your next rotation. I also don't believe that CMU is affiliated with that many hospitals. Am I wrong here?

bosek
05-26-2012, 06:05 AM
Names of the hospitals where they claim to have clinical rotations have been taken ( stolen) from confidential files of St James School of Medicine where owner was working as computer technician until fired in 2007. They do not have contracts with any of them.

devildoc8404
05-26-2012, 06:12 AM
Good Lord, enough already about CMU! We get it, you don't like them. Fine.

One well-reasoned, solidly-referenced, and intelligently-argued thread would more than suffice in airing the dirty underpants. No, really. For the past week it seems the entire VMD site has been turned into a pissing contest between two of the tiniest fish in the Carib medical school ocean.

bosek
05-26-2012, 06:12 AM
Please list the class and the professors. Please also list numbers of months your sessions has run in the last two sessions.
Stop cheerleading and post the truth.

verokmed
05-26-2012, 08:11 AM
Sucks that you have to set up ur own clinical rotations. That's a BIG negative! Usually you contact the school and they set it up for you, but if you have to set up each and every clinical rotation, you would be waiting before you start your next rotation. I also don't believe that CMU is affiliated with that many hospitals. Am I wrong here?

The students dont set up their own rotations. CMU does it all and I know students who finished basic science and they are rotating already.

rokshana
05-26-2012, 09:43 AM
Good Lord, enough already about CMU! We get it, you don't like them. Fine.

One well-reasoned, solidly-referenced, and intelligently-argued thread would more than suffice in airing the dirty underpants. No, really. For the past week it seems the entire VMD site has been turned into a pissing contest between two of the tiniest fish in the Carib medical school ocean.

lol...don't get caught up in this quagmire...CMU has a lot to overcome...its shady origins, the long lapse between IMED listing(2011) and origin,(2008-does beg the question why the period of time where they were NOT IMED listed) the "charter" initially posted and then of course their most recent newsworthy event...maybe they can, maybe they can't...occasionally students or "students" come here to bring attention to the school (i guess bad publicity is better than no publicity...), but its a no win situation...and SMU, well personally have no idea about this school, so not really sure why their students feel the need to wag this war...i can't imagine that CMU is that much of threat...

verokmed
05-26-2012, 09:50 AM
well if you consider SMU got its charter and IMED 13 years ago and has 10 times less students than CMU, which got its IMED not even a year ago, you'll see how fast CMU is growing.

kancho
08-31-2012, 12:46 AM
Not sure if this is thread is dead or not. I am not a student at CMU. But I have looked at the threads.
"Bozek" Why do you even care what happens at CMU? Because of repeated post it is harder to guage what is true and what is false. What does it matter to you that CMU had to give free tuition to gain students. As long as you don't go there. On the bottom it says "SMUFOM is the only medical school in Curacao with Clinical Rotations and Research. " I guess you are from SMUFOM. If that statement is true you have nothing to worry about. Probably will get insulted but I am curious why people who write on forums seems to have so many negative things to say. Not just valuemd but other places.

Dr. Eghi
09-11-2012, 04:28 PM
hello verokmed
do you attend CMU? if yes what semester are you in? i am in MD4 in ST JAMES but was looking to transfer out due to not enough hospitals for clinicals and my class size is huge.. neverdless i want to know about the school i am going to... can you pls tell me about the clinicals of CMU, also about the MD5. do you have a google voice number i can reach you at? you can ad me on Facebook. eghosa idumwonyi.
also is it true that CMU has rotations in BRIGHAM AND WOMEN in boston or any hospital in boston as posted on their website.. they seem to have lots of affiliated hospitals for clinicals making me question their integrity judging that they are less than 7 rs old...

Dr. Eghi
09-11-2012, 04:31 PM
hello tsmith
do you attend CMU? if yes what semester are you in? i am in MD4 in ST JAMES but was looking to transfer out due to not enough hospitals for clinicals and my class size is huge.. neverdless i want to know about the school i am going to... can you pls tell me about the clinicals of CMU, also about the MD5. do you have a google voice number i can reach you at? you can ad me on Facebook. eghosa idumwonyi.
also is it true that CMU has rotations in BRIGHAM AND WOMEN in boston or any hospital in boston as posted on their website.. they seem to have lots of affiliated hospitals for clinicals making me question their integrity judging that they are less than 7 rs old...

kancho
09-11-2012, 06:58 PM
Dr Eghi,

Can you tell me how large the MD4 class is? Are you talking about AICM the 5th semester. Is it difficult to get in? I was accepted to CMU but asked the question if they have greenbook locations they have for clinicals. They replied they do not at this time but will in the future.

Dr. Eghi
09-11-2012, 10:54 PM
We have less than 80 students presently in my class hence its difficult to get a choice spot in AICM due to the fact that they only have 15 spots for the bonaire campus each month is a space of 3 months... It bothers me that they don't have green book location based on the list of hospitals postd on their website they are presumably affiliated to.

kancho
09-13-2012, 12:00 PM
Can any current student shed some light on this. One admin using the online form says there is not greenbook clinicals and then another one says the core are greenbook emailed to the clinical dept. Which one is correct?

psychvmd
10-24-2012, 12:22 PM

Dr.Yatz
11-07-2013, 07:03 PM

MedStu16
12-09-2013, 02:02 PM
CMU does have affiliations with those schools, that doesn't necessarily mean we have rotations there. What the does mean is that we have had students do rotations there and so the school is affiliated. CMU sets up your rotations for you, you dont have to do it yourself. So I am not sure who thinks they have to set up their own rotations. Our dean of clinicals was just here last week informing MD3 and MD4 students of what is to come. We have amazing opportunities in clinicals and are one of the few schools that dont have to wait for clinical. We are guaranteed to complete clinicals in 72 weeks back to back in chicago. Do your research. Not everything you read is true.

MD1S
12-14-2013, 09:57 AM
Look any one reading these post I had gotten acceptance to both universities mention in this post and I must say they both have pros and cons. And it it really depends on what you are looking for in a school. CMU has a great staff, facility and teaching method. I would recommend to any student seeking an affordable medical education... So please stop with all the bashing

Copyright © 2003-2018 ValueMD, LLC. All rights reserved.