PDA

View Full Version : Testimonial by the resident

bosek
05-22-2012, 02:03 AM
After finishing my bachelors in literature at the University of Waterloo in Canada, I decided to apply for medical school. St Martinus in Curaçao was my first choice. I was scared to enter medical school because of the challenges and diligence required; after one semester at St. Martinus I realized that medicine was not only a possibility it was attainable. The teachers were great.
Small classes and top notch professors helped me learn everything I needed to know to enter clinicals and residency. When you are blind to the reality of being a physician you are scared at the depth of knowledge you might think is beyond your ability. I felt that way, even after finishing my medical doctorate. But great teachers, strong curriculum, one on one attention and a robust clinical experience had me ready without even knowing it. I studied hard and killed the USMLE exams which set me up for the MATCH.
I made connections during clinicals in the US, and ended up starting a general surgery residency in Cleveland at the Cleveland Clinic. After two years I realized as much as I loved surgery my true passion lay with family medicine. I'm currently a family medicine resident at UNC associated Moses Cone hospital in NC. I would recommend medicine to anyone with a passion to care for others. I would recommend St. Martinus because they took care of me from start to finish and I received an education that made me a competitive candidate despite being an IMG.

guilder2012
05-22-2012, 02:35 AM
This is motivating and uplifting

Jive Talk
05-22-2012, 04:59 AM
I don't see anything wrong with posting positive news

Copyright © 2003-2018 ValueMD, LLC. All rights reserved.