PDA

View Full Version : SMU Academics

bosek
05-20-2012, 10:27 AM
The academic curriculum employed at St Martinus University Faculty of Medicine (SMU) is second to none. The university is comprised of teaching faculty from different parts of the world, who are experts in their respective fields of the basic sciences. Each teaching professor has successfully cleared the USMLE with high merit; thereby facilitating the development of proven test taking strategies in the classroom. The basic sciences are taught in a didactic manner which emphasizes conceptual learning through understanding, therefore minimizing the need for rote memorization. All classrooms and laboratories are equipped with the latest technology to further enhance the learning process. SMU utilizes Computer Based Testing (CBT) which simulates the actual look and feel of the USMLE. In addition, all in house examinations are comprised of clinical vignettes which mimic actual USMLE styled questions. The low student to faculty ratio within each classroom ensures a better quality of education, and individualized attention for all students. SMUís two semester program provides students with adequate time to fully digest and internalize the basic sciences. This has resulted in higher satisfaction for both students and faculty which is clearly evident by the 100% UMSLE pass rate; and our students obtaining highly competitive residency placements in the US and Canada.

guilder2012
05-21-2012, 03:10 PM
I loose my patience when i see the students who are failing and transferring spread filth,

Copyright © 2003-2018 ValueMD, LLC. All rights reserved.