PDA

View Full Version : Living on the island of Curacao

bosek
05-20-2012, 10:22 AM
Living on the island of Curacao is one experience that you would never forget. From its diverse culture to beautiful landscapes, Curacao is one island that has everything for any adventurer and a must see for any avid traveler. When exploring any of Curacao’s beautiful beaches, you will be amazed to see the vast wildlife, cliffs and endless crystal blue water that surrounds you at every turn and offers you an opportune snorkeling and diving experience. Along with its beaches, Curacao offers something for everyone, including exciting nightlife, countless festivals displaying Curacao’s rich musical history, plenty of open markets and fine cuisine, rooting itself in a mix of over 50 cultures, and for the adventurous try Yuana, stewed iguana that remarkably tastes like chicken!
The official language of the island is Papiamentu, a multifaceted Creole language, based on Portuguese, Spanish, Dutch, and several African dialects. Along with Papiamentu, most inhabitants speak Dutch, Spanish and English very well, so you will have no problem communicating your every need and want. The island offers many amenities, from various shopping malls, supermarkets and facilities, that offer everything that any well developed country has to offer. This creates an easy transition for anyone who plans on staying in Curacao to study.
Attending St. Martinus University has been one experience I will never forget, for its education is laying down the foundation for my entire medical career. Many of its professors are practicing physicians on the island, with a strong background in medical education and practice. I was amazed to see the amount of knowledge our professors have in their field, and with the many clinical examples used throughout the course makes it fun and easy to relate and remember the vast amount of information that come with a medical education. The administration creates a stress-free environment with a family-like atmosphere that makes for attending classes more of a pleasure then of a burden. The campus is located in the center of Willemstad, Curacao’s capital city and gives the student’s opportunities to visit many of its cafes and restaurants throughout the day.
If you like beautiful scenery, friendly people, rich culture and a quality education for a price you can’t argue with, Curacao and St. Martinus University Faculty of Medicine is the perfect place for you. I am finishing up my last semester here, and must say, don’t want to leave this beautiful place but am well prepared and ready for the next chapter in my life, clinical rotations!

guilder2012
05-21-2012, 03:13 PM
for more information please go to the web site St Martinus University Faculty of Medicine (http://www.martinus.edu)

Copyright © 2003-2018 ValueMD, LLC. All rights reserved.