PDA

View Full Version : Get a life...

dailybasis28
04-25-2012, 12:39 PM
User cannot play nice.

Untel
04-25-2012, 01:28 PM
Hi dailybasis28,
I think KishKash186, ShadesMccool and whoever is here trying to defend SMU is a good thing. The tone of this forum is very negative toward SMU. Sometimes, we wonder if its true or not. By having someone defending the school confirms sometimes declarations made by unhappy students. By weighting both arguments, its easier to see clearly through this.

Moreover, the prospective students are warned that something is going on at SMU and if the arguments in favour of the schools seem good to them and if they still want to go to SMU, itís they choice.

In my case, I definitely prefer to have both sides here, even when the opinions are very biased in favour or against SMU.

kishkash186
04-25-2012, 02:48 PM
I just like having a go at those people who seem to have a vendetta about the school when quite frankly they have either left a few years ago or have been upset by failing an exam.

Again, I don't work for the school and have never failed an exam and everything I have said about the school has been objective.

Maybe you can wait till August when I graduate and I will be happy to swap emails with you and tell you who I am. Even if you found out I wAsnt the dean you would still find an excuse to not believe me and think I had a agenda.

It's pretty simple. Go to the big 4 or 5 and then decide on SMU. If you want to go to work in the UK SMU is a very good choice due to our great hospital in London, not sure the exact location.
If you end up in SMU you really don't have much to complain as you get what you pay for.

It's really that simple and if you need evidence that it can be done just look at the match list.

kishkash186
04-25-2012, 04:21 PM
Dailybasis considering you are at AUA now why do you come on here?

Shouldn't you be concentrating on passing classes which by the looks of you seem to be struggling like you did at SMU going by your posts on the AUA forum below?

'So far I have found Neuro for Dr. G's class kind of tough so far. I go to class and take notes, then I go home and study them. When I look at my notes that just dont make sense as I have written everything down, even looked at another classmate's notes to fill in what I do not have. When I study I am just like 'ok' but cannot make out why its important or how its relative. Did anyone in the past have this feeling in the past with Neuro?

Is this class taught in a way where things do not seem relative but somehow come together in the end...?

Can anyone offer some valuable input about this class as to how to study and what to expect from it as you go along in the semester?

Anything would be appreciated...'

Window Colour
04-25-2012, 04:22 PM
Its Whipps Hospital around the North-east of London I think.

kishkash186
04-25-2012, 04:53 PM
I think we have another two in the UK. I know someone who is at the London hospital and they say it's really good and that he rotates regularly with London medical students.

Window Colour
04-25-2012, 05:47 PM
I think there is, but I forgot what it was now, yes they rotate with students from London Imperial University.

dailybasis28
04-25-2012, 06:33 PM
Dailybasis considering you are at AUA now why do you come on here?

Shouldn't you be concentrating on passing classes which by the looks of you seem to be struggling like you did at SMU going by your posts on the AUA forum below?

'So far I have found Neuro for Dr. G's class kind of tough so far. I go to class and take notes, then I go home and study them. When I look at my notes that just dont make sense as I have written everything down, even looked at another classmate's notes to fill in what I do not have. When I study I am just like 'ok' but cannot make out why its important or how its relative. Did anyone in the past have this feeling in the past with Neuro?

Is this class taught in a way where things do not seem relative but somehow come together in the end...?

Can anyone offer some valuable input about this class as to how to study and what to expect from it as you go along in the semester?

Anything would be appreciated...'

That's quite the cheapshot you took at me there. You dug into every single post I ever put up on VMD. That class I took A WHILE AGO and passed on the first try. If you looked at the date of when I posted that post, it was obviously at the start of that semester and obviously EVERYONE is always trying to figure out a class when they first start taking. Nice try kishykashy but no cigar.

dailybasis28
04-25-2012, 06:46 PM
Hi dailybasis28,
I think KishKash186, ShadesMccool and whoever is here trying to defend SMU is a good thing. The tone of this forum is very negative toward SMU. Sometimes, we wonder if its true or not. By having someone defending the school confirms sometimes declarations made by unhappy students. By weighting both arguments, its easier to see clearly through this.

Moreover, the prospective students are warned that something is going on at SMU and if the arguments in favour of the schools seem good to them and if they still want to go to SMU, it’s they choice.

In my case, I definitely prefer to have both sides here, even when the opinions are very biased in favour or against SMU.

Sorry md201x, but you are wrong. I am going to correct you in the case of kishkash and shades mccool that they are not exactly defending the school. I mean they are but the way they do it is not proper. Sitting here and taking shots at other members saying they are not good enough to pass or that they could not handle the courseload or saying if you cant pass 5th semester you wont pass USMLE, or anything along those lines is not defending the school. There is a difference in the way you go about saying things. This is why other people get pissed off with these idiots.

If those retards were defending the school, then they would say something like "SMU changed the number of credit hours to allow the student to learn the material much better" or anything along those lines would be more sound and would be reflective of someone defending SMU.

No one ever said that saying positive things about the school was disallowed.

kishkash186
04-25-2012, 07:32 PM
You sound upset :(

Untel
04-25-2012, 07:36 PM
dailybasis28,

You should trust the people reading the forum. Expose your idea as you do and let us decide.
With all this negativity here people think twice before going to SMU. At least, I, for the instance I am hesitating. Some say classes are less full, so others hesitate as well and that costs the school.

You guys did the job of warning and this is fine. I am glad to hear it. However, no matter how much annoying you think the other side can be, I am interested to read it too. If the entire forum is full with one poster trying to dilute the cons of SMU I think I can see it. If its all lies and nonsense, Iíll see it. If there is some truth in it, I will see it too. Iím not on they side nor on yours, Iím on my side and I want to know.

What is important here is not who is telling what. What is important is Ďwhatí who is telling. We know that something is wrong at SMU otherwise there wouldnít be you, beachfan and others posting...

The question is: Is SMU worst than the other Caribbean school or is it that students from other schools just do not post negative stuffs as much as SMU students do it.

Furthermore, we need both sidesí arguments to decide if even after the warnings, we still want to attend SMU.

forced
04-25-2012, 07:51 PM
dailybasis28,

You should trust the people reading the forum. Expose your idea as you do and let us decide.
With all this negativity here people think twice before going to SMU. At least, I, for the instance I am hesitating. Some say classes are less full, so others hesitate as well and that costs the school.

You guys did the job of warning and this is fine. I am glad to hear it. However, no matter how much annoying you think the other side can be, I am interested to read it too. If the entire forum is full with one poster trying to dilute the cons of SMU I think I can see it. If its all lies and nonsense, I’ll see it. If there is some truth in it, I will see it too. I’m not on they side nor on yours, I’m on my side and I want to know.

What is important here is not who is telling what. What is important is ‘what’ who is telling. We know that something is wrong at SMU otherwise there wouldn’t be you, beachfan and others posting...

The question is: Is SMU worst than the other Caribbean school or is it that students from other schools just do not post negative stuffs as much as SMU students do it.

Furthermore, we need both sides’ arguments to decide if even after the warnings, we still want to attend SMU.

well said md201x

Window Colour
04-25-2012, 07:52 PM
I cannot say if its the worst out of all of them simply because I haven't been to any other carribean universities, but if there is a problem at other universities there will definitely be a minority of students expressing their opinions.

In my opinion SMU was a good university, but changes were done and it simply made my life there miserable. As for the changes, theres too many to talk about and probably good material to be used to go against me which I am not really in the mood to argue with.

kishkash186
04-26-2012, 05:05 AM
As much as I don't really care it makes me laugh that you are still threatening me with silly private messages

Dear kishkash186,

You have received a new private message at ValueMD Medical Schools Forum from dailybasis28, entitled "tear you up".

To read the original version, respond to, or delete this message, you must log in here:
http://www.valuemd.com/private.php

This is the message that was sent:
I had to remove the private message due to profanity even though it wasn't my message. anyways the message basically just threatened to attack me in a violent way etc...

You are pretty sad that you are randomly threatening to hurt someone on some Internet forum and it just goes to show your level of intelligence and maturity.

thxleave
04-26-2012, 05:12 AM
This isn't even a pro and con list of SMU anymore. It's a kishkash vs daily basis argument.

kishkash186
04-26-2012, 05:18 AM
Oh and another thing, going by your post below

2nd semester classes
Hey everyone

I am actually transferring to AUA starting this Fall semester. However I will arrive there on Sunday and I did not want to fall behind in classes for these first 3 days. I am taking Biochemistry, Neuroscience, and Physiology.

Can anyone out there tell me which topics will be covered for these first 3 days of classes for these 3 subjects? If anyone is kind enough, can you PM me your Skype name as I can send you my skype as well? I was hoping to get the lectures over Skype.

Thank you in advance and appreciate it much.

It's not hard to work out who you are as not many people transfer from SMU to AUA. Your abuse to my life could be seen in certain countries as a real and significant threat. SMU might find out who you are now.

thxleave
04-26-2012, 05:25 AM
Didn't daily basis just created a thread 2 weeks saying how great the deans were?

forced
04-26-2012, 01:26 PM
People can have different views on various subjects...but threatening is never good.
I am sorry to hear about this Kishkash186.
haha..finally we agree on one thing.

Untel
04-26-2012, 01:39 PM
Oh and another thing, going by your post below

2nd semester classes
Hey everyone

I am actually transferring to AUA starting this Fall semester. However I will arrive there on Sunday and I did not want to fall behind in classes for these first 3 days. I am taking Biochemistry, Neuroscience, and Physiology.

Can anyone out there tell me which topics will be covered for these first 3 days of classes for these 3 subjects? If anyone is kind enough, can you PM me your Skype name as I can send you my skype as well? I was hoping to get the lectures over Skype.

Thank you in advance and appreciate it much.

It's not hard to work out who you are as not many people transfer from SMU to AUA. Your abuse to my life could be seen in certain countries as a real and significant threat. SMU might find out who you are now.

kishkash186,
I always see you as a big defendant of SMU and always respected you view. ĎYou are the champion of this school!í If you lose control and get personal with your antagonist, I donít see how this helping SMU that you fight for.

May be you should do it in private.

kishkash186
04-26-2012, 03:15 PM
You are right I suppose md201x. I was trying to subtlety suggest that threatening people with violence has no place.

I have never been a defender of SMU just like to antagonise the minority who continuously try and dump on the school with their own agenda. Some of them don't even go to the school. If they were seriously trying to infirm people about their views of the school they could say the same about most of the other schools on value md but they only post on the SMU forum.

cardiomegaly
04-26-2012, 04:07 PM
You are right I suppose md201x. I was trying to subtlety suggest that threatening people with violence has no place.

I have never been a defender of SMU just like to antagonise the minority who continuously try and dump on the school with their own agenda. Some of them don't even go to the school. If they were seriously trying to infirm people about their views of the school they could say the same about most of the other schools on value md but they only post on the SMU forum.

you seem to be the only defender of the school. Its nice that you support your school. Dont let others get you upset. People are always going to have something bad to say about any of these schools. Dont take it personally. Just laugh at their comments.

kishkash186
04-26-2012, 04:30 PM
I dont support anything. Im just making the point that most of the complaints from people that are already in the school can be solved by working hard and making sure you are not scraping through and thus at the whim of any exam pass mark gradings.

For the people at SMU you can get into a good residency by killing the steps and ignoring value md and all the wierd biased negative comments.

Chitownmedic
04-27-2012, 07:41 PM
Where has dailybasis gone?.....

I think you two , kishkash and dailybasis need to get a room or something. It's like you love to wind each other up. These topics basically get thrown off topic and no one learns anything apart from smu is full of annoying moaners.

04-28-2012, 09:31 PM
This thread has no basis except to flame and insult. Closing.

Copyright © 2003-2020 ValueMD, LLC. All rights reserved.