PDA

View Full Version : Curious Call To Aureus Head Office

Doc2B79
04-24-2012, 12:15 PM
Hello I am a transfer student looking to apply to Aureus University. I filled out the online application form and followed up with a call to the head office. When I called the lady on the other end just answered "hello", she didnt do a an expected greeting such as "thank you for calling Aureus University", anyway no big deal, it's just that as a prospective applicant the first person you have contact with from an institution plays a big part in making an impression.

Second I inquired about making the application fee payment, and I noticed there wasn't a method to input the credit card info on their website. When I asked about this the lady mentioned that their website doesn't have that option and that I can mail in a check or use a paypal account.

I'm trying to be open minded as possible but these two events strike me as kinda weird and make me think twice as to whether or not I should even attempt to apply as a transfer to this school.
If I'm going to work hard and make sacrifices I just want it to get me to step1 with a good score. Can this school allow me to do that?? Please advise

devildoc8404
04-24-2012, 12:45 PM
I don't know much about Aureus, but two strikes in less than five minutes?

wannabie
04-27-2012, 01:16 PM
I don't know much about Aureus, but two strikes in less than five minutes? The school is legitimate with a few graduates holding residencies (about twenty). But be ready to deal with a significant deal of unprofessional behavior on the island. A library without books. Bugs running wild. A strange and randomly enforced dress code. Instructors not showing up to classes. Instructors drinking with students (I've personally only drank with three professors and the dean). But there are a few gifted professors on the island... If you want to hear good things about our school, google or facebook "Sajeet Sohi". He's a good guy. If you want to hear some frightening things about our school, facebook "George Blakely". He'll bring some some serious and valid concerns.

Copyright © 2003-2018 ValueMD, LLC. All rights reserved.