PDA

View Full Version : Which US States Approve Lodz 6 Year MD Program In English

Sobky
04-20-2012, 12:08 PM
Also Is It Approved In Western Europe ?

Can I Do Rotations In Western Europe Or USA Or Canada ?

bidiboom
04-20-2012, 12:54 PM
Sobky I dont know which ones approve, but I know some of which dont: The ones that follow CMB approval for their approval as well, like Texas, Idaho, Indiana and Vermont. There are some others as well which follow CMB approval list, but I dont know them.

Besides every state has its own rules and regulations. Out of this CMB approval barrier too there may be other limitations coming from the states' own rules, though I dont see such concerns around, but you cant rely on my words, it may be my own limitation.

As for rotations, if you consider to work in US in future, then you definitely need to have a/a couple of rotation/s in US, for a residency match. Generally speaking 3 4-week electives is pretty satisfactory in providing you with that USCE and LoRs from US MDs. But because Lodz dont have affiliates in US (last year's info, they may have now, I dont know) you will need to arrange it. For a US citizen its not hard, but for a non-US how it is I cant see clearly. The US policies in this matter is opening the doors to everybody from all around the world for USCE, but for a non-US student how easy/hard? I dont know.

Sobky
04-20-2012, 12:57 PM
What About Europe Is It Similar To US And By Europe I Mean ( UK , France , Germany ) Regarding I Have Lanuguage ?

devildoc8404
04-20-2012, 01:00 PM
It's currently about 40 US states, give or take a few. Any state that follows the California list (such as Vermont, New Mexico, Indiana, Arkansas, one of the Dakotas, and a few others) will also not approve the Lodz English degree to some degree or other.

Lodz (and, for that matter, Wroclaw) is technically approved in all of the European Union. HOWEVER, remember that this does not guarantee practice rights for non EU/UK/EEA citizens. That will vary according to the EU country, as well as whether you can speak the language there. For the record, though, England is currently virtually impossible if you are not from EU/UK/EEA.

Rotations depend on what is offered through the school's educational relationships, and what can be arranged by the student him/herself at US hospitals. However, remember that students need to get a visa to the US in order to attend any clinical rotation/elective/observership there, and that is certainly not guaranteed in the current political climate.

Sobky
04-20-2012, 01:02 PM
So Bottom Line It All Depends On The Colour Of Ur Passport :D

devildoc8404
04-20-2012, 01:05 PM
For getting visas? Sort of, yeah. :) Sometimes gender and/or travel history can play a role, as well.

Sobky
04-20-2012, 01:07 PM
Travel History Yea Because It Is Easier For Me To Get Visas As I Got 2 UK Visas Before But Gender ! Come On :D Really ?

devildoc8404
04-20-2012, 01:39 PM
Definitely. Young males from some countries will have a harder time getting a visa than young females from the same country/region.

hcg1234
04-21-2012, 05:28 AM
devildoc is mostly right. If any doubts, then contact each state medical board for approvals. Cali has NOT approved Lodz, whether it is the 4 or 6yr English program makes no difference. Please be aware of that. However, the 6yr Polish program is approved. If you want better chances for state approvals when you do make it through the boards, then the best suggestion is to go to schools that are Cali approved.

Copyright © 2003-2018 ValueMD, LLC. All rights reserved.