PDA

View Full Version : Windsor Univ School of Medicine or St. Martinus?

doctoroberoi
03-02-2012, 03:43 AM
I have been accepted at both - Windsor and St. Martinus for the upcoming summer'12 term. Attending Windsor makes a lot of sense financially. But it doesn't seem to have a good reputation. St. Martinus has a better reputation but is a lot more expensive. I'll appreciate any inputs on the matter..
Thanks in advance..!

soniaa
04-11-2012, 12:10 AM
I have been accepted at both - Windsor and St. Martinus for the upcoming summer'12 term. Attending Windsor makes a lot of sense financially. But it doesn't seem to have a good reputation. St. Martinus has a better reputation but is a lot more expensive. I'll appreciate any inputs on the matter..
Thanks in advance..!

Please apply to other schools like AUC, ROSS SGU SABA, AUA, MUA than come to Windsor ..

Also you should of applied to CAD, US and DO schools too .

But if your really disparate to learn and get an MD come on to Windsor

bosek
04-11-2012, 01:38 AM
Please apply to other schools like AUC, ROSS SGU SABA, AUA, MUA than come to Windsor ..

Also you should of applied to CAD, US and DO schools too .

But if your really disparate to learn and get an MD come on to Windsor

If you really look into expenses and time spent., the cost between St Martinus and Windsor will be same.
St Martinus is well rounded program and is in better island. The best thing would be to visit both the schools and talk to professors as well as students.
I know some students who are doing extremely well and are on scholarships. I also know some students who are in the process of talking to some clinics that will subsidize the tuition in lieu of the work.
Again the best thing would be to visit the island and get a feel for the program yourself.

You are planning to invest time and money. Visiting the island and talking to professor will give you the perspective.

theMDgoat
04-11-2012, 07:08 AM
If you really look into expenses and time spent., the cost between St Martinus and Windsor will be same.
St Martinus is well rounded program and is in better island. The best thing would be to visit both the schools and talk to professors as well as students.
I know some students who are doing extremely well and are on scholarships. I also know some students who are in the process of talking to some clinics that will subsidize the tuition in lieu of the work.
Again the best thing would be to visit the island and get a feel for the program yourself.

You are planning to invest time and money. Visiting the island and talking to professor will give you the perspective.

A whole group of fellow students could not stand the precarious living conditions up there and have chosen Curacao and St Martinus instead.
Indeed , come over and see for yourself.

cardiomegaly
04-11-2012, 08:55 AM
The living conditions are not the most important thing. I have heard from every Ross student I have come in contact with and that has been more than 10 that the living conditions as far as food and other things are horrible on the island of Dominica but the education is awesome. If you want a beautiful island go to AUC or St. Matthew's I would apply to Ross if I were you over Windsor & St. Martinus.

guilder2012
05-22-2012, 05:26 AM
The university has lowered the tuition fees.

Copyright © 2003-2018 ValueMD, LLC. All rights reserved.