PDA

View Full Version : RN to MD in Poland

pauli
02-20-2012, 10:40 PM
Hello! I am graduating this year with a BScN, Bachelor of Science in Nursing degree from Ryerson University. I will hold the title of Registered Nurse when I pass my licensing examination. Now the 6 year MD program in Warsaw that I am looking at, requires students to shadow a nurse for their clinical. Would I still have to do this as I will have my RN??

Pauli

devildoc8404
02-21-2012, 02:42 AM
That's probably a really good question for Warsaw administration.

Also, if you are graduating with your bachelor's degree, why would you not apply to the 4-year medical school program? It would save you two years.

Finally, Warsaw's English programs (both 4- and 6-year) are not approved for practice in all 50 states. Just be aware of that. Some of the other English programs in Poland are (Jagiellonian, Poznan, Silesia and Lublin), but not Warsaw.

bidiboom
02-21-2012, 06:06 AM
Besides, even if you need! :cool: to shadow a nurse, its 1) very short, about 1 month or so (this is not exactly about Warsaw, but I have read it in some other schools' curricular program) 2) It may be a good know-how transfer, from you to them, if not from them to you. On the other hand, regarding my personal observations, a well experienced nurse is sometimes better/different than a doctor in some stuff and they may have a contribution at some points as well.

For a summary of some of the schools (with 4 and 6 year programs, but only some of them are here):
Medical Schools (http://medical-schools.blogspot.com/)
The schools in general:
Database of Medical Schools 2004 (http://www.iime.org/database/databtxt.htm)
Which ones are CMB approved:
Welcome to the Medical Board of California - Medical Schools Recognized by the Medical Board of California (http://www.mbc.ca.gov/applicant/schools_recognized.html)

waxo
02-24-2012, 07:08 AM
Hi devildoc

I hope u still around! just need ur best advice on a few things. I already possess a BSc degree in science, and i would love to do the 4yrs medical degree been offered at Warsaw, however i'm abit worried about the language issue, coz i presume once iam done with the 1yr of the four, i will roll on into clinical practise with no knowledge of the native language. The other thing is that if u were to chose between Cluj, Riga, warsaw, gdansk and AUA (America University of Antigua) whcih one would u set your heart going for and why....please i need this...i need ur knowledge and wisdom on this, only coz it seems to me that you were here before, where i stand and coz ur like the God of valuemed...appreciate ur input.

devildoc8404
02-24-2012, 08:07 AM
Check your PM, waxo... and thanks for the kind (albeit ridiculously over the top) words.

bidiboom
02-25-2012, 04:27 AM
...coz ur like the God of valuemed...appreciate ur input...

Yes, he is The Good of ValueMD, and I believe, of the world as well, this species is necessary for the good of the world. An exciting future is waiting for him (jump..jump! :p), a future that he will eventually reap what he sowed until now. Ahh! I must confess that I feel jealous :rolleyes:

Copyright © 2003-2018 ValueMD, LLC. All rights reserved.