PDA

View Full Version : New Jersey Residencies

FLK
08-22-2004, 08:30 PM
I seem to remember that 3 or more SC grads matched into programs in New Jersey.

It's almost September. What is their status? Are they working or not?

Either they are working or were made to stop. There should be no ambiguity here. Either the state allowed them to work, they are working without the knowledge of the state, or they stopped from working. This is a simple question

I am sure current and prospective students would like to know

teratos
08-23-2004, 05:07 AM
They might want to know. Are you going to get a straight answer?? That's a definite maybe. G

anencephalic
08-23-2004, 07:00 AM
Are we back to liberating the collective student minds from the corporate oppression that is St. Chris Administration? :x

And yes, I am curious to know how the St. Chris grads in residency programs in NJ are doing....

Aloha,

Picard
08-23-2004, 02:18 PM
They are suppose to be a Jersey City Medical Center. Easy -- call them up and see if they are working. If they are, ask them diplomatically if they (JCMC) is aware that SC grads are not licensible in NJ and that it may not even be legal for them to be residents -- see if JCMC has cleared this with the state first.

P

neilc
08-23-2004, 02:40 PM
where is that helpful stchrisrep when you need him? he had plenty of time to dig through old posts to try to move anything less than glowing to the second page, yet when there is a legit, difficult question to answer, he is not to be found....

interesting. i don't recall any other school officials on this site involved in such devious antics, nor do i recall other school officials being unwilling to answer a question such as this.

Nebakanezer
08-24-2004, 03:12 AM
I would also like to know what ever happened to Max and his applications for licens. in various states?

anencephalic
08-24-2004, 06:31 AM
*chirp, chirp*

(the sound of a still night with crickets in the distance....)

Maybe StChrisRep is too busy to reply to this post since he's personally contacting the multitudes of licensed, practicing St. Chris Grads....

Aloha,

neilc
08-24-2004, 09:54 AM
*chirp, chirp*

(the sound of a still night with crickets in the distance....)

Maybe StChrisRep is too busy to reply to this post since he's personally contacting the multitudes of licensed, practicing St. Chris Grads....

Aloha,

doubt it...in the meantime he replied to a "do i need to meet the prereqs before i apply" question. and his reply was "prerequisites are recommended"...now, if they are simply recommended, doesn't that make them "prerecommendeds"???

i have a feeling i know which student is behind that screename...

stchrisrep
08-24-2004, 09:56 AM
I would also like to know what ever happened to Max and his applications for licens. in various states?

Infinite, he should be in the last couple years of his surgical residencies.

I can not confirm whether or not he ever applied for a license.

perspective
08-25-2004, 03:46 PM
I was wondering why people keep saying that St Chris grads can't license in New Jersey. THey said it's because of charter issues, but in fact that can't be correct because Kigezi grads have licensed in New Jersey (and they have exactly the same charter situation).

So why would St Chris be different from Kigezi in the eligibility of its graduates for licensure in New Jersey?

Darlyn3
08-25-2004, 03:59 PM
I was wondering why people keep saying that St Chris grads can't license in New Jersey. THey said it's because of charter issues, but in fact that can't be correct because Kigezi grads have licensed in New Jersey (and they have exactly the same charter situation).

So why would St Chris be different from Kigezi in the eligibility of its graduates for licensure in New Jersey?

Dear Perspective,

Don't pay attention to what everyone rights in this forum about SC.

And by the way, someone called JCMC and asked to speak to the Director of the Program, in which the SC grads are listed under, and like I said "You'll be lucky to get pass the receptionist" but since we have a lot of people that know everything in this world, not only did this person completely make a fool of himself when he finally got through by LUCK, and the director of the program told him..."Thanks you for your gestures, and concerns but we are pretty aware of who we let into our residency programs... CLICK". By doing what someone in this forum suggested not only did they make a fool of themselves but at the same time indirectly telling the program director that he needs to investigate his Physicians and the people he let's into his/her program a bit better, which I consider a disrespect!.

Have fun guys!

So much for your brilliant IDEAS!

azskeptic
08-25-2004, 04:15 PM

this explains it

http://www.valuemd.com/viewtopic.php?t=16151&highlight=nj+st+chris

FLK
08-27-2004, 10:27 AM

Dear Perspective,

Don't pay attention to what everyone rights in this forum about SC.

And by the way, someone called JCMC and asked to speak to the Director of the Program, in which the SC grads are listed under, and like I said "You'll be lucky to get pass the receptionist" but since we have a lot of people that know everything in this world, not only did this person completely make a fool of himself when he finally got through by LUCK, and the director of the program told him..."Thanks you for your gestures, and concerns but we are pretty aware of who we let into our residency programs... CLICK". By doing what someone in this forum suggested not only did they make a fool of themselves but at the same time indirectly telling the program director that he needs to investigate his Physicians and the people he let's into his/her program a bit better, which I consider a disrespect!.

Have fun guys!

So much for your brilliant IDEAS!

and how do you know exacely how that happened?..with exact quotes?

hoopz331o
08-27-2004, 12:07 PM
Hello i am trying to get into the St christophers 6 year med program. I am from NEw Jersey nad i wanted to know if anyone knew that after i graduate and i come here to do my clinical rotations is it possible for me to do them in New Jersey or anywhere in the US please reply on what you reccomend

thankyou

azskeptic
08-27-2004, 12:15 PM
Hello i am trying to get into the St christophers 6 year med program. I am from NEw Jersey nad i wanted to know if anyone knew that after i graduate and i come here to do my clinical rotations is it possible for me to do them in New Jersey or anywhere in the US please reply on what you reccomend

thankyou

http://www.valuemd.com/viewtopic.php?t=16151&highlight=nj+st+chris

FLK
08-27-2004, 12:20 PM
it's amazing to me that current students are in such a state of denial.

the people here remind me of a cult that is happily swallowing the Kool Aid.

let me tell you, if I had just lost my loan deferment and if there were potential problems with licsensure, I would not be vigorously making excuses. I would be mad as Hell and finding out answers, and posting them.

If the residents in Jersey are legally allowed to work POST THIS FACT. IF not, don't blame people for checking into this, given the discussions over the past year.

.......or you could just keep your heads in the sand happily shilling for the place

azskeptic
08-27-2004, 12:28 PM

let me tell you, if I had just lost my loan deferment and if there were potential problems with licsensure, I would not be vigorously making excuses. I would be mad as Hell and finding out answers, and posting them.

If the residents in Jersey are legally allowed to work POST THIS FACT. IF not, don't blame people for checking into this, given the discussions over the past year.

.......or you could just keep your heads in the sand happily shilling for the place

a new syndrome is identified Luton-Senegal syndrome

neilc
08-27-2004, 05:54 PM

i have recently recieved a PM from one of the larger tools that attends st. chris...his quote was "i am sure i will be licensed in all 50 when we get the kinks worked out"...i am still laughing. why go somewhere that has any kinks to begin with??? i think that it is a safe bet that st chris will be off limits for a few states at least...and, it is prob a 50/50 bet that it will even survive the licensing issues. there has yet to be a successful test run, so i would be a bit nervous by now...

no matter how much you love this school, it is clear that it is a risk. and, given the plethora of better options, it is clear that it is a risk that does not need to be taken.

hope2bdoc
08-27-2004, 06:13 PM
well, you have to understand that SC students can't get in anywhere else, so they latch onto this joke of a school and use it to fulfill their delusions of being in med school.

it's their conscious choice, so no one should feel bad for them once they get taken for a ride and robbed for everything they are worth or will ever be worth (financially, if one takes out heavy loans from key or wherever to attend such a dump)

graduate
08-28-2004, 05:41 PM
well, you have to understand that SC students can't get in anywhere else, so they latch onto this joke of a school and use it to fulfill their delusions of being in med school.

it's their conscious choice, so no one should feel bad for them once they get taken for a ride and robbed for everything they are worth or will ever be worth (financially, if one takes out heavy loans from key or wherever to attend such a dump)

Im sorry thats a whole bunch or **......

You stating that St. Chris students cant get in anywhere esle.... Where do you go? IUHS... or one of the other schools...

If you dont go to one of the US school you should learn to keep your comments to ur self... no one wants to listen to you nor do they want to waste their time with that comment... Well i wonder why.. Its because you and all of us on this forum are not in US med school for our own reasons.. not just because we couldnt get into any where else.

TXRN
08-29-2004, 09:05 AM

Im sorry thats a whole bunch or **......

You stating that St. Chris students cant get in anywhere esle.... Where do you go? IUHS... or one of the other schools...

If you dont go to one of the US school you should learn to keep your comments to ur self... no one wants to listen to you nor do they want to waste their time with that comment... Well i wonder why.. Its because you and all of us on this forum are not in US med school for our own reasons.. not just because we couldnt get into any where else.

Hey, Graduate, don't waste your breath with that post.

hope2bdoc
Currently banned. Joined: 02 Jun 2004

I remembered that I read his posts long time ago. I think he is the one that can not get into any medical schools because of very low grades.

THE END.

Copyright © 2003-2018 ValueMD, LLC. All rights reserved.