PDA

View Full Version : If SP says something you don't understand

tepudyoo
01-17-2012, 10:05 AM
Hi you guys, I need your experiences!!!
I will take CS next month in LA, and it just occured to me that SP might probably say a drug name and you just don't get what it is even after you ask him to repeat it. Is there any appropriate way to ask the SP? I mean, if it's ok just ask the SP, " I'm sorry, sir. Would you please spell it for me?" or if there's any other way to do so?
Thanks a lot!

earmuff
01-22-2012, 07:09 PM
hi I took my cs on friday and if I were you I would say
pardon me, I m I did not understand what you said, or say I m sorry I did not hear you, I dont htink you should ask for them to spell it out maybe sound rude.
gl

tepudyoo
01-25-2012, 05:58 AM
Thank you earmuff, I think you have a point.
Sounds like if the SP repeated that drug name and I still don't get it, I should not ask any further, right?

tepudyoo
04-27-2012, 11:41 PM
Thank you guys, I passed CS yesterday!!
I came across that condition I just mentioned above. I was honest and politely asked the SP to repeat drug names. I thought it works out this way. There was some drug name that I haven't ever heard before even the SP was so kind to repeat it slowly for me. I still might have put it wrongly in the patient note, though.
This is the second time I took step 2 CS. Last time I did it miserably. I did not even practice the cases with people and was in a hurry during the encounter because I was so worried that I could not make it in 15 minutes. The SP must have thought that I was rude and scored me low.
Really thank you guys and CSEvideo. I just did pretty much the same way as the doctor did in the video. I practiced a lot with my mom, my sister, my dad and even my girl friend. This time I did not worry about the time and I tried to slow down a little bit to build up the rapport and make the SP "feel better". Thanks to Buddha I passed. I will never forget the time when I stared at the score report yesterday. I could hear my heart pumping so loudly and perhaps some tear in my eyes. I told myself, I won this time!
I just want you guys to know that if I could, you could.
Good luck!

earmuff
06-01-2012, 01:16 AM
hey tepudyoo
its been a while but congrats on your score
gl for the match

Copyright © 2003-2018 ValueMD, LLC. All rights reserved.