PDA

View Full Version : Passed Step III !

docblin
01-04-2012, 05:51 AM
For years I have read and posted on this site the good and the bad about FM schools, especially SMU. I have ALWAYS stated it is up to the individual NOT the school. Well it does work!!!! My son now in First year FM residency after a prelim year in Gen Surg. just passed his Step III. Now he can obtain a full license to practice medicine after finishing 2 years of residency. Each state has differing requirements, but in Florida he can apply in June 012. In NY, PA he needs another year in the same residency, so June 013. In NJ, he needs 2 full years in same residency plus a signed 3rd year contract. So yes it can be done! Congrats Alex, you did it! Dad. http://static.valuemd.com/images/icons/icon6.png

epimed
01-04-2012, 06:11 AM
Congrats. Well done Alex.

Dr Rich
01-04-2012, 06:38 PM
So... how come all your posts are in behalf of your son and yet you write as if you were himself... all you Orlando admin people need to improve your concealed advertisement routines, you can't fool even a granny :rolleyes:

docblin
01-05-2012, 11:02 AM
I'm a real US trained M.D. for over 34 years! My son is now a FMG M.D. with all Steps (i,II,III) done. In a University sponsored FM program. Guess you can not comprehend someone can do it by working hard. Most people congratulate success. BTW I have no connection with SMU, only paid them a few $100K in tuition for my oldest. Sorry for you.

unhappyrentered
01-05-2012, 11:32 AM
Docblin, i'd have to agree with Dr Rich. It is very suspicious, if your son just became a resident, how come you wrote this post stating he was in his fifth semester, almost 5 years ago in October of 2007:

As a parent of a 5th semester. We chose SMU for the reasons of education first, clinicals second, saftey, than travel. The $ were equal in the long run. Grand Cayman is as close to being stateside as...

docblin
01-07-2012, 01:08 PM
"unhappy" Maybe you need to redo the math! If he started in May 2006, doing each semester with passing grades by Oct 2007 he was in the middle of his "fifth" semester. Very simple math. Than the clinical semesters (another 5 semesters + for a total of 10 semesters, see SMU website for # of semesters to be completed) plus in between clinical downtime of May 2008 to May 2010 (24 months). Graduating in early MAY 2010, exactly 4 years after starting. Than a prelim gen. surgery year (1st year residency), starting July 2010 to June 2011. Start Fam Med Residency, July 2011 to present. So where are your issues? the months match up. Why are you not happy to heard a SMUer being successful? Sounds/feels like you both have issues. PM me or e/mail me ([email protected]) if you do not believe who I am or what I have written.

Dr Rich
01-09-2012, 06:12 PM
Most people congratulate success.

You didn't succeed fooling me, but keep your hopes up high :rolleyes:

docblin
01-10-2012, 08:00 AM
Yes, anyone can pm me to verify who and what I am and hear that one can succeed from SMU. It is not an easy route to take. Facts are still facts. As fools are... well you can figure it out.

salma78
01-10-2012, 09:32 AM
That's great - Alex is awsome!! Congrats!

unhappyrentered
01-11-2012, 03:52 PM
I apologize if you're right DocBlin, but if not, you should be ashamed.

docblin
01-12-2012, 08:07 AM
E/mail me than you can see for yourself. Otherwise, this thread is done!

Copyright © 2003-2020 ValueMD, LLC. All rights reserved.