PDA

View Full Version : Is AUC telling you to lie about your case logs?

studentauc3165
12-27-2011, 02:09 PM
Has anyone been told to lie about the dates on your case logs?

Albeit that I missed a few days for interviews and sick days, but why is AUC advising me to change the dates of my patient encounters to include the days that I have missed? They mailed back my case logs stating I need to have a patient for EVERY DAY of the rotation regardless of post calls, sickness, or other excused absences. In fact, my case logs look like a hot mess now from scribbling out the truthful dates to put in the "advised" fake ones.

Anyone have this same problem with our school? Is this professional?

LinkMoto
12-27-2011, 03:34 PM
I don't see the point of case logs, ever. The only reason AUC does this from what I've heard is that if AUC ever gets into a lawsuit, they will have proof that the students are seeing 1 patient a day...

I dont know if other med schools have this too, but it seems like a waste to put random patients we saw, since it has no benefit at all haha

Slaol
12-27-2011, 04:12 PM
No, AUC has never told me to lie.

RfisherMD
12-27-2011, 07:03 PM
no post................

LSmith55UF
12-27-2011, 07:07 PM
I've simply put a line for the date stating "No patient contact-interview at ____, post-call, holiday, orientation, etc". As long as something is written for every day, I haven't had any issues with them.

DrFraud
12-27-2011, 09:13 PM
OK I would never sanction that you should lie, but really what is the purpose of case logs, is it to document attendance or to document pt encounters. While as a student I made every effort to acuralty document my logs, I might have by mistake put patients I saw on a monday under tuesday's date (wink wink). I'm not sure if this is ok, as I made every effort to accurately record my pt encountors, but I'm sure you can imagine that on occasion, inadvertantly not getting a date right is a reasonable possiblity from time to time........

AUCMD2013
12-29-2011, 08:10 PM
Case logs are necessary for some licensing agencies in the USA. Also, case logs allow you to better remember individual cases, presentations of diseases as well as management of that disease. Some schools require it, others don't. I always even out the patients i see because sometimes I dont see any new ones while other days i see 6 new ones. I dont' think it's a crime, as long as you're not making up the patients and the cases seen.

LSmith55UF
12-29-2011, 08:20 PM
Honestly, they're a huge waste of time. 1/2 the people fabricate them completely, or just list 1 patient per day to check the block. Others list every patient, every day, every time they see them, and have 20 pgs per rotation.

Lem
01-04-2012, 07:55 PM
1-2 per day... What a joke

Copyright © 2003-2018 ValueMD, LLC. All rights reserved.