PDA

View Full Version : Do the non-US students have problem with rotations/visas in US?

bidiboom
12-09-2011, 02:40 PM
Hi guys,

In SABA if you cant get visa for rotations in US, you cant graduate as well and you are outright left on the way. Just for curiosity, is there any non-US student or graduate who experienced or observed such situations?
Out of visa problems, does SABA really provide all of the clinical rotations for all of its students in US?

Thanks..

minukuri
12-25-2011, 12:24 PM
hi , i am a indian passport holder, but a med student of carib med school, i m done with my MD basic sciences, i am left with 72 wks of clinical rotations, what visa do i need to apply from india, inorder to go to usa to do my rotations in chicago, its not b1/b2 for sure, bcoz i went for visa last wk and VO SAID ME I CAME FOR WRONG VISA, COME ON J1 VISA INTERVIEW. can eny one plz guide me what docs i need for my j1 visa, and my school need to provide.
thanks

manuka honey
01-01-2012, 04:58 AM
hi , i am a indian passport holder, but a med student of carib med school, i m done with my MD basic sciences, i am left with 72 wks of clinical rotations, what visa do i need to apply from india, inorder to go to usa to do my rotations in chicago, its not b1/b2 for sure, bcoz i went for visa last wk and VO SAID ME I CAME FOR WRONG VISA, COME ON J1 VISA INTERVIEW. can eny one plz guide me what docs i need for my j1 visa, and my school need to provide.
thanks
J1 visas cannot be got if you are attending a Caribbean school because the school has to have a complete faculty in the US and be exactly like a US Medical school to sponsor you . At present non US? Canadian nationals in a Caribbean school can't get a visa for US rotations.

minukuri
01-01-2012, 09:48 AM
as being an indian passport holder , do i need some other docs, and will my school be able to provide docs like ds2019 and ds7002, well do i need some other docs also. plz help me , i am loosing lot of time and i want to start my rotations asap.:confused::(

bug_bunny
01-02-2012, 01:34 AM
Why don't you just email the school directly? On this website, you leave your future at vulnerable to any advice (good or bad). I can just say Saba is no longer accepted in US without any back-up evidence to my claim. Please email or phone the school for further direction. All the best.

sgMD
01-02-2012, 09:28 PM
J1 visas cannot be got if you are attending a Caribbean school because the school has to have a complete faculty in the US and be exactly like a US Medical school to sponsor you . At present non US? Canadian nationals in a Caribbean school can't get a visa for US rotations.

what are you saying ??????????????

misleading info to its finest... this is junk!

manuka honey
01-02-2012, 09:51 PM
what are you saying ??????????????

misleading info to its finest... this is junk!

If that was junk why don't you apply for a j1 visa from any US Embassy with documentation from SABA . I hope you will prove me wrong and get a j1 visa which will allow you to do Clinicals as a medical student. Good Luck

thelullaby99
01-14-2012, 01:09 AM
I just went to the government website pertaining to the J1 visa requirement, and yes it says there that an alien like me must provide documentation from the medical school/teaching hospital I'm rotating at. So in my understanding, you need to get that official letter from the teaching hospital, correct? Why would it be that hard then, if you have arranged to do your rotations there? They just need to give confirmation in the form of a signed letter that you, in fact, will be studying there. But to be more clear, I'm going to contact Saba and US embassy.

manuka honey
01-14-2012, 10:03 AM
I just went to the government website pertaining to the J1 visa requirement, and yes it says there that an alien like me must provide documentation from the medical school/teaching hospital I'm rotating at. So in my understanding, you need to get that official letter from the teaching hospital, correct? Why would it be that hard then, if you have arranged to do your rotations there? They just need to give confirmation in the form of a signed letter that you, in fact, will be studying there. But to be more clear, I'm going to contact Saba and US embassy.

For Institutions to be able to sponsor people through a J1visa the institution has to be registered and approved by the US State Department. If SABA had been a school in the US it could have sponsored you. Hospitals are loath to sponsor medical students as they use sponsorships for qualified doctors. Foreign schools such as SABA which are situated in countries other than the US have to be directly affiliated with a medical school in the US to be able to send their students for rotations in the US . SABA has no such affiliations. However good luck I hope your en effects will be successful.

uniworld12
12-13-2014, 09:36 PM
as being an indian passport holder , do i need some other docs, and will my school be able to provide docs like ds2019 and ds7002, well do i need some other docs also. plz help me , i am loosing lot of time and i want to start my rotations asap.:confused::(

Hi Minukuri,

I am in the same situation as you are but i am gonna start med school Jan 2015. I am an Indian and am on work visa in US. Ihaven'tfigured out my US visa situation yet. I contacted an attorney an american guy he told me over the phone that he cannot file a change of status for me. Well I am in US on H1b working. Once I stop working and travel to caribbean on Jan 2nd I have nothing to come back to US. Would you please explain me how you solved visayour situation. It will be really helpful to me.

Thanks.

africanchild
12-29-2014, 01:06 PM
You will need to obtain a B1/B2 visa for clinicals. Saba will write a support letter for you. You will also need support letters from institutions where you are scheduled for clinicals. The US used to allow people to obtain the visa at any US embassy, but now you have to go to your country of citizenship. The rules change all the time. So you will need to check in a couple of years and see what the rules are.

Copyright © 2003-2018 ValueMD, LLC. All rights reserved.