PDA

View Full Version : Chiropractic Medicine & Chiropractic Physicians Moving forward !!!

CARICOM-MED
12-07-2011, 07:29 PM
Seems that many DCs want expanded scope, but what programs are currently offered to push for that change ? aside from getting an MD or DO degree ? or perhaps PA or NP ?

NUHS-AUC
12-11-2011, 10:07 PM
NUHS is offering 2 years MSc in Advance Clinical Practice, several states are now offering DCs with MScACP enhanced scope of practice with prescriptive rights....
I believe this would be the way to go, for DCs wishing to move forward, would be to complete such program to demonstrate additional training, and I support NUHS for moving the profession forward.

Seems that many DCs want expanded scope, but what programs are currently offered to push for that change ? aside from getting an MD or DO degree ? or perhaps PA or NP ?

AgActual
12-12-2011, 12:33 PM
NUHS is offering 2 years MSc in Advance Clinical Practice, several states are now offering DCs with MScACP enhanced scope of practice with prescriptive rights....
I believe this would be the way to go, for DCs wishing to move forward, would be to complete such program to demonstrate additional training, and I support NUHS for moving the profession forward.

Several states now? I thought it was only New Mexico. Which other states have the expanded scope?

And I hear that in a year or two, NUHS will be offering the DCM, finally. The masters in advanced clinical practice is supposed to be a way that people with only a DC will be up to speed with the DCM grads.

NUHS-AUC
12-13-2011, 08:26 PM
Don't know, but from what I see, the MSc(ACP) will be the wave of the future, offering DCs from any school the option to expand scope. (Straight or Mixed DCs.) I've talked to many Palmer Graduates that also wish for expanded scope, with proper training, so, whatever NUHS is doing is the way to go.

Advanced Clinical Practice - College of Postprofessional, Graduate and Continuing Education |*National University of Health Sciences (http://www.nuhs.edu/academics/college-of-continuing-education/masters-degrees/advanced-clinical-practice/)

RRT2HOLISTICDOC
12-29-2011, 04:55 AM
I find this issue very interesting to say the least....Acupuncturists with a masters degree that have herbal medicine training and req. biomedicine courses and sciences courses can prescribe a formulary already just as large as NM DC's with MSc (ACP)....Most every acupuncture school is not regionally accredited and does not include intense science courses and averages around 3000 hours for acupuncture/herbal med/biomedicine classes. I believe even albuterol inhalers, oxygen, epinephrine, bio-hormones etc are included for them in NM if they get Rx certification which has level 1 and 2. You have to be approved by board including pharmacists and MD/DO, but still.....DC's are more qualified to do this and it seems you guys have to go thru soo many hoops for this..doesnt seem fair in the least.

NUHS-AUC
01-01-2012, 10:08 PM
Agreed :)
Maybe with new Advanced credentials and CCE changes Chiropractic will move forward, away from 200 year old dogma, that has no base in today's society....

I find this issue very interesting to say the least....Acupuncturists with a masters degree that have herbal medicine training and req. biomedicine courses and sciences courses can prescribe a formulary already just as large as NM DC's with MSc (ACP)....Most every acupuncture school is not regionally accredited and does not include intense science courses and averages around 3000 hours for acupuncture/herbal med/biomedicine classes. I believe even albuterol inhalers, oxygen, epinephrine, bio-hormones etc are included for them in NM if they get Rx certification which has level 1 and 2. You have to be approved by board including pharmacists and MD/DO, but still.....DC's are more qualified to do this and it seems you guys have to go thru soo many hoops for this..doesnt seem fair in the least.

Copyright © 2003-2018 ValueMD, LLC. All rights reserved.