PDA

View Full Version : So... why is everybody leaving?

Dr Rich
12-01-2011, 08:36 PM
So finally I confirmed the rumor and it's true, many as in A LOT students are leaving. They must be lost since we know that under the Dentist's command SMU has become the BEST school in the Caribbean :rolleyes:

unhappyrentered
12-02-2011, 10:43 AM
How many people are leaving?

Dr Rich
12-04-2011, 09:34 PM
Around 40 and maybe more, in few minutes you'll see how all the Kinkashs arrive to deny this :rolleyes:

siheg
12-04-2011, 10:01 PM
Leaving as in transferring or dropping out completely? What are the reasons behind this?

wannabeDocta
12-06-2011, 11:10 PM
Dr. Rich
can you please elaborate on what exactly this means? I have just applied to SMU and I really want to go there but I just cant seem to find alot of chatter on these forums negative or positive (thats up to date anyway). I have a couple of friends down there right now neither of which have mentioned anything negative except one is searching other options because she is having a hard time obtaining funding. Are people quitting, transferring, what? and why? The little that I have found about this school has mostly been positive but I just want to make sure I dont need to start considering other options for the time being..

thanks

:confused:

Dr Rich
12-09-2011, 07:56 PM
wannabedocta, and why should I do your homework? I was there in the golden times of this place, before they empowered the Immoral Majority headed by The Almighty Dentist, whose fantastic administrative and managerial skills have turned the school into dust. They claim the contrary, though, so all those students leaving should be the worst of the worst, am I right? Besides, you know yours is just a rhetorical question, so you already have the answer for it, am I right again? :rolleyes:

wannabeDocta
12-09-2011, 08:13 PM
wannabedocta, and why should I do your homework? I was there in the golden times of this place, before they empowered the Immoral Majority headed by The Almighty Dentist, whose fantastic administrative and managerial skills have turned the school into dust. They claim the contrary, though, so all those students leaving should be the worst of the worst, am I right? Besides, you know yours is just a rhetorical question, so you already have the answer for it, am I right again? :rolleyes:

well I appreciate your attempt to answer my question. I was anxious to hear back from you after I posted that and hoping for something helpful but this has been exactly what I thought it would be and that is a waste of my time. All I wanted to know was why are so many of these students leaving as you claim.. anyway oh well thank you and have a nice weekend I guess. rolleyes out! :rolleyes: :crazy:

pnickel
12-12-2011, 01:50 AM
Everyone is leaving because this school has been exposed for what it is: a shanty business that both the California board and Texas board have seen right through. With states adhering to a rule that schools turned down by another state will not meet their licensing requirements, then more states will disapprove of SMU grads. Get out while you can. SMU was a sham, so try to save what money and time you have left and transfer ASAP.

California's rejection: http://www.medbd.ca.gov/Applicant_Schools_Unapproved.htm
Texas' rejection: http://www.thecb.state.tx.us/AAR/PrivateInstitutions/fraudnotx.cfm
More states: View topic - State Licensing information • Medical School Forum (http://www.studentdoc.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=5144)

soniaa
12-12-2011, 03:16 AM
Everyone is leaving because this school has been exposed for what it is: a shanty business that both the California board and Texas board have seen right through. With states adhering to a rule that schools turned down by another state will not meet their licensing requirements, then more states will disapprove of SMU grads. Get out while you can. SMU was a sham, so try to save what money and time you have left and transfer ASAP.

California's rejection: http://www.medbd.ca.gov/Applicant_Schools_Unapproved.htm
Texas' rejection: http://www.thecb.state.tx.us/AAR/PrivateInstitutions/fraudnotx.cfm
More states: View topic - State Licensing information • Medical School Forum (http://www.studentdoc.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=5144)

So no residency in CA, TX or IN is New York next ?? because some students are saying New York is next

wannabeDocta
12-12-2011, 11:52 AM
Those report are from 2005. Yes TWO THOUSAND FIVE. I don't attend the school but it's one I'm looking at. I recently started a thread about this and outdated information. Everyone keeps saying "just do a search", "just read" but that exactly what I've done and any information I can find is 5, 6, and 7 years old just like this report you posted and act like it was made yesterday and everyone is like "owwww noo.."... Except this is old news that's been covered a MILLION times... Granted it hasnt changed nor do i know the steps SMU has taken to change it but thats why im here i was hoping to get valuable information from actual students, staff, or former students none of which ive received thus far..
Do yourselves a favor: use common sense, be more observant, and think...

diabeticmedic
12-12-2011, 12:21 PM
I'm a former student who left in 2009 because of the lack of loans. Transferred to a "better" school (50 state approval, title 4 loans, etc). There are 3 schools with these advantages- SGU, Ross AUC. I went to one of them. I left because I could not pay.

IDK why people are leaving now, but I'll give you some advice on the Caribb in general- at this point in time, don't even consider it. There are 5-6 new medical schools opening in the United States w/in the next 2 years and this is going to destroy the match for a lot of Caribb schools, especially a lower one like SMU. What does this mean? More US grads with the same # of residency spots. Many Caribb grads will not match in the next 5-6 years and only about 50% of foreign grads match as it is.

The match has gotten increasingly hard in the last 5 years for FMGs and it is only getting harder (for those idiots who think Caribb grads are not FMGs, we are). It is going to be near impossible for those people starting now so my advice is this: AVOID Caribb now at all costs, wait around, find out about these new schools, try to get into one. If anyone disagrees, please save your time and don't reply; you're wrong.

Dr Rich
01-02-2012, 07:00 PM
It is going to be near impossible for those people starting now so my advice is this: AVOID Caribb now at all costs, wait around, find out about these new schools, try to get into one. If anyone disagrees, please save your time and don't reply; you're wrong.

Nobody or at best few will follow your recommendation. SMU accepts people that struggle to understand. They will live a Caribbean party for two-four semesters and leave half broken with huge debt, so big that they won't have a chance if they want to retry in another school. Maybe more are starting to get it and that is why so many are leaving the school :rolleyes:

CaribbeanGrad
01-15-2012, 11:35 AM
Trust me please, as a caribbean grad from Ross, you do no t want to throw away your time, money, and efforts with this school. I have tons of friends that went to this school, not one recommended that i send my brother to St. Matthew's. From the top of the school all the way down to faculty, they are a mess and do not give a rats A$$ about you. They offer no financial aid (unless you illegally use money from an mba program to pay off your medical school tuition, even with that waste of time you will be short), they are not licensed in many states, they will keep changing rules while you remain there, and they have all sorts of legal troubles, lawsuits, etc. So they are on a nice island? If that is your reason to go there, God help you :) Seriously, please look to the better schools, like ROSS, SGU, AUC, AMA, AUA, and I am sure others. This school will put you in debt or weed you out, actually both. If you think you won't fall into this category, trust me you don't want to think like that and you will wish you listened to me if you get yourself into this mess. I sent my brother there despite the warnings, and now he is in a huge bind. Help yourself and heed this advice, i am doing this only to save people the pain and agony of what my brother had to endure. Sarim

Copyright © 2003-2020 ValueMD, LLC. All rights reserved.