PDA

View Full Version : warsaw vs krakow

11-27-2011, 11:40 AM
Im in high school right now and ever since i was little i've wanted to study at jag. problem is, my parents want me to go to warsaw :/. I was thinking about the 6 year med program at jag. is there anything similar to that at warsaw? if so, what are the pros and cons of both schools? thanks! :)

p.s. also :) does anyone know anything about the 5 year dds program at jag? is it hard? is there anything like it at warsaw?

bidiboom
11-27-2011, 12:30 PM
156287 hi again cool guy :cool: :D

I will say one thing and I will bup! later: With Krakow if you mean Jagiellonian, then beside its better reputation, between those two schools, Jagiellonian has California Medical Board approval and Warsaw doesnt. But if you consider the native programs, then both have:
Welcome to the Medical Board of California - Medical Schools Recognized by the Medical Board of California (http://www.mbc.ca.gov/applicant/schools_recognized.html#p)

You know, CMB approval means 50 state approval in US and lack of this approval means lack of the approval of some other states as well, which means not to be able to have a licence in those states and not to be able to apply for a lot of residency programs.

By the way, this reputation thing is a paradigm among us, the international students and prospectives.. the perspective of the native students/profs. maybe somewhat different about both med and dentistry.. for instance in my country, one school is great in medicine and its thought dentistry of it should be great as well, but in dentistry another school is the best.. also we may be impressed with their(Jag/Warsaw) intl. programs, and in native programs Warsaw may be better and Jag. may follow it, I cant know (though California approval is a point that will have a lifetime effect!).. so it may be a good idea to have a personal visit to the schools and to get in contact directly with the students and profs.

By the way, if I dont misremember, there were intro videos of the schools somewhere in their websites, at least in one of them I remember that I have watched. As for dentistry, I dont know.. pass me! :p

devildoc8404
11-27-2011, 12:55 PM
There is a lot of information on this site about both programs. Simply do a search and you will have plenty to start with.

FWIW, if I were choosing between them, I would pick Jag over Warsaw. That is based on location, program acceptance in the United States (Jag-English has 50 state approval, Warsaw-English does not), financial aid availability, and integration with North American hospitals and residencies.

11-27-2011, 02:04 PM
Thanks so much! :)

Copyright © 2003-2018 ValueMD, LLC. All rights reserved.