PDA

View Full Version : Some Advice Needed

dimab85
11-07-2011, 05:33 PM
Thanks issue resoolved

cms
11-08-2011, 10:43 AM
You could stretch 26 to 3 semesters maybe (8 per is minimum). Might make scheduling a b**** but is theoretically possible. Avoids all your issues.

dimab85
11-08-2011, 06:28 PM
that means i have to pay 3 semesters worth of tuition. price of 8wks=16wks

LinkMoto
11-08-2011, 07:26 PM
I was thinking of doing this as well, but I haven't gotten a solid response from my advisor if this was feasible when I asked a little while ago, it was just mentioned that the minimum was 8 weeks per semester at the very least. Like you mentioned, ending early and dealing with forbearance is a big concern especially since it'll be a while before July 1st. At least with stretching things out, it'll make it slightly easier.

HOWEVER, one little advantage of ending early would be that you would be ECFMG certified when applying for the match, which might help with programs that only look at FMGs that have their ECFMG certification ready. Whether or not it's worth it is a good question...:|

dimab85
11-08-2011, 07:58 PM
yea i still cant decide, what are the downsides of forbearance

cms
11-09-2011, 05:28 AM
that means i have to pay 3 semesters worth of tuition. price of 8wks=16wks
No. You pay 4.5 semesters of tuition regardless of how long it takes you to complete so stretching it out lets you borrow more. If you doubt me contact MEAS but I KNOW I am right.

dreileen
11-13-2011, 06:47 PM
No. You pay 4.5 semesters of tuition regardless of how long it takes you to complete so stretching it out lets you borrow more. If you doubt me contact MEAS but I KNOW I am right.

Although it may also seem counter intuitive to pay early, it does mean that you avoid tuition raises as well.

RfisherMD
11-14-2011, 12:58 AM

So, after paying the 4.5 semesters do you get the entire loan amount as a refund or does AUC stop certifying loans for you?

cms
11-14-2011, 05:43 AM
So, after paying the 4.5 semesters do you get the entire loan amount as a refund or does AUC stop certifying loans for you?Your loan is based on your costs so the loans after 4.5 are on a budget excluding tuition. This is subject to things like the med school caps on Stafford etc (which you will never hit unless you have pre-existing Stafford loans then it would be all Plus loans).

Copyright © 2003-2018 ValueMD, LLC. All rights reserved.