PDA

View Full Version : PUCMM Experiences?

egp5789
10-31-2011, 02:56 PM
I was looking to attend PUCMM sometime in the near future. I have gathered all of my pre reqs except for organic chemistry, so I would probably take that over there. Anyway I have heard numerous great things about this school, but I was wondering if I could get some reviews or experiences of the quality of life at PUCMM. I mean its Medical School, I understand that most of the time will be spent studying, but how often do students have breaks? I know it is the most demanding medical school in the DR but I was just wondering if students ever had time to go out or enjoy themselves every once in a while. I'm not lazy, nor am I a party animal.. Hopefully you don't get that impression.. Yo tambien hablo espanol y necesito practicar un poco, so if you want you can write back in spanish. :mrgreen:
Thanks!!

NeuroticPants
11-01-2011, 09:04 PM
Hey, currently in my 4th year at PUCMM. I'll keep it in English because honestly my Spanish spelling still isn't great :-). First, I'll assume that by "break" you mean spare time during the semester, since the vacations are documented in the department's calendar.

As you said, it's a demanding career in a demanding school, however you will find time to relax (and must if you want to keep your sanity). The first week or so of each trimester always starts off sluggish, so you'll be able to get out of your system any partying that you didn't get to do during vacation. After that, as long as you keep up with the material while it's being taught, and it's not during one of the midterms or finals week, you shouldn't have any trouble taking a couple of evenings free each week. Obviously, this varies depending on the course-load; The trimester with neurology and neuroscience I pretty much forgot there was an outside world. But, my general experience has been that if you do it right you can still play while minding your GPA.

Don't worry. Be happy.
11-01-2011, 09:06 PM
La informacion presentada aqui anteriormente ha perdido su valor social y por el bien de los demas y respeto a los lectores de este foro, ha sido eliminada por su autor.

Se les respeta y admira.

Gracias y adelante con sus sueños. Que se hagan realidad.

Copyright © 2003-2018 ValueMD, LLC. All rights reserved.