PDA

View Full Version : Admission requirements

xParadise
10-04-2011, 08:34 PM
Hi, I've just recently started looking into attending medical school overseas. I live in Canada and want to do the 6-year MD program and it seems Poland has a lot of good med schools and decent tuition. However, their websites tend to be rather unclear about their admission requirements. Most seem to have an entrance exam, but are any specific courses required to be accepted? Either high school or university? I know here in Canada the admission requirements are very strict and usually clearly stated on their websites, so I'm a little confused about how it works in Poland. Is it the same basic Chemistry, Biology, Math, Physics, Biochem, Organic chemistry, etc?

Any help is greatly appreciated and thanks in advance!

bidiboom
10-05-2011, 12:02 AM
Hi, I've just recently started looking into attending medical school overseas. I live in Canada and want to do the 6-year MD program and it seems Poland has a lot of good med schools and decent tuition. However, their websites tend to be rather unclear about their admission requirements. Most seem to have an entrance exam, but are any specific courses required to be accepted? Either high school or university? I know here in Canada the admission requirements are very strict and usually clearly stated on their websites, so I'm a little confused about how it works in Poland. Is it the same basic Chemistry, Biology, Math, Physics, Biochem, Organic chemistry, etc?

Any help is greatly appreciated and thanks in advance!

xParadise hi :)

The 6-year programs wait for high school graduation.. only the 4-year programs demand bachelor's degree and premed courses with it.. so that you prefer a 6-year program, high school graduation is enough..

Regarding the exam subjects, they mostly focus on Biology, Chemistry, Physics and Math.. some schools demand only Bio and Chem, while some others demand Bio, Chem and Phys.. and some others Bio, Chem and optionally either Phys or Math.. the interesting thing in this region is that (ehem! this is Europe ;) ), they (at least some of the med schools) perform oral tests, besides written.. I think they want the student to be able to explain his/her point, instead of only a multiple-choice test.. this is seen in entrance exams as well and after written test, they invite you (mostly in the same day with written test) to have an interview.. actually interviews are not to check your scientific knowledge base, rather they want to see how you express yourself, your English quality etc.etc.. but still they ask scientific questions as well..

Here is a summary list of some of the med schools in the region (there are two more school summary in the next page of the blog, but in Hungary):
Medical Schools (http://medical-schools.blogspot.com/)

Hope this helps :)

Copyright © 2003-2018 ValueMD, LLC. All rights reserved.