PDA

View Full Version : Texas License

aucmedicine
10-04-2011, 04:26 PM
Do all electives have to be ACGME accredited forTexas Licensure? I know that Cores do, but can you have one or two electives that are not ACGME as long as it meets the 130 weeks requirement from the TX medical board? One of my electives is not ACGME and I'm considering TX for residency. Also, if you end up doing residency in TX, but want to get licensed in another state - are all residents required to apply for TX licensure?

Thanks.

dreileen
10-04-2011, 11:12 PM
Mrs. Meyer can answer your questions. She posts on VMD and is from the TX Medical Board. She will probably direct you to the TX Medical Board web page. I think they require that some electives are greenbook (FP, ER, neuro). She came to AUC during the last clinical symposium and gave an exceptionally informative presentation.

rokshana
10-04-2011, 11:25 PM
do a search for mrs meyer's posts...she has since retired from the tmb, but has posted since then,

dreileen
10-05-2011, 12:06 PM
do a search for mrs meyer's posts...she has since retired from the tmb, but has posted since then,

She was just at AUC in June and again in August. You sure she is retired?

rokshana
10-05-2011, 01:07 PM
She was just at AUC in June and again in August. You sure she is retired?

lol, so she posted here a couple of years ago...maybe she got bored with retirement?

dreileen
10-06-2011, 01:40 PM
I swapped a few emails with Ms. Meyer and cores need to be greenbook. Texas includes family practice as a core along with the 5 regular cores.

Copyright © 2003-2018 ValueMD, LLC. All rights reserved.