PDA

View Full Version : AUC friendly rotations in Southern California

patel1719
09-28-2011, 06:31 PM
I wanted to know if anyone in the past had any success in applying for IM rotations OUTSIDE of kern in california (esp Southern California). I have emailed many hospitals (UCSD, UC Irvine, UCLA) have all rejected me and I am waiting to hear from many more others that have yet to respond. I wanted to know where other AUC students have been accepted/rejected for rotations so I know whom to contact. Thanks!

dreileen
09-29-2011, 09:39 AM
There was a document on the AUC webpage that had a list of hospitals where other students have done elective rotations. It was password secured but it was entitled Clinical-Sites-Report-Electives (dated 05/31/2010). If you can't find it, your OCSA advisor should be able to give you a list. Most of the CA hospitals listed in it are in Southern California, but not all.

Link to the page it is on:
http://www.aucmed.edu/clinical/elective-rotation-sites.html

psiko84
10-18-2011, 12:45 PM
Out of curiosity did the UC hospitals give you a reason when they said no? I am also interested in some elective rotations in Southern California and was thinking about trying for some of the UC hospitals when the time comes.

Copyright © 2003-2018 ValueMD, LLC. All rights reserved.