PDA

View Full Version : cmuzilla

med209
09-03-2011, 08:34 AM
Another "fan" of the school, who just registered today to bash. U r right, the US school don't accept psychos but they can register easily to the forum to put all this nonsense. I lived in the dorms and i was happy that the school provides housing. Those things may happen anywhere in the world, like in Virginia Tech University in 2007. Google it and find out if the school was ever blamed for the tragedy.
Shame on you for utilizing someone's death for ur personal purposes.

heartbeat
09-03-2011, 09:05 AM
Thank you med209. cmuzilla has been busy in the last few hours going onto several of our threads posting false things for the purpose of stirring trouble instead of focusing on the ethics he took an oath to uphold and practice and of course his studies. He just finished on another thread bashing our loan program. I'm here everyday with the students and they have all received their loans, distributed on time and they are all very pleased! I am also over at the dorms daily and all of the students are very pleased with the dorms. Possibly he would be much happier if he was only paying $550 total for a decent dorm with all electricity, water, air/cond, trash, internet, and cable included in this price- AND had a school bus that would take him to and from school each day. So I think I can safely say our students are extremely pleased! He is from another school here on the island and was one of the people that VMD banned from the site this week due to infractions, so he has registered with a new name. Sadly, I am sure we will see more from him unless he rethinks his ethics and professionalism. I think a much better use of his time would be his studies so he can earn what he came down here for to begin with. Leave the people alone that have chosen to change schools, let them be happy with their own personal choices and wish the best for everyone. I think all of our goals are the same so we should be happy for each other and support each other and not make deliberate attempts to hurt others. We are all just trying to get our studies done, focus and do well, and earn our MD in order to help people- did we forget why we are here?

med209
09-03-2011, 09:44 AM
Thats true. Im not gonna waist my time replying to this kind of posts.

rokshana
09-03-2011, 09:57 AM
Another "fan" of the school, who just registered today to bash. U r right, the US school don't accept psychos but they can register easily to the forum to put all this nonsense. I lived in the dorms and i was happy that the school provides housing. Those things may happen anywhere in the world, like in Virginia Tech University in 2007. Google it and find out if the school was ever blamed for the tragedy.
Shame on you for utilizing someone's death for ur personal purposes.

uh, yes, it was...there were many things where the school was weak...not locking down the campus, not sending notification to students, faculty, and staff about the incident, etc...so yes many thought that the school didn't do enough to protect its students at the time of the incident and in recognizing that the kid was unstable(there were many warning signs that were brushed aside or ignored).

med209
09-03-2011, 10:31 AM
warning signs that were brushed aside or ignored? Like what? What can a school do to prevent such events? Please tell me cause its so easy to judge someone

rokshana
09-03-2011, 02:22 PM
warning signs that were brushed aside or ignored? Like what? What can a school do to prevent such events? Please tell me cause its so easy to judge someone

that he had troubles in high school, that he had mentioned to family and friends that he felt that he was being singled out for things that he was discipline for, that he was under pschiatric treatment previously but did not want to continue therapy and would not take medication...i'm from virginia and it was well covered in the press.

VT did their mea culpa and has since implemented a lot of security measures to protect their students and staff...yes, much was in retrospect, but scrutiny also exposed a number of swiss cheese holes that lined up that shouldn't have....if a school keeps proclaiming that a major event occurs is an anomaly and doesn't take measures to understand HOW the event was allowed to happen and doesn't take action to prevent it from happening, then they are not being realistic with themselves or their students, present or future.

and, while a bit grandiose, the comparision with 9/11 doesn't did either...NYC didn't sit back and say...oh, the planes into the World Trade Center had nothing to do with us, it was a fluke...they probed into the event, looked to see where mistakes were made, looked for what was lacking and have taken steps to make sure they do everything in their power to make sure that it doesn't happen again...you have shown us nothing to the same effect from cmu if you answers here are those of the administration.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Virginia_Tech_massacre

The Virginia Tech Review Panel, a state-appointed body assigned to review the incident, criticized Virginia Tech administrators for failing to take action that might have reduced the number of casualties. The panel's report also reviewed gun laws and pointed out gaps in mental health care as well as privacy laws that left Cho's deteriorating condition in college untreated.[1]

The Virginia Tech Review Panel's August 2007 report devoted more than 127 pages to Cho's troubled history.[1] At three years of age, Cho was described as shy, frail, and wary of physical contact.[45] While early media reports carried speculation by South Korean relatives that Cho had autism,[46] the Review Panel report dismissed this diagnosis.[47] In eighth grade, Cho was diagnosed with severe depression as well as selective mutism, a social anxiety disorder that inhibited him from speaking.[1][48][49] Cho's family sought therapy for him, and he received help periodically throughout middle school and high school.[1] Early reports also indicated Cho was bullied for speech difficulties in middle school, but the Virginia Tech Review Panel was unable to confirm this.[50] High school officials worked with his parents and mental health counselors to support Cho throughout his sophomore and junior years. Cho eventually chose to discontinue therapy. When he applied and was admitted to Virginia Tech, school officials did not report his speech and anxiety-related problems or special education status because of federal privacy laws that prohibit such disclosure unless a student requests special accommodation.[49]

The Virginia Tech Review Panel detailed numerous incidents of aberrant behavior beginning in Cho's junior year of college that should have served as warning signals of his deteriorating mental condition. Several former professors of Cho reported that his writing as well as his classroom behavior was disturbing, and he was encouraged to seek counseling.[51][52] He was also investigated by the university for stalking and harassing two female students.[53] In 2005, Cho had been declared mentally ill by a Virginia special justice and ordered to seek outpatient treatment.[54]

The Virginia Tech Review Panel Report faulted university officials for failing to share information that would have shed light on the seriousness of Cho's problems, citing misinterpretations of federal privacy laws.[55][56] The report also pointed to failures by Virginia Tech's counseling center, flaws in Virginia's mental health laws, and inadequate state mental health services, but concluded that "Cho himself was the biggest impediment to stabilizing his mental health" in college.[1]

Following the 2007 shootings, Virginia Tech began employing an alert system on their website, as well as text messages to warn students of danger. The alert system was first activated in 2008, when an exploded cartridge from a nail gun produced sounds similar to gunfire near a campus dormitory. It was later activated on August 4, 2011, during which the university was locked down, after three children attending a summer camp reported seeing a man near Dietrick Hall walking quickly toward the volleyball courts while carrying what might have been a handgun covered by some type of cloth. Police from Virginia Tech, Blacksburg and Christiansburg, as well as Virginia State Police and Montgomery County sheriff's deputies searched for the man, but could not find anyone matching the children's description.[109]

The Department of Education fined the University $55,000 on March 29, 2011 for waiting too long to notify students of the initial shootings. The fine was the highest amount that the Department of Education could levy for the two violations of the Clery Act resulting from the failure to notify students in a timely manner of the shootings in West Ambler Johnston. [134] In announcing the fine against the University, the director of a department panel which reviewed the case was quoted as saying "While Virginia Tech's violations warrant a fine far in excess of what is currently permissible under the statute, the department's fine authority is limited". As of March 30, 2011, the University had announced its intention to appeal the decision.[135]

VT came under a great deal of scrutiny during this time and while they may have been slack prior to the shootings, they have a pretty decent job of making the campus safer after the shootings.

rokshana
09-03-2011, 02:24 PM
as cmuzilla states he was a student at cmu at the time of the killing...he has just as much right and is as crediable as you are on this site and is able to post what he feels is the truth about cmu.

heartbeat
09-03-2011, 02:43 PM
cmuzilla nor heartbeatz are students at CMU, he is a student at SMU. All of the CMU students from last semester are returning to CMU this semester. They have stated that "it is what their friend would have wanted". They really need to be on their own forum building up their own school and giving good comments to students considering their school rather than bashing another school and worse using a tragedy as a tool for contention and even more worse impersonating that they were CMU students that were here at that time. So again, can everyone take a step upward and try to move forward in a professional manner. Its becoming harder to imagine that some of these people are actually wanting to be physicians? I hope everyone goes back and re-reads the oath we have taken.

cmuzilla
09-03-2011, 03:47 PM
Grandma. I know you do not remember because of your old age. I said I got ripped off by both the schools and moved to St. Eustatius. I was at SMUFOM before I went to CMU. We were 12 students that were promised tons of things like being accredited, best professors and loans.
Eight of them went back to SMUFOM. I ended up in St Eustatius.

I also said that if it was not for JD, SMUFOM would have been at the same league as SGU.

I am heading into clinicals. I just dont want other students to suffer at CMU like I did. WHEN you are looking for a way out from CMU because I know you will message me.

I will continue to ask to please provide me the phone number and information for the loans if you have got one.

This scam is going on for four years now. I resent poor parents and students being ripped of by these so called A**H*****S and their cronies.

PM me if you want my phone number and would like to talk to me further.

Copyright © 2003-2018 ValueMD, LLC. All rights reserved.