PDA

View Full Version : I see dead people at smu!

Itookthegamepro
09-01-2011, 11:50 PM
Someone pm'd me to speak about the schools dissection lab (actually more then 8 people did so thats why I'm not ping you guys back personally heh)

The body they have in the Anat room is kept in really good shape compared to the bodies Ive seen on other campuses. They have J** come in and constantly check on the body everyday to keep it fresh and up to par.

The Md1's have done a spectacular job cutting it up (apparently they are required to read Grants before coming into the hall and have to be able to cut it out by themselves for part of their grade), apparently the person had a collapsed right lung and it was punctured by a chest tube that was put in after he died.

So yes people, you guys get to do all the cutting in Anat, its not pre cut like it is at most schools, and apparently Dr.S stands with you to make sure you guys are doing it right

Anymore questions ill answer via inbox unless I get another questions like this when a ton of people ask me the same thing ^^

f-anaida
09-02-2011, 12:35 AM
well this is the reason i am applying to st.martinus

bosek
09-02-2011, 03:07 PM
Did MD1 actually cut up the cadaver?

heapro
09-03-2011, 01:54 AM
i think definitely

Itookthegamepro
09-03-2011, 01:25 PM
yeah they did, I watched one class when they opened up the thorax initially, Dr.S kept asking them questions and made them really know their stuff.

acknowledge
09-03-2011, 04:13 PM
Someone pm'd me to speak about the schools dissection lab (actually more then 8 people did so thats why I'm not ping you guys back personally heh)

The body they have in the Anat room is kept in really good shape compared to the bodies Ive seen on other campuses. They have J** come in and constantly check on the body everyday to keep it fresh and up to par.

The Md1's have done a spectacular job cutting it up (apparently they are required to read Grants before coming into the hall and have to be able to cut it out by themselves for part of their grade), apparently the person had a collapsed right lung and it was punctured by a chest tube that was put in after he died.

So yes people, you guys get to do all the cutting in Anat, its not pre cut like it is at most schools, and apparently Dr.S stands with you to make sure you guys are doing it right

Anymore questions ill answer via inbox unless I get another questions like this when a ton of people ask me the same thing ^^

So you only have one cadaver for the entire class? I feel like you guys are being shortchanged.

cmuzilla
09-03-2011, 05:11 PM
I got shortchanged by SMUFOM and CMU. I am not sure how many students do they have now?

bosek
04-16-2012, 03:48 PM
I am happy with what I have been provided so far.

guilder2012
05-21-2012, 03:28 PM
I was pretty amazed with the knowledge DR G S has. Specially stuff related to spinal cord was amazing. I just hope and pray that Dr. G S is around for a long long time. I am blessed to have Dr. PG S as a teacher.

Copyright © 2003-2018 ValueMD, LLC. All rights reserved.